CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Why Do You Have To Pay For Someone's Autograph ??9075

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
...I mentioned to a member of the Beach Boys a few years ago who was upset that people were selling his autograph on ebay that if you see someone coming with a ton of things in their hand for you to sign what else can you expect you know that they aren't keeping it for themselves and you sign it anyway. I suggested to him that in the future if he see's someone like that to only sign 1 item.

What if it's for his family members or friends? What if his mother is critically ill and can't leave home, so he's getting things signed for her? You really don't know people's reasons behind getting multiple items signed so giving advice like that could be harmful; but I'm sure he will or had thought about that already.

More bogus BS here. "Oh my poor sick mother"...... Are you friggin kidding me?

I don't blame the creators one bit for charging. NOBODY is getting these items signed for any other reason than the perceived monetary value they think it will add to the item or to flip it for profit.

Regardless of what Anybody says, the entire Autograph sector of the hobby is about the perceived added montary value and profit on the item. pure and simple. Lisa is correct with her reasoning.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
After creating a spreadsheet of all my graded books finally after 3 years - I will not be getting anymore yellow label signed books any longer. Most yellow slabs (cbcs or cgc) my cost has been like $200-$300 each and I go to ebay and the same book is a fraction of the price/cost. Now I prefer blue label graded books above all others. It's nice the ones I have, but I'd never be able to sell any of them without losing my shirt. There is maybe a handful of yellow labels that are actually worth serious money like my ASM 298 SS 9.8 and ASM 361 SS 9.8s.

I’ve only been entertaining getting books witnessed the past couple years. I agree, after all the fees, especially the author fees, there’s no money to be made. Grading fees, shipping fees, pressing fees, fast pass, witness fees, entrance fees....ugh. And after that he lines for a popular artist are the worst....You’re better off buying them and saving yourself the hassle unless you really want the personal experience then price doesn’t matter.

The best books are those offered by Midtown comics at cover price. Can’t beat a coverprice modern of a popular comic signed by a hot writer/artist! I have quite a few of those.

I have a few books I’d love to have witnessed sigs but they would be for the PC....so those I’m patiently waiting for the right opportunity...all other books if I choose to slab them will be blue label.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
NOBODY is getting these items signed for any other reason than the perceived monetary they think it will add to the item or to flip it for profit.

I don’t think that’s true in all cases. All my signed/witnessed comics are all for my PC. I have no intent to sell. The slab is just a way to remind me when they were signed and to provide a protective case for preservation and display.

HOWEVER....the grading and authentication does provide a fringe benefit in that (1) they can help establish a value for which to insure and (2) Should I pass help whomever I choose to inherit them know what value they have and make it easier to determine value and liquidate should they choose to do so.

But I’m sure a large majority are trying to make a buck....I’m just not so sure if they actually make anything after you add up all their costs to acquire...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Lisa private msg quote post Address this user
kaptainmyke I do have one celebrity autograph it's John Stamos. He signed a Full House promo photo of Him and the Beach Boys for me when I was at a Beach Boys concert in CT in 2000 He also signed a Beach Boys promo banner as well when I was backstage.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...I mentioned to a member of the Beach Boys a few years ago who was upset that people were selling his autograph on ebay that if you see someone coming with a ton of things in their hand for you to sign what else can you expect you know that they aren't keeping it for themselves and you sign it anyway. I suggested to him that in the future if he see's someone like that to only sign 1 item.

What if it's for his family members or friends? What if his mother is critically ill and can't leave home, so he's getting things signed for her? You really don't know people's reasons behind getting multiple items signed so giving advice like that could be harmful; but I'm sure he will or had thought about that already.

I don't blame the creators one bit for charging. NOBODY is getting these items signed for any other reason than the perceived monetary they think it will add to the item or to flip it for profit.

Regardless of what Anybody says, the entire Autograph sector of the hobby is about the perceived added montary value and profit on the item. pure and simple. Lisa is correct with her reasoning.

