Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, Just got shipping notice (out of the blue) that 7 comics I submitted to FL for Press and then Signature Verification on June 10th. That puts them inline with my original expected TAT though of recent, I was thinking that perhaps I would not see them till after Thanksgiving. Now...I have more news and commentary that I will sit on for the time being...
Post 376 IP   flag post
I want to clarify yesterdays post. I created the invoice on 6/10. FedEx delivered to CBCS Florida on 06/18. So, from time of delivery (not their receipt into queue), to shipment from Dallas after Grading and Signature Verification, 21 weeks total. I anticipated 18-22 weeks. A Month and a half later, I also dropped off a ton of comics at SDCC for press. My expectation was to get those back between Halloween and Thanksgiving. That may be optimistic, but, if they ship back by 12/18. it will be the exact same TAT that I received on my 6/10 submission. I figured the SDCC submission might be faster TAT since Dallas TAT's had dropped between June and July. Will see and I will update along the way.

Cheers
Post 377 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
FYI, Just got shipping notice (out of the blue) that 7 comics I submitted to FL for Press and then Signature Verification on June 10th. That puts them inline with my original expected TAT though of recent, I was thinking that perhaps I would not see them till after Thanksgiving. Now...I have more news and commentary that I will sit on for the time being...

Mine were submitted on June 1st at a con but they didn't show up in my dash until July 16. And that was after calling CBCS numerous times just to make sure they were received.

I'm hoping for a shipping notice before Thanksgiving...let's see what happens. I'm a little dubious at this point, but your post provides some hope.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector Randomdoge private msg quote post Address this user
Hey folks I got a question , and yes I already email support and got my response but I want to ask you guys from your own experience, I submitted some books and got them signed at the convention two of them where to get pressed as well , and well the books I send to be pressed already showed up on my orders 2 weeks ago but not the ones that I didn't submit to be pressed. Do you folks know when they might show up on my profile or will they show up as soon as they're shipped out
Post 379 IP   flag post
@Paint_Monk My guess is your 6/1 comicon dropoff is already in Dallas. Other than seeing it in "Processing" awhile after it was received in FL, I had no indication that they were in TX being graded and Sig verified until this week when I got the completed and shipped notifications.
Post 380 IP   flag post

@Randomdoge Honestly from my experience, it could be either. It should be posted as "Received" then "Processing", and ultimately "Completed" when they have shipped out to you. Unfortunately just because they are not showing up yet doesn't mean that they haven't received them. I know this from personal experience. As I have mentioned in my previous posts It is not the way it should be, but I do believe they are getting better. As long and the quality of their output does not suffer, I am personally am good with continued improvement after having a merger and move 1/2 way across the country. Furthermore, my experiences with the 800 lbs gorilla that is CGC were worse.
Post 381 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Paint_Monk My guess is your 6/1 comicon dropoff is already in Dallas. Other than seeing it in "Processing" awhile after it was received in FL, I had no indication that they were in TX being graded and Sig verified until this week when I got the completed and shipped notifications.

You would not believe how hard my fingers are crossed that mine are somehow close to shipping at this point.
Post 382 IP   flag post
CBCS President sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
If I submit books now what is the chance they would be back before Christmas?

I am pretty sure we are at a 5 week turn time at the moment. Hope that helps!
Post 383 IP   flag post
270665 383 8
destitute