Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Would you consider this a Newstand version?9513

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Back in the nineties mom had the habbit of buying whatever and as many as she felt like off the spin rack at the grocery store or Wal Mart shelf. Once a month when she visited I would get big sacks of " here you go". No method or reason beyond a mother's love
So searching through books to let go and these ...reprint soft covers of Lonely place of Dying storyline....with stickers for bar codes. I know these were from her and had to come from a spin rack or Wal Mart. Would you consider them Newstand versions?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Wallstreet private msg quote post Address this user
Out of my realm but that's awesome that your mom did that for you ritually. Certainly a form of love. Btw I would assume so...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
You mom is awesome!!! I was born in 1957. I wish my mom had done that for me back then. If she did I would own CBCS and make some changes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town - MCS has copies in FN for $21. But there were 2nd Printings.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Darkseid_of_town - MCS has copies in FN for $21. But there were 2nd Printings.

I was looking at that, but none appear to have the bar code sticker mine do…..makes it hard to know what I have or what is fair. to ask for them
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
You mom is awesome!!! I was born in 1957. I wish my mom had done that for me back then. If she did I would own CBCS and make some changes.

She had the random luck back then to score me ten sets of amazing spiderman 361,362, 363, several copies of the squirrel girl into book, and even the Marvel super heroes with the missing captain marvel story with sabertooth. …..course I also have multiple copies of the bagged Barbie #1 as well as many others lesser sought for.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
There are instances where newsstands did not have access to a particular book available on the direct market (which were not returnable), But they wanted them anyways so slapped the sticker on them.

Other instances where the distributor did not have both versions yet had both orders, so used a sticker as well.

In both scenarios neither are newsstand printings, they were just sold by newsstand vendors
Post 7 IP   flag post
That answer.seems to best fit everything except if they did not have access to the book how did they get the books? There isn't a comic book store within fifty miles of this town so that means somehow getting direct access printed material miles away bringing it here and stickerng it to offer it in a grocery store...
Still your answer is the best I have to work with
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
To me, it's just a blurry picture with indiscernible subject matter in them.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598099 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?