Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

ERGGGGG I HATE Ebay sellers sometimes9486

Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a book I bought from ebay where the seller shipped the book in heavy flat paper envelope with the comic sandwiched by to cardboard pieces. Needless to say the comic is bend in 3 spots now!

I am SOO SICK AND TIRED of LAZY sellers! Ship your damn books in a BOX with padding around the comic!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmellos
I just got a book I bought from ebay where the seller shipped the book in heavy flat paper envelope with the comic sandwiched by to cardboard pieces. Needless to say the comic is bend in 3 spots now!

I am SOO SICK AND TIRED of LAZY sellers! Ship your damn books in a BOX with padding around the comic!

I am going to consider your ebay seller a saint, I got a comic a couple of months ago that was in a fedex thick paper stock envelope and nothing else. It came bent but not so bad that i couldn't fix it, luckucly it wasnt bent throgh the spine. I forgot to mention, i left neutral feedback since it didn't affect the book but I wrote to ship books more securely insted on a car stock envelope. He replied in a message "sorry bro, but check out my other items for sale", I didn't.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
When I get bad or exceptionally good packaging, I note that in the feedback. I also read the feedback if it is someone I haven't bought from previously... It is my firm belief that they package it poorly to blame existing damage on the shipping...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Ambush_Bug private msg quote post Address this user
LUXURY!!

Why I had a comic sent that had been shredded, smeared in duck lard, and there were 5 rats in the box with it!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
LUXURY!!

Why I had a comic sent that had been shredded, smeared in duck lard, and there were 5 rats in the box with it!!

Lucky...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

I am going to consider your ebay seller a saint, I got a comic a couple of months ago that was in a fedex thick paper stock envelope and nothing else. It came bent but not so bad that i couldn't fix it, luckucly it wasnt bent throgh the spine. I forgot to mention, i left neutral feedback since it didn't affect the book but I wrote to ship books more securely insted on a car stock envelope. He replied in a message "sorry bro, but check out my other items for sale", I didn't.

Sent the seller a message. This happened before but the book was graded so only the case was damaged. I got a partial refund back. I'm waiting to see what the seller says. Lately it seems like it was amateur hour on ebay.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalphoto
When I get bad or exceptionally good packaging, I note that in the feedback. I also read the feedback if it is someone I haven't bought from previously... It is my firm belief that they package it poorly to blame existing damage on the shipping...

I am going to do that from now on. I am getting tired of lazy/cheap sellers who dont care enough to ship their books properly
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush_Bug
LUXURY!!

lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Some prerequisites when buying comics off eBay and you don’t want to end up damaged:

1) check a sellers current listings and past sales; do they seem to be in the business of selling comics? If not, they probably don’t know how to ship them (lack of experience)

2) check a sellers feedback; do they have recent feedback where the buyer raves about their shipping methods and how well He/she packages them? If not, beware. Look at the negative feedback for signs pointing to a lack of understanding or accountability.

3) if no conclusions can be drawn from (1) or (2), then ask them. Many times I’ve avoided completing a sale based on the answers I got to simple shipping inquiries.

I’ve found following these simple guidelines have made a huge difference in limiting the risk of receiving books damaged in the mail. And I’ve noticed when I did receive damaged books the warning signs were there or preventable within a few questions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
That's a bummer. I've been mostly lucky. I'd say I've received about 6 poorly packed comics off ebay. Only 1 arrived damaged and they sent replacements.

Twice I bought from a flea market type seller. Could tell they were going to ship poorly, so I sent them a note on how to properly pack comics. They obliged
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Some prerequisites when buying comics off eBay and you don’t want to end up damaged:

1) check a sellers current listings and past sales; do they seem to be in the business of selling comics? If not, they probably don’t know how to ship them (lack of experience)

2) check a sellers feedback; do they have recent feedback where the buyer raves about their shipping methods and how well He/she packages them? If not, beware. Look at the negative feedback for signs pointing to a lack of understanding or accountability.

3) if no conclusions can be drawn from (1) or (2), then ask them. Many times I’ve avoided completing a sale based on the answers I got to simple shipping inquiries.

I’ve found following these simple guidelines have made a huge difference in limiting the risk of receiving books damaged in the mail. And I’ve noticed when I did receive damaged books the warning signs were there or preventable within a few questions.

I will admit I have been negligent on that part. but still anyone who sells comics for move than cover price should know that it is a valuable item then is fragile. Postal service could care less!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjarobert
That's a bummer. I've been mostly lucky. I'd say I've received about 6 poorly packed comics off ebay. Only 1 arrived damaged and they sent replacements.

Twice I bought from a flea market type seller. Could tell they were going to ship poorly, so I sent them a note on how to properly pack comics. They obliged

Im kinda pissed cause I really wanted that book. Now I may have to return it or have it pressed and graded while hoping the pressing worked in removing the bents.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I have had more than a few books (not cheap) sent without bags or boards, they get the 9th circle of hell
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

At least it was put between cardboard. I had a comic with no bag and board ship in a USPS mailer which was then folded in half.

Like @Drogio mentioned above, I now look at the seller's feedback before bidding/purchasing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

At least it was put between cardboard. I had a comic with no bag and board ship in a USPS mailer which was then folded in half.

Like @Drogio mentioned above, I now look at the seller's feedback before bidding/purchasing.

That happened to me too once! Buy the Comic Gods protected the book which some how came into my hands unscathed. I gave the seller a ear full.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of bad sellers tend to take returns or pay off buyers to avoid negative feedback.

