Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Naomi #1 or middle age guy waves fist and scoffs8873

Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I know nothing about this book. I don't know why its hot. I don't know if it was low print run. But can someone tell me why people are listing if for this?

WTF is going on, discuss
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
it's supposed to be a good story and written by Bendis. she supposedly will have some type of "major" impact on the DCU. That's about all i know. There is a low print run apparently too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t know where they got their $850 price tag.

Post 3 IP   flag post
theyre just trying to push the hype. even $500 is crazy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Comichron estimates sales at roughly 25,000ish copies. So not high print run, but not especially low, either. That's 10k more copies than Old Lady Harley 5, which was pushing $25 right after release but has settled back down to $10-15 bucks now. Of course "Jeriatric Joker" isn't likely to have any future importance whereas apparently Naomi does.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
You can still find cheap copies locally and on amazon before the crazy catches everywhere....
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Don't fall for that "sold for" bogus BS.

Example: Hey Scott, list one of your copies of Naomi #1 for $499.99 I'll pretend to buy it, then you call up Ted and have him buy mine for $525.00 etc etc
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's even more obvious when sellers follow each other.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Exactly.
Post 9 IP   flag post
No matter what, $500 is the outlier. Even putting that suspicious sale in the mix, FMV is closer to $200 than $500 or $800.
Post 10 IP   flag post
i would never spend that kind of money on something that came out like 2 months ago...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Totally agree.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmmmmmm......one word......Outcast

Tell me about Naomi in a few years

Who knows...maybe I'll be wrong, more often than not I'm not though....
Post 13 IP   flag post
so has anyone read it if they picked up the series?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone...I dont know...starting to think...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
What was the print run on Ultimate Fallout #4 and Spider-Verse #2?

My guess is it’ll eventually fall into that range. I’m assuming she stays relevant, obviously. Up to the writers.

But either way, too soon to throw $500 at it, but the steady increase in 9.8 price has convinced me to slab my 5 copies instead if selling raw to maximize profit. Hoping this book will pave the the way to one of my grails before that grail jumps again.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Comichron estimates for copies shipped:

Ultimate Fallout #4: 73,674

Spider-Verse #2: 54,415

So Naomi has a significantly lower print run than those 2.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Hmmmmmmm......one word......Outcast

Tell me about Naomi in a few years

Who knows...maybe I'll be wrong, more often than not I'm not though....

As painful as that word is I have two words even more painful:

Peter Panzerfaust

With that said, the first appearance of the Spectacular Spider-Han is going for big bucks so what do any of us know anyway?
Post 18 IP   flag post
We know nothing...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Welllll.....Spider Pig did take 30 yrs?? to take off

Just sayin...if the book/character really has legs pick it up after the hype when it has dropped back to a reasonable space....can get raw Totally Mediocre Hulk 22's for $30 to $50 that's what 25% or 33% of what it was going for in the first few days/weeks/months after release.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Welllll.....Spider Pig did take 30 yrs?? to take off

Just sayin...if the book/character really has legs pick it up after the hype when it has dropped back to a reasonable space....can get raw Totally Mediocre Hulk 22's for $30 to $50 that's what 25% or 33% of what it was going for in the first few days/weeks/months after release.

Screw raws. Go for 9.8s at $100. Better deal IMO.

Another example is/was Teen Titans 12...could get raws for about $40 and 9.8s around $100 before the latest miniseries took off. Now look what they go for.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
so has anyone read it if they picked up the series?

I read it and it was good. Not great, but nothing wrong with it. Just a first chapter in a larger story. Anyway, I saw where the prices were going, so I sent my two copies in to get graded. I liked it, but it's not "Keep your 9.8 instead of $400 bucks" kind of like.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm going to declare that I am in the "old man shakes fist camp" which is really sad cause I'm only in my mid 40's!!

I just...I just don't care about Naomi, or Major X or Bat Who Laughs or HulkVerine etc. etc. etc. - fyi...I'm shaking my fist at the sky right now!!!

Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm going to declare that I am in the "old man shakes fist camp" which is really sad cause I'm only in my mid 40's!!

I just...I just don't care about Naomi, or Major X or Bat Who Laughs or HulkVerine etc. etc. etc. - fyi...I'm shaking my fist at the sky right now!!!

@KatKomics yeah I'm with you. I just cant keep up...the spec market is crazy right now... I have weekly 90s flashbacks
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Enelson ah!! the 90's....glow in the dark, foil, chromium, holo foil, platinum covers, die cut/gate fold covers those were stupid.....now Variants....that's blue chip right there
Post 25 IP   flag post
@KatKomics I'm still waiting for my 7 glow in the dark ghost rider 15s to pay for my kids college...or my 8 silver surfer 50s...or my 5 copies of xforce...or 8 copies of xmen 1..or
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

well .. I do really like weapon h... but only to read . No intent to throw money / spec on the character, just enjoy the content . That's what moderns are for right ?? Right ? *pin drops *

Good luck to those chasing naomi , hopefully works out . Not really my thing.

Does give fuel to the talk that we are in a bubbly / overheated speculator market
Post 27 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I'd buy me a Marlin .45-70 and bust up some cinder blocks with it with that much money.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I’m just in the crowd of, ”wut?....why?”
Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
598088 75 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?