Bogus BS huh? Like you know everything... are you a God? No.... so don't assume everyone gets autographs for monetary means.
Post 30 IP   flag post

GanaSoth, I can see what you are saying about someone's mother or a friend that is reasonable but the instance with the member of the Beach Boys was a recurring thing the same people showing up with tons of stuff to sign just at different venues.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Lisa In your post you original posted you said "that people were selling his autograph on ebay" nothing about how much items a single person was getting signed, over and over. You left out a lot of info there, so I was just going on what ya said originally.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I have never sold a signed raw book that I had signed at a con. I will sell stuff I buy second-hand, or, from supporting a kickstarter. Never something I got signed in person, of which I have 500+. I am about to sell a graded, double-signed. It was one of the first ones I ever got witnessed/graded and is likely only worth $50...at best. I will not be making a profit off of it. I'm only selling it because I actually got two books signed by those same two people and got both graded in my excitement; not really thinking at all about value.
Post 33 IP   flag post
GanaSoth I didn't mention that only because the band member wasn't upset about the amount of things he was signing he was upset that the stuff was ending up on ebay for sale and that's why I made the comment to him that I did.

etapi65 I would never sell anything that was autographed either. It means a lot to me that someone would take the time to sign something in the first place because at the end of the day they really don't have to fan or no fan.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Here is a photo of that promo banner I mentioned. It was signed by the entire group including the backing band and Stamos. The only sig. it doesn't have is original Beach Boys member David Marks (the guy in the blue shirt all the way on the right)

Post 35 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
If a comic or other item is signed by an artist, celebrity, etc. its value(monetary, sentimental, etc.) has been increased.

The person signing the item is enriched by promoting their service (resulting in future monetary rewards, the enjoyment of interacting with their fans, and monetary rewards (as aopeaeance fees, paid travel, merchandise sales, and maybe signing fresh.

Their time has value and they have every right to set a price on their signatures as they see fit. Everyone else has every right to decide whether it is worthwhile to pay that price.

Once the item has been signed it is no one else's business what the owner of the item decides to do with their property.

Whether they keep and treasure the item or sell it is their business. No one lives forever and even if the collector keeps the item for life, chances are their loved ones will ultimately sell the item at some point.

I think it is the height of arrogance to demonize anyone else for what they choose to do with their property. Most people selling comics (signed or otherwise) and up using the proceeds to pay for more comics, signatures, commissions, etc. which only serves to benefit the comic industry and ultimately the artists.

While some artists get upset about people making money off of their work (art, Sig's, etc.) on eBay, somehow they are OK with the publishers, promoters, distributors, etc. doing the same. The idea that dealers who started out as collectors and continue to be fans are somehow the bad guys is ridiculous. These are the very people who have dedicated the better part of their lives to promoting the industry that the signer. relies upon.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
...the band member wasn't upset about the amount of things he was signing he was upset that the stuff was ending up on ebay for sale...

So he's complaining about his signature being sold on eBay.... but doesn't mind that he signs millions of items that he doesn't own... and when people sell items he's signed, he's not making money on those said items. sounds like he's just a moron that just wants to complaine about nothing.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
After creating a spreadsheet of all my graded books finally after 3 years - I will not be getting anymore yellow label signed books any longer. Most yellow slabs (cbcs or cgc) my cost has been like $200-$300 each and I go to ebay and the same book is a fraction of the price/cost. Now I prefer blue label graded books above all others. It's nice the ones I have, but I'd never be able to sell any of them without losing my shirt. There is maybe a handful of yellow labels that are actually worth serious money like my ASM 298 SS 9.8 and ASM 361 SS 9.8s.
...this....always wondered why so many people search and find perfect specimens, super high grade, have them written all over, then pay for grading pressing and shipping often though not always for a modern book that is relatively common and signed by someone most people never heard of....and that everyone else at that show and the fourteen shows after each had done identically with 4 copies...….
Admit there are a handful of people and covers I might try having done....Alex Ross on Immortal Hulk 14 comes to mind if only to hang as art on my wall.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

I attended a small Midwest show with Helen Slater signing, and was delighted at the chance to have a few supergirl cards signed. When I spoke to her she flatly stated.....35 dollars per signature. I asked, if I bought three of your pictures and had them signed would you be alright with signing a few of the cards I brought along. She restated coldly and directly....it is 35 dollars each time I sign my name.
Standing there I realized I had lost any real respect or desire I had for that autograph. I tore the cards up, handed them to her and left.I left content with the concept I refused to endorse what felt to me like an outright cash grab, and knowing she could have had 100 dollars more to take home had she respected her fan base a bit more.

