Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Copper AgeComics MagazinesPop Culture

Just wow.9113

Collector donho private msg quote post Address this user
Received my books today and generally happy with them BUT,,, my Rampaging Hulk 4 raw grade was well, I will let you decide. and for comparison my heavy metal from last year also. customer service was not too helpful and said well we did what we said we would, and so what is the problem? umm no. as you can see the heavy metal I am happy with, good job. hulk is still in the bag and board I handed to the guys at cbcs at planet comicon. and no blue label or acknowledgement of jim starlin's signature ASP witnessed. Unlike the label on heavy metal which has the grade and the witnessed Dave Dorman sig (First Heavy Metal Cover for him) right on the blue label. and all it says is raw grade and a generic label for the title of the book, so this is my rant, and maybe this will be seen by the right people and they will help me faster. thank you

Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you have a minimum grade for grading screening specified? I forget exactly what the online firm calls it, but there is an option that allows the person submitting to define a grade below which CBCS will not grade the book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Oh no. Didn't do that. Just did to get raw grade and discounts later on when cbcs rolls out the magazine slab. Did for the Jim Starlin signature.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
So where is the grade sticker and tamper evident stickers??🤔🤔 it looks almost like it skipped the actual grading step and was mailed with the stickers they probably put on it when it’s in line for grading?🤔🤔 I e never seen that kinda garbage from CBCS before
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What does your dashboard say about the grade?
Post 5 IP   flag post
They witness signatures for raws? Didn’t know that.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Homer private msg quote post Address this user
What did they charge you for on your dashboard invoice.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
19-1677188-038

Rampaging Hulk #4
Marvel 1975
Variant:
Pedigree:

Post 8 IP   flag post
Just the raw price. But invoice that they filled out clearly states ASP witnessed signature.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I don’t think they raw grade for yellow label 🤔
Post 10 IP   flag post
Oh yes they do witness for raw. So I did that. Would have for the marvel spotlight with first appearance of star lord too except that needed pressed now instead of later. So I did the cgc facilitator, they left finger handling all over my magazines when I turned them in, and that showed on my grades from cgc. Does that press and clean out too? Thanks in advance if you can help answer that for me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Screen press will remove finger prints! But it’s up to CBCS discretion on whether or not cleaning will raise the grade🤔. If they think it will they clean it, if they think that cleaning won’t help them they don’t! At least that’s what I’m aware of
Post 12 IP   flag post
And very irritated with cgc facilitators. Wouldn't have done it if mag slabs were available from cbcs.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I have never actually used CGC for anything 🤷‍♂️.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not fingerprints just press points from handling the mags before putting them in bags for shipping. He insisted (cgc facilitator)that it was to be done by them only. Chain of custody something or other.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I will admit that CBCS needs to slow down a bit on the turn around time because I had a phew books come back with extremely noticeable unfair grades. One had at least 4 spine ticks and they gave it a 9.6 but then I had one that had no damage what so ever never taken out of bag and board except when I looked at it before submitting and they gave it a 9.2🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔! So I think they are rushing through and the grading process and it is starting to show!! Turn around time is great but it seems like we sacrificed quality just to get books back faster 😢😢😢
Post 16 IP   flag post
Everything in graders notes for those 2 I speak of don’t even match the damage they claim there is🤔🤔🤔 slow it down CBCS or fire and hire real collectors
Post 17 IP   flag post
So seems like they might have rushed through yours maybe
Post 18 IP   flag post
Is there an option for a relook at a grade? A few just seems to low for the seeming condition. Presents great and looks much better than the grade I got but too low unless I missed a missing page or something.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Yes you can resubmit for whatever you already paid all over again😢😢
Post 20 IP   flag post
Repay again then?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Always take pics of everything at every angle you can and as clear as you can! I have heard horror stories of pristine books coming back with flaws because they were mishandled in the grading process! And I’m pretty sure that’s what happen to a couple of my books that I know had no creases or color breaks when submitting!Quote:
Originally Posted by donho
Repay again then?
yes
Post 22 IP   flag post
Be careful when resubmitting already graded items they could come back lower for many reasons
Post 23 IP   flag post
I am I’m no way saying to not use CBCS!! I prefer them over anyone for many reasons but at the same time every company messes up! Just the name of the game
Post 24 IP   flag post
love them too and much prefer. but at least they own up to any mistakes, at least so far, and I have had no problems getting them fixed so kudos.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Good question - can an individual contest a grade and if so, how does one do that?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
I will admit that CBCS needs to slow down a bit on the turn around time because I had a phew books come back with extremely noticeable unfair grades. One had at least 4 spine ticks and they gave it a 9.6 but then I had one that had no damage what so ever never taken out of bag and board except when I looked at it before submitting and they gave it a 9.2🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔! So I think they are rushing through and the grading process and it is starting to show!! Turn around time is great but it seems like we sacrificed quality just to get books back faster 😢😢😢

Man I need your grades. Mine have been taking serious hits.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector

Man I need your grades. Mine have been taking serious hits.
the one they gave a 9.2 to says in graders notes that there is a crease across entire back cover that breaks color LOL 😂! No such crease exists LOL 😂 it alsmot like they put the wrong grade on the wrong book. The 9.6 should have been the 9.2 because of spine ticks and the 9.2 should have been the 9.6 because it looks prestige! Almost like they got swapped by accident during grading and encapsulation! 😂. In all honesty I don’t really care because they were all personal collection anyway but CBCS needs to do a better job at quality control department in my opinion
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
19-1677188-038

Rampaging Hulk #4
Marvel 1975
Variant:
Pedigree:

@donho does it look like a 6.5 to you? Maybe they treated it as a verified signature, couldn’t verify it, then hit you on the grade for the writing?

Where is the signature? I can’t see it. Did they miss it too?

Clearly CBCS screwed this up and need to rectify the problem. Either offer verified signature or refund you in full. I’m not sure you’ll get a witnesses signature because the book hasn’t been sealed and has left their control.
Post 29 IP   flag post
they answered me in email and said they made a mistake. and will fix it. and to send in the heavy metal to get the proper yellow label. the signature is in gold and did not show up to well due to the flash from pic taking.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600813 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?