Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

X-FORCE #1 [First Printing] Slabbed 9.89499

Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone has a copy of X-Force #1 [first printing] when I was at gocollect.com today the FMV of a 9.8 slabbed is $110.00 My problem is I have 6 complete sets of them that are still in polybags and not one is slabbed

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I am guessing that is a lot of us' problem.....
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Yup. I have 20 of them in polybags. I tried to move some of them a few years ago on ebay for $5 each - couldn't sell a single one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
This book had a huge print run...the 9,8 is a little harder to come by because the polybag put a linear indent in the back cover on a lot when they were stored and polybags can sometimes blunt corners. 9.8 is nice at $110, but the drop on a 9.6 to $35 makes it tough to justify grading when they're so readily available.

I think this book also peaked with the X-Force movie news, which has now sort of died with Fox. If the Fox movie ever sees light at Disney the 9.6 could see some more value temporarily, but it's a long shot right now.

That being said, slab and collect what you like regardless of other opinion. 9.8...9.6...it's still an iconic book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Deadpool 2 movie ruined any sort of chance for X-Force being brought to the big screen. They literally just used it as 5 minute gag and that was it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, X-Force was no more than a five minute gag. That series was garbage.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

Yep, that was one of the situations leading to my departure from the hobby in the 90's. I couldn't afford vintage comics back then, and I was stubbornly "MMM", so I didn't look elsewhere for the real quality books of the time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector PlayTimeComics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey if you guys don't want those X-force books shoot let me know ..
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTimeComics
Hey if you guys don't want those X-force books shoot let me know ..

The moment I do that, we'll be visited by an Intergalactic Federation of trillions who worship Liefeld, making each existing copy a relative rarity.

Sorry
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
yeah besides if we give up our copies, he who doesn't draw feet will embargo signing our other books
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector PlayTimeComics private msg quote post Address this user
Lmao. I have probably 2 ... If I see them in the wild I will always pick them up since they usually go for $1
Post 11 IP   flag post
601252 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?