Good for her..... Why would you need that many signature from her?

I know you will tout a story about them being for your "Personal collection", but that is obviously bogus.

Her price was Plainly stated... Yet you felt the need to try and circumvent her rule and get something for nothing. So then you lost respect and desire for the (Multiple) autographs? Really?

I suspect you had no respect for the sigs other than to flip them in the first place.
You obviously and clearly paid little attention to what I posted...I went with three (3) trading cards....do you get that? I chose 3 from the 100 card set I liked best and wanted signed......she then stated signatures were 35 dollars apiece for her PICTUES......do you get that as well? So being in the mind of fairness I offered to buy 3 (three) of her pictures to offset her time and effort. Being fair to her. I then asked if AFTER spending a hundred dollars with her for her three signed pictures she might sign my (3 only) three cards....do you understand ? She expected to be paid 35 each for each picture and then paid 35 apiece for cards I brought myself....For real dude, take the time to read peoples posts before slamming and attacking them....and stop assigning bad intentions to everyones actions based on your own inability to process what people write...thanks
Post 39 IP   flag post
Here's my 2 cents on the Helen Slater thing after shelling out 100.00 she could have been nicer about the cards if she really wanted to.
Post 40 IP   flag post
GanaSoth yes you pretty much have it he didn't mind signing the stuff but then when he found out it was getting sold on ebay he got upset.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Their time has value and they have every right to set a price on their signatures as they see fit. Everyone else has every right to decide whether it is worthwhile to pay that price.

@drchaos Great overall post. This quoted portion of your post sums up my feelings perfectly.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
NOBODY is getting these items signed for any other reason than the perceived monetary they think it will add to the item or to flip it for profit.

I don’t think that’s true in all cases. All my signed/witnessed comics are all for my PC. I have no intent to sell. The slab is just a way to remind me when they were signed and to provide a protective case for preservation and display.

HOWEVER....the grading and authentication does provide a fringe benefit in that (1) they can help establish a value for which to insure and (2) Should I pass help whomever I choose to inherit them know what value they have and make it easier to determine value and liquidate should they choose to do so.

But I’m sure a large majority are trying to make a buck....I’m just not so sure if they actually make anything after you add up all their costs to acquire...

There is a distinct difference between someone like yourself building a unique collection of signed books and the strictly for profit jackasses who complain that so and so charged xyz to sign a dozen of the same book that they know will be on Ebay, which is none of my business, just quit whinning about the creator charging for his/her time

Regardless of one's intent it's still all done for any future monetary value at one point or another.

Yours is a great example

You paid the premium price for those signed/witnessed LABELS for the perceived future monetary market value that it adds. That's just common sense. The slab itself offers no more protection or preservation qualities than could be had from any of a number of high quality after market products. So I can't buy into that.

While it may not be YOUR intent to sell them due to the joy they bring you personally, It is your intent to pass that monetary market value on to the person you choose to inherit them, whom may or may not share your joy of the books, but will still be able to liquidate them for the monetary value. That's just good sense

Of coarse Signature collectors are at a unique disadvantage as raw unverified signatures are basically worthless due to the high amount of fakes and fraud in the Autograph Market, making the Signed/Witness LABELS virtually mandatory if one wants them to have any chance of retaining any kind of monetary value.

If not true the books would be in any one of the countless high quality after market slabs or Top loaders at a fraction of the cost of having them slabbed by CBCS or CGC.

I don't understand why people get so defensive when I confront them with this reasoning, which they obviously have to know is true weather they want to admit it or not.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I think people get upset because you place your assumptions and ideas on their own choices and decisions without any concept or idea what motivates them

Here is why your logic doesn't work....

