Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Swamp Thing TV Show - Production Shut Down Early8847

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswing
So is all 10 episodes of swamp thing filmed? Are we getting the full first season?

Everything I've seen says yes, they'll finish the first season.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
so...just watched the first 4 episodes...oh my god!!! Is anyone in charge at DC!!!??? WTF are they thinking shutting this show down???

Titans...meh...it was ok.....but I want Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol all day long!!! oh and Preacher!!

DC - your movies for the most part are misses but your TV or streaming or whatever are mostly hits - get your act together people!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
this was a loss for all of us I think, it seemed like a good series, and I was rather fond of Crystal Reed as Abby Arcane...

I was reading somewhere that it wasn't the tax breaks that caused DC to fold, but rather the realization that the cash intake vs overall expense, was just not going to work.....apparently they thought it would have more drawing power on their streaming services.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
DC - your movies for the most part are misses but your TV or streaming or whatever are mostly hits - get your act together people!!!

Marvel is the king of movies but sucks at tv shows. DC is the king of tv shows but sucks at movies.

These 2 really should get together.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town is a little more correct. I believe it wasn't a tax issue but more of a streaming issue. Warner wants its own main streaming service to bundle up HBO and Sesame Street with DCU but the problem is they are stuck in a merger with AT&T right now so everything is in the air. A source involved in the production said there was chatter on set that WarnerMedia was considering folding DC Universe into its own upcoming streaming platform, which will also include HBO and Cinemax.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I heard Saga of the Swamp Thing #21, “Anatomy Lesson”, was going to be the basis for one of the episodes.

Since that’s a personal favorite of mine, I was so excited! So sad it’s cancelled.

Anyone know if that is true? If so, has that one aired yet?
Post 31 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Marvel is the king of movies but sucks at tv shows. DC is the king of tv shows but sucks at movies.

You think they suck? Daredevil was great, I thought, and I still love watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What show are you talking about? That mutant thing? Or the Runaways maybe?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

You think they suck? Daredevil was great, I thought, and I still love watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What show are you talking about? That mutant thing? Or the Runaways maybe?

I personally couldn't get past the first season of Agents of Shield, Cloak and Dagger looks interesting but I haven't watched it, but Daredevil and Iron Fist and the lot on Netflix were ho hum for me. But I've never been a real Daredevil/Punisher fan.

On the other hand, Arrow, Flash, and Legends of Tomorrow I felt were better hands down. Just my opinion...I'm about to sign up to DC's streaming service to watch Titans, Doom Patrol, and Swamp Thing.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
What show are you talking about?

All of them. All.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I heard Saga of the Swamp Thing #21, “Anatomy Lesson”, was going to be the basis for one of the episodes.

Since that’s a personal favorite of mine, I was so excited! So sad it’s cancelled.

I am caught up on the first 4 episodes they have released. Dr. Woodrue is there but no Floronic Man yet. I can see it happening in the next few episodes though.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

I'm an episode behind so I haven't watched it yet but... Swamp Thing 2019 S01 E09 The Anatomy Lesson
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet!

I just hope this show gets a physical release now. Maybe if DVD/Blu-Ray/4K sales go well, they’ll reconsider the show’s viability.
Post 37 IP   flag post
I just got caught up. Episodes 8 & 9 were absolutely fantastic. The best yet.

How they cancelled this show is beyond me. My only guess is they ran out of things for Swamp Thing to do. I haven't read enough of the comics to see how the character is used...
Post 38 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So a little behind the times..just finished the last episode.

No idea what DC was thinking ending this show.

I would put Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol as the 2 best shows with Titans a distant also-ran

They need to bring back the Constantine TV show and make a 1940's Sandman Pulp/Noir show too! - could be epic

Maybe next they can just show panels of Swamp Thing comics with mouths CGI'd reading the balloons - couldn't be any worse than the JLA train wreck!
Post 39 IP   flag post
597895 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?