Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Selling comics for first time on forum.9343

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I am going to make a feeble attempt at selling comics here for the first time. I am selling from my personal collection, I accept paypal only, shipping for raw books will be 6 dollars for the first 3 books and 1 dollar per additional books. shipping per slab will be 10 dollars. I have never sold anything outside of ebay so please bear with me as I struggle with the payment process. first to respond/pay gets it. Returns not accepted(we can talk if you have an issue). Please, Please don't be critical of my grading, I did the best I could. Make me an offer if you feel the price is too high.

first up will be the wolverine mini-series that I bought as a youth with the intent of re-selling some day. these books have never been taken out of their bags since they were placed there by the comic book store employee way back when. I was very nervous about handling them to take these pictures.

Wolverine 1 is in VF+ condition with off-white pages $80 dollars OBO.

Woverine 2 VF+ condition with off-white pages $50 dollars OBO

Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Woverine 3 VF+ condition with off-white pages $50 dollars OBO

Post 2 IP   flag post
Woverine 4 VF+ condition with off-white pages $50 dollars OBO

Post 3 IP   flag post
Shanna the She-Devil #5 CBCS 9.0 1973 $75 dollars OBO.

Post 4 IP   flag post
I have an extra Wolverine #2 VF+ for 50 dollars OBO

Post 5 IP   flag post
Marvel Premier 28 Featuring: "The Legion of Monsters". Off-white pages, no cutouts 4.5-5.0, 35 dollars OBO.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Spider-man 102 2nd Morbius The Lving Vampire 3.5-4.0 30 dollars OBO.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I love how Morbius is mis-spelled on the cover of 102. Classic!! Nice books!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginosdad
I love how Morbius is mis-spelled on the cover of 102. Classic!! Nice books!!

I knew that once, I’d forgotten about it. ThAnks for looking.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I also have a Thor 172 CGC with a qualified grade of 9.0 on Ebay, click on the link below

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163751178330

I also have other items for sale so please check out See other items
below my seller name sportshort

Also, feel free to Make an offer, I will sell here for a better price than on Ebay.

If the link on top does not work for you, click on the link below.

clickable text
Post 10 IP   flag post
I also have a Star Wars CLONE WARS Saga Legends Walmart Exclusive 8 Multi Figure Pack 2012 with everything inside brand new, only the Yoda case has been cracked open but everything appears to be there. Card is beat up because the card was a display at a retail store. shipping will be 20 dollars on this very large item.

this is $90.00 OBO.

Post 11 IP   flag post
MAKE ME AN OFFER, NOT KIDDING!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Remember none of the Wolverine comics have ever been read or out of their bags except to take these pictures.
Post 13 IP   flag post
will sell 4 wolverine issues as a set for $180.00 if anyone is interested.that's 50 dollars off.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Hey, i'm not hurt. I figured most people already have what I am offering, just figured I'd give it a try. Thanks for the few that responded or acknowledged this thread. live long and...aw forget it.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t give up man lol they will sale. I have a Wolverine 1 I was thinking of putting up but you have first dibs
Post 16 IP   flag post
your's is probably graded. I would grade mine but i don't think the money would pan out even though i bought them for cover price.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Don’t give up man lol they will sale. I have a Wolverine 1 I was thinking of putting up but you have first dibs

Go ahead and post yours, since i am getting no play. I know you give really good deals so yours would probably be more of a bargain than mine but again, mine have never been read so I figured that was something. Anyway, go for it and good luck.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing personal, but I would drop the "Never been read" or "Never taken out of the Bags" angles.

I just don't think any experienced collector buys into that. I think buyers shy away from books using these phrases as they really have nothing to with the grade of the book.

If its a nice looking VF+ book just state so in an accurate description. I think any possible interested parties would be more confident.

Nice looking books.. They will find a new home eventually...... Good Luck

Regards
John
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Nothing personal, but I would drop the "Never been read" or "Never taken out of the Bags" angles.

I just don't think any experienced collector buys into that. I think buyers shy away from books using these phrases as they really have nothing to with the grade of the book.

If its a nice looking VF+ book just state so in an accurate description. I think any possible interested parties would be more confident.

Nice looking books.. They will find a new home eventually...... Good Luck

Regards
John

You have a very interesting take on this, it isn't a ploy, I bought these with the intent of getting top dollar when I would eventually sell them (hence the double of Woverine 2). at that time I bought a lot of doubles but one long box of them was destroid when my AC water line broke and the water poured onto the the box. luckily it was just one box but anyway. I never thought about the possiblity that someone would think it's a ploy. I am going to take your advice and re-list on ebay without that statement and see what happens.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - I agree with John on the wording. It's better to say something like original owner collection, most never read or only read once, bagged, and properly stored since. Otherwise it sounds like a line, like the used car salesmen who used to say "Previously owned by a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays." Personally I almost never trust the description, and try my best to determine condition by pictures and/or scans.
Good luck, they are desirable books, so they should eventually sell.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@sportshort - I agree with John on the wording. It's better to say something like original owner collection, most never read or only read once, bagged, and properly stored since. Otherwise it sounds like a line, like the used car salesmen who used to say "Previously owned by a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays." Personally I almost never trust the description, and try my best to determine condition by pictures and/or scans.

as I mentioned,it never struck me to look at it from that angle. I really appreciate this because I am extememly new to selling and need these types of tips. I guess if i read it I would be thinking the same as you folks. thank you both very much.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

as I mentioned,it never struck me to look at it from that angle. I really appreciate this because I am extememly new to selling and need these types of tips. I guess if i read it I would be thinking the same as you folks. thank you both very much.

Im glad you did not take my comments personal. Many times I avoid posting what I feel is well intended constructive criticism because more times than not people take it the wrong way and become combative.

Regards
john
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Im glad you did not take my comments personal. Many times I avoid posting what I feel is well intended constructive criticism because

Nope, it gave me a perspective very different from my own and i always assume if there are two possible ways to take something, i always assume the person sharing their opinion means it in the best possible way. thanks again!

P.S. check out the post i just started, I'ts funny in a sad way but funny.
Post 24 IP   flag post
601271 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?