I save and collect everything related to the singer Jewel and a lot is signed. It is for ME...I have no kids and honestly most people have no idea who she is anymore....let alone assigning a thing she signed as valuable or sought after. There is zero, no , none idea of value involved monetarily as you insist. None...this is for me, from a lady I admire and enjoy. And I have no heirs, no one to benefit from the collection. I could care less what its monetary value IS...to me its worthless because I will never sell it. It is mine and suprasses a price or ability to offset in financial terms. You don't seem capable of understanding that what motivates you is not what everyone else thinks for feels.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't blame the creators one bit for charging. NOBODY is getting these items signed for any other reason than the perceived monetary they think it will add to the item or to flip it for profit.

Bogus BS huh? Like you know everything... are you a God? No.... so don't assume everyone gets autographs for monetary means.

My apologies, of coarse they don't
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think people get upset because you place your assumptions and ideas on their own choices and decisions without any concept or idea what motivates them

I save and collect everything related to the singer Jewel and a lot is signed. It is for ME...I have no kids and honestly most people have no idea who she is anymore....let alone assigning a thing she signed as valuable or sought after. There is zero, no , none idea of value involved monetarily as you insist. None...this is for me, from a lady I admire and enjoy. And I have no heirs, no one to benefit from the collection. I could care less what its monetary value IS...to me its worthless because I will never sell it. It is mine and suprasses a price or ability to offset in financial terms. You don't seem capable of understanding that what motivates you is not what everyone else thinks for feels.

I love Jewel and her music as well

I would also enjoy seeing some of your items

I guess my first question would be.. Are your signed items being sent to a reputable 3rd party authentication service to validate their authenticity?

I myself have many autographs I obtained in person that are virtually worthless to anybody but me.

For example My Johnny Unitas Auto I got when i met him

Granted Johnny Unitas is a much larger legend than Jewel and the card has great sentimental value to me personally, It is basically worthless in the autograph world because it has not been verified by a reputable 3rd party authenticator Like PSA.

So you are correct. Like yourself I have plenty of worthless items that are strictly for ME.

If and when I ever pay to have it Slabbed and Authenticated it will automatically obtain a monetary market Value regardless of my intentions of having it slabbed and authenticated. Thats just a simple fact.

I also think you are comparing apples to oranges here.

As much as I like Jewel she is not a legendary name in the autograph world with many people lining up to pay for her autograph.

I have no doubt there many strictly sentimental RAW autograph collectors in the world, myself included.

Once Grading/Slabbing/Authentication is involved its about perceived monetary market value.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I attended a small Midwest show with Helen Slater signing, and was delighted at the chance to have a few supergirl cards signed. When I spoke to her she flatly stated.....35 dollars per signature. I asked, if I bought three of your pictures and had them signed would you be alright with signing a few of the cards I brought along. She restated coldly and directly....it is 35 dollars each time I sign my name.
Standing there I realized I had lost any real respect or desire I had for that autograph. I tore the cards up, handed them to her and left.I left content with the concept I refused to endorse what felt to me like an outright cash grab, and knowing she could have had 100 dollars more to take home had she respected her fan base a bit more.

I know you will tout a story about them being for your "Personal collection", but that is obviously bogus.

Her price was Plainly stated... Yet you felt the need to try and circumvent her rule and get something for nothing. So then you lost respect and desire for the (Multiple) autographs? Really?

I suspect you had no respect for the sigs other than to flip them in the first place.
You obviously and clearly paid little attention to what I posted...I went with three (3) trading cards....do you get that? I chose 3 from the 100 card set I liked best and wanted signed......she then stated signatures were 35 dollars apiece for her PICTUES......do you get that as well? So being in the mind of fairness I offered to buy 3 (three) of her pictures to offset her time and effort. Being fair to her. I then asked if AFTER spending a hundred dollars with her for her three signed pictures she might sign my (3 only) three cards....do you understand ? She expected to be paid 35 each for each picture and then paid 35 apiece for cards I brought myself....For real dude, take the time to read peoples posts before slamming and attacking them....and stop assigning bad intentions to everyones actions based on your own inability to process what people write...thanks

So you offered half of her price and you wonder why she refused?

If you were buying 20 signatures / items asking her to do them for $30 each might work but your offer was a straight up insult.