If you are concerned about packing read through recent seller feedback received for things like;

Well packed
Bomb proof packing
Adjectives like great, awesome, or perfect

Some buyers don't even bother to give feedback at all. If a seller has customers who post glowing reviews it is not because the seller half assed the transaction.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Although I don't have an eBay account, people used to let me buy stuff through theirs. No feedback usually meant I was displeased, but not enough to run someone's reputation through the mud. I only buy through eBay if I just want to own the book. I don't expect anything to meet the grade specified. There are too many inept sellers to expect something to arrive nice and packaged well.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I recently got this feedback from a buyer. I packed the books as I usually do, and just considered it standard packaging for comics. Buyers typically just say something like “well packed”, but this guy went a bit further.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I think some sellers have the wrong philosophy. They believe once a book is sold it's not theirs anymore. Wrong attitude.
Years ago while I was living in Australia I had a cgc board member get in touch with me as he was interested in my River City copy of Battlefield 8. Anyway traded it for two TTA monster books I didn't have. I received my TTAs and sent him the river City copy.
Though we traded as far as I was concerned that book was mine till it lands in the new owners hands. So there was no way I was going to damage my high grade 50s book. So book that was raw was inside a mylar and backing board. Sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard. Wrapped in Buble rap and sent in a cardboard box suitable for the size.
As I said. That book is mine and I'll treat it as mine till it reaches the collector then it's not mine.
Lot of sellers don't run with that ideology unfortunately.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a few bad packing jobs. Bought a ff1, sent no backing, no cardboard, just in a vanilla envelope. Luckily no damage. Funny one was sent a comic in a box that was 2/3's it's size. Literally put the comic in and pushed it in. There was multiple creases in every direction. The value was in the signatures, stan lee, Jack Kirby and joe Simon. The book was only worth a few bucks. Had it pressed, slabbed and sold it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I typically only buy graded books, but made an exception recently. Why on earth do people plaster comics with clear packing tape like it's going out of style. I spent more time trying to remove book without damaging it than I did debating to buy it. I mean I must have pissed in his cheerios to hate me this much.

When I send books for grading, I use blue or green painters tape. The stuff peels off easily and does a good job in holding cardboard and stuff in place. It costs about 4 bux a roll do why the hell not?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Peanutt private msg quote post Address this user
I would have to ask what type of shipping did you select? In my experience, buyers sometimes want the cheapest shipping as possible. If I'm selling on eBay, I usually have a few options, one being the cheap route the other being first class priority insured. If you select the cheapest shipping, there is only so much that I can do without losing money.
If you're buying a $1 or less comic, you're not going to get one of my heavy cardboard comic mailers.
If a buyer were to request a particular way of shipping and was willing to pay for the shipping, I would happily oblige.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutt
I would have to ask what type of shipping did you select? In my experience, buyers sometimes want the cheapest shipping as possible. If I'm selling on eBay, I usually have a few options, one being the cheap route the other being first class priority insured. If you select the cheapest shipping, there is only so much that I can do without losing money.
If you're buying a $1 or less comic, you're not going to get one of my heavy cardboard comic mailers.
If a buyer were to request a particular way of shipping and was willing to pay for the shipping, I would happily oblige.

I was the War of Realms #6 1:200 variant so it was a fairly pricy book
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Peanutt private msg quote post Address this user
That should have been well packed! I don't blame you for being angry, that's just laziness.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Anymore, I only offer Priority. Possibly First Class if it’s raw.

I don’t find it worth selling books under $50. $100+, if possible. Buyers don’t mind paying a little more to ship a book if they know they’ll get it well packed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
You can ship a raw book, in a top loader, in a low profile box, properly wrapped in bubble wrap and still only pay first class.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I recently got this feedback from a buyer. I packed the books as I usually do, and just considered it standard packaging for comics. Buyers typically just say something like “well packed”, but this guy went a bit further.

As a buyer you should be looking at sellers who get that kind of feedback.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I never use bubble wrap or bubble lined mailers with raw books. Bubble Wrap allows for flexibility which is a major NO NO with comic books. Solid Brick Packaging with heavy rigid cardboard and absolutely NO movement of the book inside, which includes using the correct sized bag and backing boards.

I also agree about "tape plastering" While I do use an ample amount of tape, I always fold the edges and create strategic pull tabs for easy removal.

Even the standard comic mailer boxes are susceptible to bending if interior cardboard is not used with it.

I bombproof everything and have never had an issue. Its nice to have happy buyers who appreciate the effort of great packaging. I take great pride in my packaging and Im proud of the feedbacks I have received over the years.

Some of my recent Feedbacks:

Great🚐💨 time! Amazing package, outstanding! Thank you so much My bizz is yours Buyer:
Spawn (1992 Todd McFarlane) #1 - #113 42 Book lot Nice clean Issues 9.2 -9.4

Quite possibly the greatest packing job of any comics transaction ever! Buyer:
Jonah Hex DC (1977 1st Series) 14 Issue Lot VFN (#183800563988)

Shipped same day I bought! Packaging was incredible, even a surprise! 10/10 Buyer:
Amazing Spiderman #325 (1989) Todd McFarlane / Red Skull 9.2 - 9.4
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I always double box raw comics.

How to properly ship raw comic books in the USPS mail system.
Post 29 IP   flag post
f
Post 30 IP   flag post
601308 57 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?