Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics ForeignComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Cheap table display idea921

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking for a cheap way to display comics on a shelf. I didn't like the idea of those cheap plastic display stands the just fold open, they look cheesy. I didn't want to spend the money ob a table stand toploader plus they don't make that for golden Age comics. So I came up with this idea. I found these cardboard stick on easel backs!! I bought a pack of 25 9" ones off of eBay for $12.95 with the shipping. They are made by Lineco and are excellent for propping up a comic in a board and bag!!! I'm getting some toploaders and will see how they work for them. It MIGHT take 2, but I'm thinking one will work just fine at this point. Anyway, just wanted to pass this idea along as I've not seen it yet.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
That's a cool, cost-effective idea! Are they sturdy (if you bump it does it remain standing or will it topple over)?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
BCW makes plastics ones with peel and stick tape that can be attached to any size top loader. They are on their website.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Usually if I do a show, which has been a very long time. I only display the high value books and have the laid out on a portion of the table. However, with theft being a potential problem now I would just have colour scans and slap those on the table and hide away the books.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
great price but those look less sturdy than plastic to me. What keeps comic from falling/sliding out when table is bumped? There doesn't seem to be a bottom lip.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Kanaloa They have an adhesive strip that sticks to the bag itself
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Kanaloa private msg quote post Address this user
is it one time use then?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Kanaloa Well, one time in that if the attached bag gets somehow wrecked, yeah, but you can still swap books in and out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Amazingly, these seem quite sturdy. I just got them today, but I plan on building a shelf display next week and I'll bump the shelves a few times and see how they hold up, but I don't foresee a problem with them. And like dielinfinite says, I can switch out the book in the sleeve. I'm really curious if they will work with a toploader or not. I'm thinking two on a toploader, just in case.
Post 9 IP   flag post
And I'm sure they would be cheaper if you have a good office supply store or hobby store that stocks them. It broke down to $6.95 for 25 stands and $6.00 shipping.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Designer_Toast private msg quote post Address this user
When Borders went under I bought a bunch of their metal display racks and have never regretted it. I built a couple of wall display prior to that, and wish I had just bought the racks to begin with. That standee is cool.
Post 11 IP   flag post
596795 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?