Usually celebrity signatures start at $40 and only go up from there.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you were buying 20 signatures / items asking her to do them for $30 each might work but your offer was a straight up insult.

again no and please pay attention ..I went to a guest..at a local show who was selling PICTURES she would then sign for 35 each. I brought MY OWN cards to have signed...since she was an advertised guest at the show. As an attraction you were paying for at the door as part of admission. ...she wanted 35 per picture to buy the image and sign it...I was after having CARDS signed that I brought. But being fair I offered to pay for three pictures. 100 dollars. And then she might sign the items I brought of my own that cost her nothing. And here locally sorry but noone has ever asked more than 20 at our show. It's smsllTown USA and that doesn't work here so well. Nevermind she was s paid guest. And honestly if celebs do not get that it's fans who make or break them and cannot find it within themselves to curb greed they deserve what it breeds Your idea of buying so many at a lower price is actually what a fan would as void because it screans reseller. I insulted noone.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I love Jewel and her music as well

I would also enjoy seeing some of your items

I guess my first question would be.. Are your signed items being sent to a reputable 3rd party authentication service to validate their authenticity?

I myself have many autographs I obtained in person that are virtually worthless to anybody but me.

For example My Johnny Unitas Auto I got when i met him

Granted Johnny Unitas is a much larger legend than Jewel and the card has great sentimental value to me personally, It is basically worthless in the autograph world because it has not been verified by a reputable 3rd party authenticator Like PSA.

So you are correct. Like yourself I have plenty of worthless items that are strictly for ME.

If and when I ever pay to have it Slabbed and Authenticated it will automatically obtain a monetary market Value regardless of my intentions of having it slabbed and authenticated. Thats just a simple fact.

I also think you are comparing apples to oranges here.

As much as I like Jewel she is not a legendary name in the autograph world with many people lining up to pay for her autograph.

I have no doubt there many strictly sentimental RAW autograph collectors in the world, myself included.

Once Grading/Slabbing/Authentication is involved its about perceived monetary market value.
that's an awesome card!! So nice of you to share it . No to answer your question nothing I have from Jewel is graded or authenticated. I bought most of it from her or she handed it to me so I know it's real and it never mattered beyond that to me
Alot of it is odds and ends that probably couldn't be authenticated due to size or shape. Guitar picks. CDs. Albums in vinyl. Books CD booklets. Also have a massive print she sold me signed in pencil. Maybe tomorrow I will share some images... And thanks for your interest. PS. I used Jewel by example to compare with lesser known writers or artists in comics for clarification is all
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

again no and please pay attention ..I went to a guest..at a local show who was selling PICTURES she would then sign for 35 each. I brought MY OWN cards to have signed...since she was an advertised guest at the show. As an attraction you were paying for at the door as part of admission. ...she wanted 35 per picture to buy the image and sign it...I was after having CARDS signed that I brought. But being fair I offered to pay for three pictures. 100 dollars. And then she might sign the items I brought of my own that cost her nothing. And here locally sorry but noone has ever asked more than 20 at our show. It's smsllTown USA and that doesn't work here so well. Nevermind she was s paid guest. And honestly if celebs do not get that it's fans who make or break them and cannot find it within themselves to curb greed they deserve what it breeds Your idea of buying so many at a lower price is actually what a fan would as void because it screans reseller. I insulted noone.

Are you serious?

You can spin the story however you want but it does not change the fact you tried to circumvent the rules and devalue the worth of her plainly stated time out of sheer greed to get something for nothing, and your reasoning is because you brought some cards from home with you? So let me guess you thought by not using the photos that were provided you should get some free sigs on YOUR cards?

It's the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo

Are you for real? Then you tore the cards up like a spoiled little brat and threw them down at her?

Seriously!

Oh wait.... your a Fan she owns you. The woman owed you Nothing more than plainly stated opportunity.

One thing I did miss.... Did you pay for or buy any of the signed photos?

I mean seriously, thats like showing up a buffet line with a family of 6 and asking if you pay for three can the other three eat for free? they did bring their own silverware from home and we are really big FANS of your buffet!
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are you serious?

