Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.harvestorinvestments.com/category/MCCCS.html

I just don't get the market for these. Any of you do?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
More and more the hobby is reminding me of the 90s. Which quite honestly scares me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
You know, the asking price for those things is insane. I rather have a low grade of the real thing for that much . But it's not my money, to each his own I guess.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
You know, the asking price for those things is insane. I rather have a low grade of the real thing for that much . But it's not my money, to each his own I guess.

Gold is 1,397.10 per ounce!
Silver is $15.19 Per Ounce!

CGC is GOUGING people for those foils!

NO THANKS!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
LOL 😂 is all I can do 😂🤣! Yeah these are not real investments period! They are more like talking pieces when you have guests over 🤷‍♂️
Post 5 IP   flag post
High dollar novelties 🤷‍♂️
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
LOL 😂 is all I can do 😂🤣! Yeah these are not real investments period! They are more like talking pieces when you have guests over 🤷‍♂️

Are they just the covers? Not even a comic?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I think so
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmellos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I think so

The highly-anticipated third release in the Marvel Comics pure silver foil collection commemorates the origin and first appearance of the Incredible Hulk from May 1962. It features an exact replica of the thrilling The Incredible Hulk #1 cover by world-renown artist Jack Kirby and incorporates both color and engraving. This 1 oz. fine silver collectible is presented in a fully colorized collector’s tin which features pages from The Incredible Hulk #1 printed on the interior. The foil sets within a clear tray creating the illusion that the cover is “floating” over the last page of the comic!
Each Marvel Classic Comic Cover is struck in 1 oz. pure silver and features color and engraving to bring each cover to life! There is a very limited MINTAGE OF ONLY 1,000, for each cover, so this is one of the lowest mintage foils ever produced! Each foil comes in its original full color collectors' tin featuring the first and last page of this landmark comic printed in full color on the interior! For authenticity EACH FOIL IS INDIVIDUALLY SERIAL NUMBERED!

Yeah, this is worthless aside from the 1oz of metal.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
S
T
U
P
I
D
Post 10 IP   flag post
It’s just a way to get $5000 for something that’s around $1600 in weight, minded my prediction on value is a guess🤷‍♂️🤪. I think gold is less than that per ounce 🤷‍♂️
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Some are sold out at $6500 each! Who would buy these?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
People are buying so they keep making ..

Fools and their money
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
My take:
1) they are sold by a company that has Investments in its name
2) they are Limited Editions
3) they come in their own Collectors Tin
4) there’s still a sucker born every minute (with too much disposable income and too few brains for their own good)

Like @Virgincollector states, the majority of their value is in the precious metal they contain. However, I just checked and a Troy ounce of gold is currently at $1,285.40. That’s quite the markup for putting it in the form of a comic book cover.

This really reminds me of some of those commercials that sell fake US Gold coins. Like replicas of Buffalo nickels plated with real gold. So you get a fake coin covered with a layer of gold that is literally a few molecules thick, and the actual value of that gold is like 1% of the price they sell these thing for. Of course the name of the company includes the word Mint, so they must be legit, right? (Just like if any comic book says Collectors Edition on the cover, you know it’s going to be valuable.)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
First off I've never seen that many 10 & 9.9's and secondly is CGC insane !!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
First off I've never seen that many 10 & 9.9's and secondly is CGC insane !!

The suckers who buy them are insane
Post 16 IP   flag post
600491 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?