Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not 100% sure why, if it's the same cost, but at least they're trying to think of new options/services. https://www.facebook.com/CBCScomics/photos/rpp.1425619567703884/2317160841883081/?type=3&theater
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
I like it wish the label was a different color.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Verified, no grade? But still in a slab? Might be a tiny market
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Verified, no grade? Might be a tiny market
Unless there's a reduced price. I have a lot of low-grade comics that were signed just because that's what I had on hand that wouldn't get any added value from being verified. But I like slabs, so if it could be done reasonably cheap...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd use it for a bunch of my stuff that I love but really isn't worth the grading circus.

Are they doing this AT the show or just taking the submissions?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88

Unclear, I read the facebook post as if this was an unveiling of a new service. I imagine there will be a post or e-mail from CBCS at some point to elaborate/clarify.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Dont see it on there website. Could be testing at the show.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
I’m totally down for a label with no grade🤗. Wish they would do this with yellow label 🤷‍♂️
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
I’m totally down for a label with no grade🤗. Wish they would do this with yellow label 🤷‍♂️
I wonder if they will...the example is a VSP and it says "get your sigs verified and encapsulated", but since each label is specially printed for each individual comic you'd think that would be a possibility. You can already get the original art, ungraded label, so it would make sense to include yellow labels here.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
It's just another option to cut turn around times if someone wants to do this...verified straight to labels.

Cover sketch with verified signature fits into this category...plus also might setup the workflow for other things down the road (photos, prints etc...)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, not something I would use. If I'm going to pay to get it slabbed, I'm going to pay and get it graded as well. If I want it temporarily protected I'll use a top loader until I get it slabbed.

Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

This persons verification of the arts signature might be a good example. Of course his price isnt.
Post 12 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88

If you’re asking if they’re doing this onsite at SDCC then no
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I knew Beckett was going to slowly roll out their logo onto CBCS slabs...just knew it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't that a lot like putting on a condom and not using it?
Post 15 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

Not unless there's a signature on your dick that needs verification.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

All my answers for that are so offensive that I'd be permanently banned for saying any of them.
Post 18 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
C'mon. You know you wanna say hmm... green label... what's missing?

Or purple. No comment....
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
I have long believed that there is a market for non-graded but encapsulated comics. My thought had always been vanity type labels. Something like "Bruce's amazing copy of Incredible Hulk 181"

This isn't the same thing - but it's a step in that direction. A slabbed but not graded comic book. The grading company starting with signed books.

I'm not sure that it can be done cheap enough to really interest a lot of people. If you have paid attention to the companies that graded comics - watched comics progress through the system - it becomes obvious that encapsulation is most often the bottleneck. A couple of graders can grade a comic far quicker than it takes staff encapsulation to get them labeled and encapsulated. And clearly the slabs cost money. So it could well be not having graders examine a book might only save a few bucks.

But I still think there is a market. Sometimes you know your book is a beater but it's special to you. You'd like a slab and a label and you don't want to look at a .5 grade.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I knew Beckett was going to slowly roll out their logo onto CBCS slabs...just knew it.

I'm sure many to most will disagree with me, but I kinda like the Beckett logo. And from a business perspective I think the Beckett logo screams "we are big league"
Post 21 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
Quote:

I'm sure many to most will disagree with me, but I kinda like the Beckett logo. And from a business perspective I think the Beckett logo screams "we are big league"

I like it on VSP to show authorizing agency. I wouldn't have an issue with CBCS getting a logo change to integrate somehow, or if they add it to the back of the label. I like the current label fronts of blue/yellow label comics; don't want more room being taken up by an additional logo.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

As they should. They verify these books, and are a well established company. The partnership between CBCs and Beckett is a win / win!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
598080 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?