Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Naomi #5 Defects

I am hearing all over about problems with Naomi #5. Seems that there are staple issues, creases, damages, and upside down or missing pages. This seems to effect most, of not all, the print run.

This is a shame considering it is the first time she appears in costume. check out the problems below:

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
How do you let this many books go out with a major defect like that?!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
"Error Edition"
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t think it’s that many. How many people on here have seen this?

I have one copy so far with no issues other than a few very minor spin ticks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I don’t think it’s that many. How many people on here have seen this?

I have one copy so far with no issues other than a few very minor spin ticks.

I have two copies coming with my monthly subscription, in a day or two. I'll let you know how they are.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's a small percentage from what I'm seeing on facebook, and should not count against you in grading due to "bindary defects".
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It's a small percentage from what I'm seeing on facebook, and should not count against you in grading due to "bindary defects".

Interesting. So it's still a 9.8 candidate even with a staple missing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I have not heard about missing staple. That's a tough call you gotta roll the dice on that one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
A true manufacturing/bindery defect does not result in a grade reduction by CGC. If there are no staple holes in the cover and pages then there was never a staple, and there will be no deduction to the grade.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I know this was posted a ways back but was curious how it is shaking out....are there a disproportionate number of damaged or printing afflicted issues in the run or the normal quality issues....does anyone have further perspective to add to the discussion?
I mail ordered a copy to see for myself and it came in overall rather nice but with the roller ripples throughout the cover which seems so common on Dc books of late..
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting on mine from Westfield, I'll let you know when I get it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I picked one up from the LCS on the weekend, no defects...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Got 3 from my LCS that still has a pile, none with the defect that I saw.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a few here an there around the net, noting a few were sold through already. One has arrived in what seems like mint shape to me, but still awaiting the rest.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I just looked at mine. The book is clean, however the staples on the inside do not lay flat. But #2-#5 are all that way. Unfortunately I missed out on picking up #1.

I also just noticed that my Savage Avengers #1 is stapled that way too. I wonder if this in normal. It does not effect the way it opens or closes.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I've noticed that with staples, too, the last few years. I think it's across comics and publishers. It's almost like the stapler is TOO perfect, and the two ends meet, causing the folded parts to bend perfectly. Anyway, it's too consistent and common, I think, to be an accident, so they must do that on purpose. Perhaps it lays flatter?

I had a look at my copies, and there are no unusual problems. Five different copies from two different sources: Texas and North Carolina.

Now ... how long do I have to wait until they are $50 bucks each? I don't have all day you know...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Yes the staples have much larger prongs on certain Marvel and DC books. Not all.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600652 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?