Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ERGGGGG I HATE Ebay sellers sometimes9486

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
You can ship a raw book, in a top loader, in a low profile box, properly wrapped in bubble wrap and still only pay first class.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I recently got this feedback from a buyer. I packed the books as I usually do, and just considered it standard packaging for comics. Buyers typically just say something like “well packed”, but this guy went a bit further.

As a buyer you should be looking at sellers who get that kind of feedback.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I never use bubble wrap or bubble lined mailers with raw books. Bubble Wrap allows for flexibility which is a major NO NO with comic books. Solid Brick Packaging with heavy rigid cardboard and absolutely NO movement of the book inside, which includes using the correct sized bag and backing boards.

I also agree about "tape plastering" While I do use an ample amount of tape, I always fold the edges and create strategic pull tabs for easy removal.

Even the standard comic mailer boxes are susceptible to bending if interior cardboard is not used with it.

I bombproof everything and have never had an issue. Its nice to have happy buyers who appreciate the effort of great packaging. I take great pride in my packaging and Im proud of the feedbacks I have received over the years.

Some of my recent Feedbacks:

Great🚐💨 time! Amazing package, outstanding! Thank you so much My bizz is yours Buyer:
Spawn (1992 Todd McFarlane) #1 - #113 42 Book lot Nice clean Issues 9.2 -9.4

Quite possibly the greatest packing job of any comics transaction ever! Buyer:
Jonah Hex DC (1977 1st Series) 14 Issue Lot VFN (#183800563988)

Shipped same day I bought! Packaging was incredible, even a surprise! 10/10 Buyer:
Amazing Spiderman #325 (1989) Todd McFarlane / Red Skull 9.2 - 9.4
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I always double box raw comics.

How to properly ship raw comic books in the USPS mail system.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
f
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Today I had a seller message me asking to cancel his winning bid 3 minutes before my auction ended..."family emergency"....WTF?!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
"Hate" is such a strong word. I prefer to use words like loathe, detest, or abhor. I also like to say "This is anathema unto me." Life is too short to go around hating things.

I do own Hate #1

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 The taping is sooo important. I've received comics taped for security with good intentions, but resulted in almost damaging the book attempting to undo. Well placed tape with the folded corners as pull tabs is the way to go.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
@BigRedOne1944 The taping is sooo important. I've received comics taped for security with good intentions, but resulted in almost damaging the book attempting to undo. Well placed tape with the folded corners as pull tabs is the way to go.

I make pull tabs from the tape also but i only use painters tape to adhere the comic book to the cardboard that i sandwich the comic to, so that you don't destroy the comic as you're trying to separate it from the cardboard (i've had that almost happen).
Post 34 IP   flag post
Ok I forgot to update the thread. The seller refunded me $20 so I could have the book pressed. I submitted it for pressing at SDCC so we are square as far as im concerned!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
Can't stand it when people use packaging tape on the comic bags.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobert

I concur (look it up) (kidding). That's how i almost wrecked a comic trying to free it from the packaging tape death grip.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:

I usually bag and board comics individually. I slide a stack into a magazine bag. I then use packing tape on the magazine bag and tape it to a strong piece of cardboard. I always make pull tab flaps so it can be pulled off easily without adding stress to the comics.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

I concur (look it up) (kidding). That's how i almost wrecked a comic trying to free it from the packaging tape death grip.

I don't even chance it anymore, and keep my razor-blade knife handy for any and all persistent tape.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Quote:

I don't even chance it anymore, and keep my razor-blade knife handy for any and all persistent tape.

Dito. But the more expensive the book the more nervous I am getting a blade that close to it.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dito. But the more expensive the book the more nervous I am getting a blade that close to it.

Ha! Ain't that the truth.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmellos
I just got a book I bought from ebay where the seller shipped the book in heavy flat paper envelope with the comic sandwiched by to cardboard pieces. Needless to say the comic is bend in 3 spots now!

I am SOO SICK AND TIRED of LAZY sellers! Ship your damn books in a BOX with padding around the comic!

This just happened to me 2 days ago. eBay seller mailed 3 comics in a mailer envelope sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard...not enough protection & comics were dented on corners!! The seller has 100% positive feedback and comments like "great packaging"!??
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a friend who cut a half-inch sliver off the cover of Sub-Mariner #1 (the Silver Age book) being careless with a knife when he was cutting it free of a cocoon of packing tape.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I like to pretend I’m a surgeon with a scalpel when I’m extricating a comic from a bag or package. Take your time and patience!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I like to pretend I’m a surgeon with a scalpel when I’m extricating a comic from a bag or package. Take your time and patience!

but you shouldn't have to use a knife. I sort of only require one to get the large outer package open. the inside is all painters tape.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio

but you shouldn't have to use a knife. I sort of only require one to get the large outer package open. the inside is all painters tape.

There was a brown paper packing tape that I liked to use, but I can't find it anymore. It was easy to pull off and you could tear it easily if you wanted to be less surgical in the opening process. It was pretty strong too.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
I just got a book I bought from ebay where the seller shipped the book in heavy flat paper envelope with the comic sandwiched by to cardboard pieces. Needless to say the comic is bend in 3 spots now!

I am SOO SICK AND TIRED of LAZY sellers! Ship your damn books in a BOX with padding around the comic!

This just happened to me 2 days ago. eBay seller mailed 3 comics in a mailer envelope sandwiched between 2 pieces of cardboard...not enough protection & comics were dented on corners!! The seller has 100% positive feedback and comments like "great packaging"!??

Dude that sucks!!! I would suggest letting the seller know what happened.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:

Dude that sucks!!! I would suggest letting the seller know what happened.

Here's a book I just got. Bent in half pretty bad. Comic is bent, too. But fortunately, just a soft bend. A press - or even 10 days under a heavy book - will fix it, I think.

AH, there's the real problem ... "media mail." Sheesh. Even USPS people will tell you media mail's the worst.

Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid ah, Captain Marvel #8... let's hope that bend will come out. I hope it didn't break the color on the spine.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@Tedsaid ah, Captain Marvel #8... let's hope that bend will come out. I hope it didn't break the color on the spine.

It did not, thankfully. It's definitely bent, but it looks worse in that picture than it really is. It's a shallow, not sharp, bend. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to ask the seller to chip in on the pressing, but I'm leaning towards it.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid yeah. That's great news then. Like you suggested, a heavy book (add workout weights on top) might be enough to remove it.
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a new one for me.
I do a best offer on a book. The guy accepts it and then immediately cancels it. His reasoning is so that he can contact me via email.

Apparently I live in a state that charges state sales tax and to avoid it, he wants to bill me directly. He is from Canada.

I told him I'd pass.

What I dont get is, I offer 600$ for a book. He wants 620$. Couldnt he have just said no. I want 620 on counter offer?
Also dont you have access to my contact info the minute I make an offer?
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Bronte yeah. That sounds fishy.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Here is a new one for me.
I do a best offer on a book. The guy accepts it and then immediately cancels it. His reasoning is so that he can contact me via email.

Apparently I live in a state that charges state sales tax and to avoid it, he wants to bill me directly. He is from Canada.

I told him I'd pass.

What I dont get is, I offer 600$ for a book. He wants 620$. Couldnt he have just said no. I want 620 on counter offer?
Also dont you have access to my contact info the minute I make an offer?

Sounds like he was also looking to avoid e-bay fees.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Super sketchy. I don't think ebay would take kindly to what appears to be moving a sale off their platform. Wonder if he is trying to avoid fees on the sale.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600892 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?