Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Looks like cbcs missed one..9298

Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure this makes a difference...

There's no date on that response by CBCS, but if I'm remembering correctly, the same "Send it back with your next submission" message was given to at least 2 other people a few months ago when they had an issue with their books.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendra_H
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Kendra_H Thanks for the response! I’ve been using CBCS since they started and even I was taken aback by the “submit with your next order” customer service response.

I think the wording on that response can be reworked a little so that it’s immediately clear that the customer can still return the erroneous book(s) on its own and not just with another order.

we may need to, as this was just a option, and not a requirement.

If CBCS makes a mistake we will always fix it for our customers.

Apologies for any confusion from the wording and thanks!

I find it odd this is even in question.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
So, last night the guy connects with someone from CBCS and it all gets worked out. This was through a FB group. Great!!! After I thought it was all said and done, he posted this.

This surprised me because he has stated that he has submitted over 100 comics to CGC and has gotten nothing less than a 9.4. Plus, he says he has multiples of the comic in question. I guess that I figured he was a dealer. But it appears that even for CBCS, he sends books in through someone else. IMO, this just adds another layer where something could have gone wrong and neither the op nor CBCS would know. I'm not saying anything did, but it raises the possibility.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I think the whole situation is ridiculous because it seems like people now go to social media to vent about a problem before letting the person/business who caused the mistake time to address or solve the problem. There is no business in the world that has not made errors. Human error is going to happen -- and CGC is not immune, either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not justifying an error -- any errors should be fixed -- but it's not like CBCS has said that it wouldn't fix the error. And as frustrating as an error is for us collectors, it's not like this error caused an injury or somehow affected this guy's life beyond the inconvenience of having to send the book back to have the error corrected.

You folks can probably guess what I do for a living based on my username, and in the grand scheme of things, as much as this guy doesn't want to hear it -- it's not the end of the world. If CBCS made a mistake -- they can fix it, and it appears that they've offered to do so.

I suppose people can argue about how CBCS responded to the guy, but the fact remains that this guy decided to rant about what happened before giving CBCS a full opportunity to resolve the matter. They haven't even had a chance to get the book back in order to figure what happened and how to fix it, and here he is blowing up on the internet.

But hey, if he wants to take the "scorched earth" approach and have a meltdown online, he's free to do so. I'm sure he'll never use CBCS again, but I wonder what he'll do when CGC makes a mistake on one of his books. I guess there's always PGX for him....
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
I agree complaining to the world on social media on trivial mistakes is silly ..

But honestly, this error is pretty darn funny and worthy of a share ...
Post 105 IP   flag post

Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
3 months ago...

Today, I got an email instructing me to send the 4 books back with my next submission of 5-10 books.
Post 106 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
OK.... Im Lost with all of the yakking.

What was the verdict on the book?

Lazy Grading(book in bag)?

Grading Scans?

Using Grader notes to pass book to next grader?

Miss labeled?

What?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944

No verdict yet. The guy just made arrangements to get it back to CBCS on Sunday night. And the way it sounds, that is going to be through the dealer that originally submitted the comic to CBCS in the first place. So, who knows if the book is even with them yet.
Post 108 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jesse-O

Until then, I'll just ignore all the "social Media" propaganda chatter and hear-say
Post 109 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully CBCS gives an honest verdict.

Sending the book back to CBCS for investigation is like having the police called in to investigate the police.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Cap. Good one lol
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@CaptainCanuck using your analogy, there are internal affairs divisions. Just saying.
Post 112 IP   flag post
@Frontier2Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
@CaptainCanuck using your analogy, there are internal affairs divisions. Just saying.

Ya, those units never show any bias at all 😉
Post 113 IP   flag post
Any updates on this?
Post 114 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
This surprised me because he has stated that he has submitted over 100 comics to CGC and has gotten nothing less than a 9.4.

Sounds like he needs to stop mishandling his books.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Would love an update but it probably won't happen
Post 116 IP   flag post
601215 116 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?