You can spin the story however you want but it does not change the fact you tried to circumvent the rules and devalue the worth of her plainly stated time out of sheer greed to get something for nothing, and your reasoning is because you brought some cards from home with you? So let me guess you thought by not using the photos that were provided you should get some free sigs on YOUR cards?

It's the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo

Are you for real? Then you tore the cards up like a spoiled little brat and threw them down at her?

Seriously!

Oh wait.... your a Fan she owns you. The woman owed you Nothing more than plainly stated opportunity.

One thing I did miss.... Did you pay for or buy any of the signed photos?

I mean seriously, thats like showing up a buffet line with a family of 6 and asking if you pay for three can the other three eat for free? they did bring their own silverware from home and we are really big FANS of your buffet!
I am serious yes and using questioning rhetoric to try and mock me is tacky and clearly transparent so stop it.
I can tell the story however I want because it happend to me ..that is not spin. Your attempts to then manipulate it are in fact spin...thanks.Of course nothing you have said is fact...so no need to change it. Attempting to assign anything you type the status of fact without evidence is a reach at best and also tacky .As for my motive for wanting a few cards signed it was not greed....let alone sheer so stop accusing me of it. I also asked for nothing for free ....remember I did offer the mentioned hundred dollars so please stop maniuplating what I said. My cards were brought from home yes..as I am sure you have taken things with you to sign from someone. Please dont attempt to hold me to some higher level or attempt to climb up on some moral wafer you yourself cannot safely state you have done your own self. Again I never asked for anything free , and you are attempting to erect a straw man argument by repeatedly implying such.
You stated "
It's the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo"
If this were the case she would sign a notecard and hand it to you, you are buying an PICTURE as well..hence why six different shots are offered to choose from. Get it? Yes her time and the signature are part of the transaction but so is the PICTURE.
Again...asking repeatedly if I am serious or for real is both mocking, transparently goading and condescending. Knock it off.
I tore the cards up like a mature adult who realized I no longer had use for them. They were obtained to have signed and I determined her signature no longer had value to me hence neither did her cards.
The dramatics again , attempting to make my actions seem more rude or forced than they were...I threw nothing. I handed them to her....and not DOWN at her. Please stop with the attempts at maniuplation.
Again yes seriously, and more of your mocking attempts....
I never said she owed me anything, you are placing words in my comments i did not state....also transparent and rude.
I bought nothing and you did not miss it,your comment is a pose designed to provoke, as you could easily re-read my post and know for sure. Asking was your method of attempting to again insult...knock it off.

As to your analogy...I mean seriously...again stop with the mocking comments..
Your buffet analogy fails in this regard...a buffet is all you can eat for a price....she wanted a set price per plate get it? I never asked for anyone to eat anything free, I disagree with her pricing and policies which is my free right. Of course you keep bringing up I brought my own cards as if you never brought your own items to have signed either.

My take is my own self provided small cards were not a cost to her and should not have cost the exact same as her large shiny images in six different poses being offered. That is all...and I am sorry you have a hard time understanding or getting it.
Of course let it be said that you in light of your comments you clearly never attempted to get a better price or fairer deal when spending money at a con right? Because you of course are better than I and can sit and ridicule an lecture me for the choices i made when you were not present, had no role and seem to have no clue.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo.

This!

Read it again and let it sink in.

The photos are freebies that come with the signature in case you couldn't be bothered to bring your own item to get signed.

Imagine if you came into the office one day and your boss tells you that he is reducing your salary by 50%.

How would you feel?

Chances are you would start looking for another job even if you didn't quit right then and there.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
It's the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo.

This!

Read it again and let it sink in.

The photos are freebies that come with the signature in case you couldn't be bothered to bring your own item to get signed.

Imagine if you came into the office one day and your boss tells you that he is reducing your salary by 50%.

How would you feel?

Chances are you would start looking for another job even if you didn't quit right then and there.
This!!! Read.it.again and let it.sink.in. Thanks! the signature and her time she's charging for, not the photo"
If this were the case she would sign a notecard and hand it to you, you are buying an PICTURE as well..hence why six different shots are offered to choose from. Get it? Yes her time and the signature are part of the transaction but so is the PICTURE.
Post 53 IP   flag post
600710 53 28
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.