Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

"This Really Grinds My Gears!!!" open complaint thread8928

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Latest hottest super hero movie...

Fanboy- " okay so the movie was ruined for me because there is no way that the water wasn't boiling around that ring...the CGI effects were horrible and that could never have happened...…….(but I totally accept someone can swim fifty miles an hour, live underwater, have superhuman strength, and ride seahorses while battling giant crabs and people riding killer white sharks with saddles....)"

or...the time travel and plot hole lines just ruined the movie...but I am perfectly good with the guy who doubles in size and turns green when he gets mad, the other guy who doubled in size and strength by drinking a secret serum and has a magic shield that always returns to him, the living norse god that can command lighting, throw a magical hammer that returns to him and his friend that can fly using an armored iron suit that can do just about anything....as they battle the blue guy with magic stones who can snap his fingers and make half the universe vanish....or the green alien girls from outer space, the talking racoon and walking talking tree...…

The gives and takes of suspension of belief in fans grinds my gears I guess

Ha ha!!! Precisely!!!!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonicaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
This really grinds my gears...come on vf/nm?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Team-Up-65-VF-NM-Comic-Book-Feat-Spider-Man-Captain-Britain-Arcade-GK4/312594216495?hash=item48c811362f:g:YxYAAOSwj~Vcwpiy

Here is another offering from the same seller at F/VF: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-man-178-FN-VF-7-0-Green-Goblin/312603569145?hash=item48c89febf9:g:4NoAAOSwpsBcwppo

They must have removed a couple defects that would have lowered the grade.

I really feel sorry for that Seller. They are going to rack up more in eBay fees then they will selling it... plus we all know the seller doesn't have a clue about comic books...
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
For all we know he bought it as a 1.0 at his LCS, and mistook a handwritten 1 for a 7.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Me being dumb 5 years ago and not opening a book to check it out grinds my gears. Lesson learned, I go through every book that is priced over $10.

Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
ouch sorry about that...that's terrible
Post 80 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
What grinds my gears is when I drive 300 miles to Niagara to get dale keown sigs and he cancels
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get upset over comic books. I think the industry is doing a lot of VERY stupid things, but I don't care. If the publishers go out of business tomorrow, I wouldn't care. There are decades worth of stuff that does interest me. At most, I'm highly disappointed.
Post 82 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I get the whole comics aren’t that important but this was 4 months of planning, a passport, and single handedly the only reason I’m here right now. My gears are ground.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector MarcJ private msg quote post Address this user
What's grinding my gears right now are solicitations for variants. Literally the only difference between a variant or additional printing is the cover. So, in theory I would only order it if i like the art on the cover. It's kind if hard to make that decision if they dont have the cover art out by the FOC date.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I may buy 2-3 variants a year at most. This year is a record for me so far 5 already and one of those I got twenty copies of for speculation I agree though
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I get the whole comics aren’t that important but this was 4 months of planning, a passport, and single handedly the only reason I’m here right now. My gears are ground.

I've never seen a good reason to put that much trust in anyone. Situations pop up that people can't control.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Had to really scroll down to find this, guess it's been 18 days since any of us bitched...

Here's one
Buyer: hey is it fine if I pay you "x" days from now
Me: sure no problem
Buyer: pays after 5 days...3 days later....

Me:

Buyer:

I don't know...am I wrong...if you take more days then normal to pay, I dont rush out. Its Tuesday, ,. They paid Thursday.
This is when I want to just give a refund and keep the book...because I automatically assume this person is gonna complain...
This is usually when I quit ebay for a couple months
Post 87 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the new name for my block list!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it's just me. I'd assume sellers ship products after they have received payment. Not the other way around 😂🤣
Post 89 IP   flag post
I think Amazon has made people too impatient...but also...the juevos on this guy...asks to pay late...then expects immediate shipment...its just crazy to me. I think too many people assume selling on ebay is all a person does...my ebay is purely to buy more comics for me with occasional extra cash put towards unexpected things. I just hate it now..
Between the fees and taxes, its really not geared toward the recreational/occasional seller anymore
Post 90 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Me being dumb 5 years ago and not opening a book to check it out grinds my gears. Lesson learned, I go through every book that is priced over $10.

These pages remind me of the pages from the old Playboy magazines I used to cut out and show them to my friends in middle school. They were for “researching” purposes.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

These pages remind me of the pages from the old Playboy magazines I used to cut out and show them to my friends in middle school. They were for “researching” purposes.

Middle School is filled with researchers.
Post 92 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:

Middle School is filled with researchers.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!!!
Post 93 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I don't know...am I wrong...if you take more days then normal to pay, I dont rush out. Its Tuesday, ,. They paid Thursday.
This is when I want to just give a refund and keep the book...because I automatically assume this person is gonna complain...

Well, you could read his messages more generously if you want to ... as just a polite inquiry; not complaining, just asking if there was a problem with shipping, and looking for an update.

I find it's useful to avoid "reading between the lines." Too much opportunity to misread messages and interpret wrongly. Sometime a cigar is just a cigar, and an inquiry is just an inquiry, not a criticism.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

Well, you could read his messages more generously if you want to ... as just a polite inquiry; not complaining, just asking if there was a problem with shipping, and looking for an update.

I find it's useful to avoid "reading between the lines." Too much opportunity to misread messages and interpret wrongly. Sometime a cigar is just a cigar, and an inquiry is just an inquiry, not a criticism.
@Tedsaid true...I guess I'm just jaded. I found it a rather quick inquiry for an item he just paid for...but that is 100% way of looking at it
Post 95 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I think Amazon has made people too impatient...but also...the juevos on this guy...asks to pay late...then expects immediate shipment...its just crazy to me. I think too many people assume selling on ebay is all a person does...my ebay is purely to buy more comics for me with occasional extra cash put towards unexpected things. I just hate it now..
Between the fees and taxes, its really not geared toward the recreational/occasional seller anymore

Always wary when people ask for additional time to pay. Sometimes it's just sad. A couple months ago I sold a book on ebay and the buyer asked if he could wait a few days to pay for it, since he wouldn't have the money until he got his paycheck. The book sold for $12. I told him that was fine, while I'm sitting there thinking "Jesus, man. Priorities."
Post 96 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Quote:

Always wary when people ask for additional time to pay. Sometimes it's just sad. A couple months ago I sold a book on ebay and the buyer asked if he could wait a few days to pay for it, since he wouldn't have the money until he got his paycheck. The book sold for $12. I told him that was fine, while I'm sitting there thinking "Jesus, man. Priorities."

Boy, that's tough. I think if I had one of those, I would stick a little something extra in there. If $12 is a big purchase for someone, then a bonus comic - one I might have multiple copies of and never sell - could mean a lot.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Quote:

I saw this all the time with customers picking up their subscriptions at the local comic shops. I never worked at one, but I hung out at several. People were living week to week and they'd skip picking up comics on weeks they had unexpected bills. Heaven forbid they lost their job. They'd be too ashamed to tell the store they couldn't afford their comics. They'd leave the store hanging and just never return. I'd tell some people that they needed to let the store know so the store wouldn't keep ordering the comics for them. Shame always entered the picture and the store kept ordering comics they couldn't sell.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Christmas in July. Do I need to say more????
Post 99 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I want Halloween in April!!!! THAT I could get behind!!!
Post 100 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Sounds like a plan!
Post 101 IP   flag post
601380 101 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?