Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Store in Idaho has comics and coffee!9188

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
What a great combo!
clickable text

MERIDIAN — Tom Case has always wanted to open a comic book store with a coffee shop.

“Comics and coffee are my two favorite things,” he said.

After 33 years at Micron Technology, Inc., Case decided it was time to make his dream a reality. He plans to open The Collector's Outpost this summer at 2951 E. Overland Road, Suite 170, just west of Eagle Road, over the July Fourth weekend.

The store will have a full comic book selection, collectibles and toys and source its coffee from local roaster Dawson Taylor. The 2,200-square-foot space will have indoor and outdoor seating with plenty of power outlets.

Case said the store will have a wide array of collectibles and a photo area with a cutout of R2-D2 and Yoda from the “Star Wars” franchise, and lightsabers for people to pose with. It will also have a photo area from “Spider-Man: Homecoming.”

Case plans to install a KAT Walk in the store. The virtual reality machine has an omni-directional treadmill that lets users move around while using it.

Over time, Case would like to start donating 2% of the store's sales to local charitable organizations. He would also like to raise scholarship money for students pursuing the arts and display the work of young comic artists in his shop.

Patty Bowen is the Meridian Press reporter. You can reach her at pbowen@idahopress.com or follow her on Twitter @pattybowenMP.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Neato!!! I want one!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
There was a bar or restaurant that had a comic shop in one section in Avondale GA. I'm not sure if it's still there. I wasn't impressed with the selection. I only visited it once.

"Sir, do you have a copy without a coffee stain on it? I was wanting a higher grade copy."
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
There fixed.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
603452 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?