Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsRaw Comics For Sale

Have any of you ever did business with seller "cyberspacecomics" ?8979

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@comic_book_man Yeah. Negative is a bit too harsh. Maybe I'll give him a positive but I'll state "issued refund, stock photos used, misleading" or something to that effect.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't buy on ebay unless it says "you will receive the item pictured" explicitly. I have to agree, if it said the condition was VF-, that's actually what you got. But, there was nothing "wrong" with the way they listed it and described it. Ebay should have a policy about this whereby sellers must in large type, first thing state use of a stock photo.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@etapi65 there is something wrong with the way they listed it. It's misleading completely.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@etapi65 That's like me telling people that I'm selling a VF condition comic, but then in the description tell people that I'm very strict in my grading. Then I would show pictures of a NM comic and not the actual comic.

That leads people to believe since I stated I grade very strict; on a high to low scale, then that would make people assume I deliberately downgrade so people will not complaine. Then using stock pics.

The guy responded to my eBay email, telling me that the comic I received is the same comic in the eBay auction....
Liar.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@etapi65 That's like me telling people that I'm selling a VF condition comic, but then in the description tell people that I'm very strict in my grading. Then I would show pictures of a NM comic and not the actual comic.

That leads people to believe since I stated I grade very strict; on a high to low scale, then that would make people assume I deliberately downgrade so people will not complaine. Then using stock pics.

The guy responded to my eBay email, telling me that the comic I received is the same comic in the eBay auction....
Liar.
Yeah, I'm not saying what they did was "good", they just didn't break any ebay policies. Which goes to my comment about ebay needing to do a better job with regulations about this issue and then we don't have to deal with this as buyers. I do believe it's a different comic, but only because of the bottom right corner, which is very clearly sharper in their posted pic. Otherwise, unless zoomed in, the posted image looks very similar to your unzoomed (whole comic) picture. They're pic is actually blurry around the outside of the white cover (likely on purpose) so you can't see the ding in the top left corner. Even in your, full-book shot you can't make-out the spine damage on the white cover very easily. So, they're a dirtbag, they're shady, but they didn't break any ebay policies and the grade they assigned was, imo accurate. With this warning I would avoid buying anything from them.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The book is still VF range. You can actually clean the dirty spots off the comic book yourself.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke yeah, I know. I been to your website & read up on the dry cleaning and pressing instructions.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, word

Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Oh, word

Oh yes!!!!….we have eyes on you
Post 34 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone or shop selling online using stock pictures and relying on written description of the book should have written across the photo Stock Image. In large letters. But really they should just take a pic of every thing they list and not use stock images.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Anyone or shop selling online using stock pictures and relying on written description of the book should have written across the photo Stock Image. In large letters. But really they should just take a pic of every thing they list and not use stock images.

They have more than 100,000 items listed for sale in their shop. Taking a pic of all items not gonna happen
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

They have more than 100,000 items listed for sale in their shop. Taking a pic of all items not gonna happen

Then they need to specify in all their auctions descriptions the following simple, three words "stock photos used" instead of the long line of "please refer to the condition in the description as the pictures can sometimes be misleading." Even though, again, that phrase plays hand in hand with his other phrase that he "grades more strict on a high to low scale" meaning he may say a comic is VF but really its VF/NM; he downgrades to make everyone happy. But with his stock photos of a NM comic, he gives off a false impressionable buying sense of him misleading buyers. He then gives you VF- or worse. He's a cheat, scam artist seller.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
eBay...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...we must be cautious.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth did you look through the sellers prior sales or active auctions to see if he has been selling the same issue with the exact same photos? Or maybe look at his other auctions looking for a trend?

I can’t tell anything from his blurry far away shots. It’s possible it’s the same comic. But they offer free returns so take advantage.

I appreciate the heads up and the PSA that we should all be doing our due diligence before buying anything on ebay if we have high expectations with limited information. Make the seller do some more work for the sale, a good seller will honor the request if they are an honest and respectful seller.

Just about every comic I sell I use up the 12 free photos and hit ever side and corner front and back because you can’t tell anything from only a few. But that’s me and I don’t have 100,000 listings....that should be a flag if they have so many listings and so few photos it’s likely they have little quality control.

That being said I can’t wait to buy the few comics I have left to feel my collection is complete (outside of unobtainable grails) and all I’m doing on eBay is slimming down/selling. I’m so very close!
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
That being said I can’t wait to buy the few comics I have left to feel my collection is complete (outside of unobtainable grails) and all I’m doing on eBay is slimming down/selling. I’m so very close!

What is o/s?
Post 40 IP   flag post
600787 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?