Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

WEEKLY COVER CONTEST WEEK 147 -Set Sail: Boats and Ships9330

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos you are right. The rules are set in place right now and, as such, should apply to this week's contest as they are written.

If we need to make edits/changes to the rules, let's come to that agreement and amend the rule set before a contest for next week starts.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
My 2 cents... This is a fun contest "FUN" lets not complicate this ie….. KISS... I'm in favor of the rule if its in a CBCS holder and it ties it wins.. if there's a double tie then first one in wins.. as for the others first one in wins is the least complicated.. the tie breaker is ok but people work & sleep if on a shift work time frame this might hinder them.. This is a fun thing to bring new covers into light for some. I personally enjoy the older golden entries, especially the obscure ones.. lets not over complicate a simple fun thing.. There's no prize for winning.. no real status.. just fun..
Post 77 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I like both ways, but will have to vote for the KISS method Gotlift advocated. -t
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kind of glad this happened because I had no idea that rule changed
The only problem I could see is everyone getting their entries in right away trying to be first and then hardly any new posts. I like seeing them added throughout the week. Either way is fine with me though
Post 79 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
I'm kind of glad this happened because I had no idea that rule changed
The only problem I could see is everyone getting their entries in right away trying to be first and then hardly any new posts. I like seeing them added throughout the week. Either way is fine with me though

It is always a good idea to be early as busier people may not get to page three before casting votes if they are in a rush.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
On a side note, I don't think it's a good idea to clutter up the contest with, "I thought about entering one of these other cool covers". By posting other covers, you may be showing a cool cover someone else could have used that hasn't entered yet. If you want to show off more covers, why not start a new thread? Just a thought.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
On a side note, I don't think it's a good idea to clutter up the contest with, "I thought about entering one of these other cool covers". By posting other covers, you may be showing a cool cover someone else could have used that hasn't entered yet. If you want to show off more covers, why not start a new thread? Just a thought.

That's why I wait until the contest is over to share pictures. I think most people do. We usually end up with a little over one page to two pages of entries before voting begins. And that's even with some crosstalk. But it is a good thing to remember that before posting a picture on a contest thread!!!
Post 82 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster and @Jesse_O - When we got rid of the tiebreaker, I thought we encouraged people to post more covers after the contest ended.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I don't think I got that memo
Post 84 IP   flag post
@esaravo Not that I recall. But it's a nonissue with me. If it's after Wednesday noon and voting has been called for, post away!!!!
Post 85 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Members who have posted above state we should play this by the current rules, I just don't feel that the current rules are fair in the event of a tie. And I certainly didn't mean to complicate matters. lol

I sent @GAC a PM earlier this morning but he may be busy at work, or even asleep... who knows!

I'm going to get the new contest started here shortly, and I assume we're all good on that. And the new contest will consist of the current tie rules in the meantime - obviously.
Post 86 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster and @Jesse_O - I suggested it along with the "whoever posts first" second tiebreaker idea (CBCS slab still is first tiebreaker) during week 132. Here's the link:

clickable text
Post 87 IP   flag post
@esaravo Good research!! Yep, you did suggest it!!! Personally, I like the idea!! There are many weeks where I'm left trying to decide which cover to post. I like posting the ones that weren't used after the contest is done, if I remember!!

Also, I'll start another thread about the tiebreaker. I'd invite EVERYONE to speak their piece!!
Post 88 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Many great covers everybody, this was a fun contest. But guys, I personally feel that @GAC and I should have a quick tiebreaker. I know what the rule states but this contest is about the most votes, and not about timing,.. and what we have here is a tie. It may have been more convenient for me to submit my entry than it was for @GAC - fair is fair. So if @GAC is up for it, and you folks approve, I truly feel we should have a quick tiebreaker. If you guys think I'm being overly dramatic then tell me and I'll have a new contest up and running early today. lol

What say ye all

@Pre_Coder Thank you kindly for the consideration!! All is good and great new contest theme!! I'll add my Starlin cover soon. Thanks again!!
Post 89 IP   flag post
601347 89 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?