Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
If you dont have a TMNT #95 look no more.Comic Elite is selling TMNT #95 A cover for $19.99.Get it before its gone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme this isn't directed at you, thanks for the heads up on the forum to all the members here bravo

but this is my criticism for comics elite and other sites:

https://www.comicselitecomics.com/products/tmnt-ongoing-95-cover-a-wachter-6-19-19

It's not a cameo. It's a first appearance. She's on like the last 3-4 panels lol this is for all those people who missed out and claim that #97 is going to be the full appearance (in costume with yellow bandanna)

It's funny when non tmnt people get in on the fun.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
So what's happening now they are trying to see TMNT 95 is not a first appearance?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
oh no!!....not the cameo/appearance fiasco's again!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
First appearance? Hasn't this character been around for like the past 40 issues?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
First appearance as a mutated turtle from Leo's blood transfusion. And I believe the people saying its a cameo are the ones who missed out on buying first prints of Issue 95. (or a sales pitch)

Furthermore, there's been a girl turtle on the crappy live action tv show on netflix since the 1990s - and other iterations of the cartoon as well. So this is only a first in the IDW current canon to the comics. Jennika has been around since issue 51
Post 6 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I picked up 51 too
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Why?Do you have one?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@comicsforme Are you talking to me? If so Yes I do I have an extra to sell just trying to understand what's happening with the value of this book
Thanks
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kevin Eastman pulled a fast one and refunded everyone's orders over the week once they realized there was fire catching with #95. He claimed they were out of stock or low on order and were out of town at a con when it all happened so fast. So he sent out refunds today to all the customers who bought from his fan club website at kevin eastman studios.

(Edited because Mr. Brian Springman from the FACTS Comic Book Speculators Group on Facebook (and Northwest Comics) cried like a little baby about sharing his post on what Kevin Eastman did to his customers orders on TMNT #95) Holy cow that guy has mental issues. Asking for screenshots of peoples groups yet acts like a fool of himself when you share some screenshots of his group. Haha, what a nutbag. You should read his maniacal ramblings and cursings. Mental illness goes unchecked in this country every day.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
IMHO the casual comic fan will forget about this character in a year. It was only recently that I remembered they killed off Donatello for a moment. This reminds me when everyone got excited about the female snake eyes.

Like @kaptainmyke said, there has been a female turtle before. This is just the first in IDW cannon. Who knows where this goes in 10yrs if IDW doesn't keep the Turtles license.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Honestly I forgot Donatello "died" myself as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Honestly I forgot Donatello "died" myself as well.

Really, when did that happen? I'm totally out of the loop on this one.
Post 13 IP   flag post
My LCS has 3 #95's on order. Hasn't been canceled just yet, we'll see.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
First appearance as a mutated turtle from Leo's blood transfusion. And I believe the people saying its a cameo are the ones who missed out on buying first prints of Issue 95. (or a sales pitch)

Furthermore, there's been a girl turtle on the crappy live action tv show on netflix since the 1990s - and other iterations of the cartoon as well. So this is only a first in the IDW current canon to the comics. Jennika has been around since issue 51

So Amazing Spider-man 299 is the first appearance of Venom?
Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

i have 25 copies coming
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

i have 25 copies coming

If my order does get canceled, I'll be hittin' ya up
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think SDCC has an exclusive #95?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Rhode Island 95 seems to be the super rare ghost
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

virgin cover art that is just reused art from the last panel
Post 21 IP   flag post
BTW...

clickable text

WALMART EXCLUSIVE TMNT BLACK AND WHITE COMIC 4-PACK

It’s the summer of new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures. Playmates just revealed a new comic inspired Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Black and White Figure 4-Pack arriving at the end of the summer. The set, which will be a Walmart exclusive, features the four comic inspired Turtles released a few years back, just in black and white. The set will also include a reprint of TMNT #1, with a new cover by Kevin Eastman.

The figures will be available on Walmart.com starting on Thursday, August 18th. We aren’t sure of the price but you can expect them in Walmart stores mid-August.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
virgin cover art that is just reused art from the last panel

And I literally just got a Tweet from IDW that none will be sold at the show.... sigh.
They sold 100 on Tuesday night and 100 on Wednesday night. That's it (they claim) for sales.
That book is one to look out for in the short term
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
Quote:

So Amazing Spider-man 299 is the first appearance of Venom?

Well, I’d argue ASM 252, but yes. First appearance. But whether it’s a cameo or full appearance does not matter in many cases. It’s which on the character is on the cover, or which cover is more aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes print run or limited distribution plays into it too.

Even reprints see higher prices than first prints when they re-use interior art of he first appearance as the cover art.

So I suggest not worrying which comic will be cameo or full...when in doubt, go with the cover appearance as the tie breaker.

Unfortunately the comics and ponies and sdcc version are the ones that have her in the cover...and issue 97 has an orange bandanna without claws..so is it Ben her? 97 isnt going to sneak past anyone either.

Hoping he 2nd print of 95 has her on the cover...
Post 24 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
But whether it’s a cameo or full appearance does not matter in many cases. It’s which on the character is on the cover, or which cover is more aesthetically pleasing. Sometimes print run or limited distribution plays into it too.

Even reprints see higher prices than first prints when they re-use interior art of he first appearance as the cover art.

So I suggest not worrying which comic will be cameo or full...when in doubt, go with the cover appearance as the tie breaker.

These are all great points. Personally, I think both the cover appearance and the limited distribution are the two key factors, but I'd be hard pressed to say which is more important. Teen Titans #12 is the most valuable for the BwL, even though the creator says the first appearance is Metal #2. TT #12 is both a smaller print run AND a cover appearance (on one version of that cover). Naomi #1 has the new character on both covers, but it's the main one that people like, not the variant. Is the cover art just better? (My opinion, yes.) Or is it to do with print runs? (No idea.)

New characters appear in runs all the time. Marvel Comics Presents #6, Avengers #684, TMNT #95. And not always on the cover. But new characters also often appear in a new series, starting with #1, and those never really go anywhere (unless the character has real staying power, over years.) And that's because the first issue of a comic always have MUCH bigger print runs, regardless of the era or comic.

So I guess I'd say: it's the limited numbers that make the biggest difference. Low print runs means that a comic can easily 'pop', even without a new character, like TWD 192 or 193, Batgirl #23, Batman Damned #1, or Avenging Spider-Man #9. Or just about every single 'artificially' limited retail incentive comic. If there is any reason at all for a comic to be more desirable - or perceived to be - then a limited print run ensures it will be hard to find, and go up in price right away. And once that starts, then the bandwagon effect really drives the bubble.

So I guess some sort of "event" is necessary as a catalyst, but limited quantities is a must for that catalyst to take hold. It really has to have both, I guess, for different reasons. Based on that hypothesis, TMNT's #95 is the one to get, regardless of technicalities of 'first appearance' vs. 'cameo,' because - as someone else said - everyone is ready for #97.
Post 25 IP   flag post
601285 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?