Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Help with grading X-Men 101 & Marvel Super~Heroes 139190

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I would appreciate any help i can get with grading these. X-Men 101 is exactly what you see, I bought it for cover price when I was in Junior High at the local drug store. Back then there was no such thing as bag & board, just a drawer to stuff the book into. Marvel Super-Heroes 13 I bought because i am a fan of this version of Captain Marvel and I got it at half off, so it was 7 dollars instead of 14 about 3 years ago at a Con. I put the comics cost me because i always want to know what type of deal others got. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
As is (going from photos) I'd day 7.0/7.5 and 4.0/4.5
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
So far, So good. I am surprised about the x-men since i didn't really take care of my books that well but even when i was young i considered myself a collector.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort Def press them if you are considering getting them graded
Post 4 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
7.0 and a 4.0
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Do you think it would make a dramatic difference in both books? or in one more so than the other? I don't think i would mind doing that except for the fact that it could take 6 month or more (if i am to believe what others experience). There doesn't seem to be any effort made by CBCS to try and make that portion a priority. do you, or anyone, know where i can send them to be pressed and cleaned, for a reasonable fee, and get them returned quickly?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Do you think it would make a dramatic difference in both books? or in one more so than the other? I don't think i would mind doing that except for the fact that it could take 6 month or more (if i am to believe what others experience). There doesn't seem to be any effort made by CBCS to try and make that portion a priority. do you, or anyone, know where i can send them to be pressed and cleaned, for a reasonable fee, and get them returned quickly?

Would not say dramatically improve but the corner of the 101 should get fixed and with press and clean the presentation of the captain marvel would improve.

There are lots of pressers other than CBCS. Personally I predominantly use CFP, but there are lots of good pressers out there. I am sure other forum members have their own preferred pressers
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I would say you aren't asking the right question @ pressing vs...cleaning....these books have filthy back covers, which means lots of dust shadows, oils and hidden dirt on the front as well. While a press would help with some of the bends and corners, you would be miles ahead pressing and cleaning just to get them cleaned
While some of what is showing on those white back covers will not come out, a lot of it should...and would go far in improving the appearances of both books...just my 3 and a half cents
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I would say you aren't asking the right question @ pressing vs...cleaning....these books have filthy back covers, which means lots of dust shadows, oils and hidden dirt on the front as well. While a press would help with some of the bends and corners, you would be miles ahead pressing and cleaning just to get them cleaned
While some of what is showing on those white back covers will not come out, a lot of it should...and would go far in improving the appearances of both books...just my 3 and a half cents

Agree but if your presser does not offer press and clean as one service - find another
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Agree but if your presser does not offer press and clean as one service - find another

Interesting I thought with all pressing this would automatically included a clean as well

Shows you how much I know
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

does CFP do press and clean? do you know what they charge??
Post 11 IP   flag post
@sportshort this is their website. I believe there are a few people in this forum who also offer press / cleaning services

https://cfpcomics.com/services/

Depends which service you use but regular press includes dry cleaning. Note TAT is approx 2 months

Post 12 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking 6.0 for X-Men #101.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort this is their website. I believe there are a few people in this forum who also offer press / cleaning services

https://cfpcomics.com/services/

Depends which service you use but regular press includes dry cleaning. Note TAT is approx 2 months

Will check it out
Post 14 IP   flag post
601341 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?