Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

WEEKLY COVER CONTEST #138- The Reports Of My Death...8856

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I've updated my entry to what I believe now qualifies.

I always loved that series when I was a kid. I just thought it was cool that a Batman comic had a "special guest villain." Lex Luthor? In a Batman comic? Cool! (I just bought a nice graded copy of #293, by the way; the third installment of "Who Killed Batman." And come to think of it, the FIRST time Lex Luthor killed Batman on a cover might have been a good entry, too ... Action Comics #466. GREAT Neal Adams cover and one of my favorites.)
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Gotcha....I've updated my entry to what I believe now qualifies.

Perfectly
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
I feel that MR_SigS should use his authorized authority as thread winner on those who post unwarranted covers that DO NOT fit the criteria and banish them to the PUNISHMENT ZONE!

Can't. PGX doesn't have a message forum.
Post 53 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
🍻
Post 54 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
My new entry:

But wasn't he intended to be dead? It's been so long I can't remember. BTW, nice copy!!

Both “Professor X” and Grotesk appear to die, but both would return. We learn latter that it was the Changeling disguised as Professor X that died in this issue. That’s why the CBCS label says “Death” of Professor X.

PS - Scott, if this doesn’t meet your criteria, I have several other choices I could post.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

PS - Scott, if this doesn’t meet your criteria, I have several other choices I could post.

Hmmm. That's kind of a tough one because it requires going beyond THIS comic in order for the facts to be known.

I think since my edited post stressed a couple of time upon the individual comic and cover, this wouldn't work. Even though it isn't actually the Prof., the character depicted on the cover does in fact die.

Glad you have other examples lol

By the time this is squared away, it'll be time to vote.
Post 57 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
One of the first comics I bought with my own money as a kid (not this copy).

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
ok...now that ive spent 20 mins rereading this thread, my cover no longer counts. I guess Im in the punishment room
Post 59 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Third time’s the charm.

Post 60 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 61 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Cool topic!
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
ok...now that ive spent 20 mins rereading this thread, my cover no longer counts. I guess Im in the punishment room

Nah! Jesse_O said he's let anyone change their cover
Post 63 IP   flag post
There are MANY of these covers out there...
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Karlhungus private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget to vote!!
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlhungus
Don't forget to vote!!

Not many qualifiers to choose from, should be easy.
Post 67 IP   flag post
About 30 minutes left.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Third place! Boo-ya!

That means if 1st and 2nd place winners are not able to fulfill the terms of their office, I'm picking the next contest!
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like @GAC is the winner!!!! Congrats!!
Post 70 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Looks like we have a winner!
Post 71 IP   flag post
I remember getting this comic when I was a kid. I actually had a subscription from DC. They used to wrap it once in brown paper, flat, so it could slide out the top or bottom. Hard to believe that's how they delivered comics back then. (And that was an improvement over the subscription folds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Looks like we have a winner!
Post 72 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Yay!! new contest up shortly.
Post 73 IP   flag post
598088 73 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?