Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Naomi #1 or middle age guy waves fist and scoffs8873

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I'm still waiting for my 7 glow in the dark ghost rider 15s to pay for my kids college...or my 8 silver surfer 50s...or my 5 copies of xforce...or 8 copies of xmen 1..or
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I'm going to declare that I am in the "old man shakes fist camp" which is really sad cause I'm only in my mid 40's!!

I just...I just don't care about Naomi, or Major X or Bat Who Laughs or HulkVerine etc. etc. etc. - fyi...I'm shaking my fist at the sky right now!!!

well .. I do really like weapon h... but only to read . No intent to throw money / spec on the character, just enjoy the content . That's what moderns are for right ?? Right ? *pin drops *

Good luck to those chasing naomi , hopefully works out . Not really my thing.

Does give fuel to the talk that we are in a bubbly / overheated speculator market
Post 27 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I'd buy me a Marlin .45-70 and bust up some cinder blocks with it with that much money.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I’m just in the crowd of, ”wut?....why?”
Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I think I'm going to sit this one out. Let the jabronis fight over that book.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I'm not a jabronis, but I did get a copy for really cheap! Being its such a low print run, and everyone's jumping to get a copy, I couldn't pass it up.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
i feel sad all i could get was a B cover
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
The story is decent but IMHO it is FOMO in full effect especially with it being a #1 and first app of Naomi.
Post 34 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Remember folks, Naomi spells backward is I moan.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
i feel sad all i could get was a B cover

Personally, I like the “B” cover more. As far as which is more collectible? No idea.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The B cover has a much lower print run and to me will be more desireable down the road.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The B cover has a much lower print run and to me will be more desireable down the road.

Good to hear. I thought the B cover would have the lower print run
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
B stands for best.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yep because they kept reprinting the Cover A for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and "Final Print". Final Print has the lowest print run of less than 895 copies. Cover B did not get reprinted.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my LCS's has the Naomi #1 reprint that came out last wednesday at $10.00/per and Naomi #2 at $30; #3 at $25. To wrap in another thread. This is why LCS's go out of business. They see the speculation and new comics come through the door, get immediately pulled and marked-up the day they come out? Yeah, I'm not shopping there any more.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Can I predict in 6 months time Naomi who ?
Post 42 IP   flag post
I dropped my old LCS when she kept selling me upcharged ratio variants. I was one of her big customers too. You would think customer loyalty means something but I guess not. That was 2 years ago.
Post 43 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’m in the “wat?!” camp.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke damn cold-blooded! Ive been going to my LCS for a loooong time (used to work there!) and they always throw freebies like promo posters or even some ratio variants to grab before others do.

As for Naomi... i'm sure its a good read and interesting but meh, not my thing.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCBatmanFan
Comichron estimates sales at roughly 25,000ish copies. So not high print run, but not especially low, either. That's 10k more copies than Old Lady Harley 5, which was pushing $25 right after release but has settled back down to $10-15 bucks now. Of course "Jeriatric Joker" isn't likely to have any future importance whereas apparently Naomi does.

Yeah, depending on what happens with the character you could see more of a Saga #1 type effect. Whatever the major thing is better happen pretty soon because the series will end with issue 6 and unless this supposed major impact sparks more of the character continuity the fact that this is 6 and done could have an impact on what the market effect is.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

If you go by that metric you should buy only later printings because they normally have very small print runs.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Yeah, depending on what happens with the character you could see more of a Saga #1 type effect. Whatever the major thing is better happen pretty soon because the series will end with issue 6 and unless this supposed major impact sparks more of the character continuity the fact that this is 6 and done could have an impact on what the market effect is.

Bendis has already said that Naomi "Season 2" is coming (along with an Amethyst series for Wonder Comics) but hasn't announced a date yet. Whether that has any effect on long term value is certainly a wait and see, though.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
One of my LCS's has the Naomi #1 reprint that came out last wednesday at $10.00/per and Naomi #2 at $30; #3 at $25. To wrap in another thread. This is why LCS's go out of business. They see the speculation and new comics come through the door, get immediately pulled and marked-up the day they come out? Yeah, I'm not shopping there any more.

While I am not a fan of day of mark-up why should a B&M leave money on the table and assume all the risk of supplying variants to the collector or speculator? It beffuddles me why people get mad at retailers for trying to make money. So often I have seen folks get angry about prices dealers have and then celebrate when they get something under market value. We “punish” somebody profiting unless it’s ourself. There is a local basement seller here that loves to complain about people’s asking prices but when he generally sells at triple ticket price. This seller had a book for sale that had a $90 USD tag and wanted $350 CAD which was over double the exchange rate in the price range of a book of one-2 grades higher.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Well, I'm not a jabronis, but I did get a copy for really cheap! Being its such a low print run, and everyone's jumping to get a copy, I couldn't pass it up.

Just got the 3rd print as well (which is worth more than the 2nd print).

Post 50 IP   flag post
Yeah....still dont get it. Maybe I'll read a trade. I just dont see it sustaining value...but, who knows...till then...
Post 51 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
$3.39 with my discount

Post 52 IP   flag post
@OGJackster wow... super find! Unless you had it in your pull list & just forgot bout it.
OR - the comic shop owner didn't realize what was in that other customer's pull list and the other customer hasn't been there in about six months so the shop owner let ya plunder and pillage their comic box. Haha
Post 53 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth I actually had it on my pull list. Lucked out that it's doing so well.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@OGJackster Nice !
Post 55 IP   flag post
600676 75 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?