Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

For Sale: Showcase #8 CGC 1.59347

Collector rickdod3 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I know this isnt a CBCS book...but im trying every avenue I can in order to sell a book of mine. I have a wedding coming up in October and need to pay off a few things.

The book is a older case CGC 1.5 restored. Color touch on the cover. I've talked to a few restoration experts and ive been told that it can more than likely be removed, but it may (or may not) drop the book to a 1.0 blue label. Which was my plans with it eventually.

I'm asking $749.99 on eBay. Bit of a high price, but its eBay.

If someone is interested I'd be willing to go to $600 + shipping on it.

Shoot me a message if interested, thanks everyone!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Boooo CGC šŸ‘Ž! LOL šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m JK! I wish I could buy itšŸ¤—. Nice book though šŸ‘
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
is that dirt on the back cover or mold ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Lisa looks like mold, it's on the front cover also by the hand in the white area
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Lisa I'm fairly certain it is just dirt. It also looks like it had been sitting on a painted surface of some sort, there is a bunch of tiny grey specs on the back. Not sure if that could be cleaned or not.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
I bet CBCS can clean that mold šŸ¤—šŸ‘šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Why not try resubmitting it to CBCS and get an updated label and all that Jazz šŸ¤”šŸ˜Ž
Post 6 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Virgincollector if mold is removed it would be labeled conservation
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
I bet CBCS can clean that mold šŸ¤—šŸ‘šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø Why not try resubmitting it to CBCS and get an updated label and all that Jazz šŸ¤”šŸ˜Ž

I would love to have it cleaned and resubmitted to cbcs, however, im about $3,000 left to pay off my wedding lol so some of my goodies have to go!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Probably going to be tough with it being a purple label, and priced above GPA despite it being a lower grade book. Most people wont pay premiums over GPA unless its a bit higher grade or doesn't have as many issues happening IMO
Post 9 IP   flag post
600853 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?