Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Immortal Hulk 20 question9514

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
So I recently bought a few copies of Immortal Hulk 20 from mycomicshop.com and noticed there was an A cover and a C cover that look identical except the c cover costs a buck more apparently. Bardcodes even look the same far as final four.....I puzzled over this one for awhile

Apparently there are blood splatters on the title block for the C variant, which doesn't seem to even be marked as a C variant anywhere that I could see...did anyone else find other differences or tells?

Apparently Hulk Blood is selling for a premium nowdays !!!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Carnage versions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
right both books have the Carnage insert, which is large and inserted in the middle
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel is doing "Carnagized" variants right now to promote the upcoming series. A few issues in different Marvel runs have had surprise carnagized variants with red carnage stuff on the titles...At my LCS they are usually just mixed in on the shelf and you have to dig for them...

I guess you pay an extra buck to secure a copy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
makes me wonder the print run of the two and where to focus ….
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
makes me wonder the print run of the two and where to focus ….

From what I understand (what shops received) print runs are the same for the 2 - there are other titles like symbiote spider-man 3 , venom #15 etc
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
I have an extra copy of this bloody hidden gem variant if anyone is interested
PM me
Post 8 IP   flag post
It used to be easy collecting comics...open the bin, poke through the books and easily recognize Daredevil 168, Giant size X-Men 1, Iron Fist 14, and spidey 129, but someday in the future can you imagine going through three long boxes and then the seller telling you...oh yeah dude, those were all detective 1000 issues, did you see one you liked?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Feel pain for the completionists ..

Would think most are waving the white flag these days
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Darkseid, couldn't have said it better myself! Nuff said..
Post 11 IP   flag post
Speaking of Immortal Hulk 20 (Ross Cover), why the heck is it selling for a premium (like $35) a day after coming out.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop there's 2 Ross covers - the one with him picking up a tank is a SDCC exclusive. The other is the Red Harpy.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ahhh...thank you InfinityG. Much appreciated as is that SDCC cover.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently my LCS wasn't even informed of these "venomized' versions. Lucky for me they just charge the same for all covers.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
It used to be easy collecting comics...open the bin, poke through the books and easily recognize Daredevil 168, Giant size X-Men 1, Iron Fist 14, and spidey 129, but someday in the future can you imagine going through three long boxes and then the seller telling you...oh yeah dude, those were all detective 1000 issues, did you see one you liked?

Exactly, I have a hard time finding anything now. I want the first appearance of this character. Type the issue into ebay and have no clue which is the actual comic I want. That is a store exclusive, That one is the sdcc version. Oh wait that is the 3rd print. So confusing. Throw in virgin covers and now I don't even know what issue or comic I am looking at.
Post 16 IP   flag post
601288 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?