Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I'm really sad reading that Walter is following through with this.... He should have never felt he was burden on his family and they should have, at every attempt possible, to make him feel that he wasn't... Since my wife is also on dialysis, I gotta go beyond what I think is necessary to keep my wife from going into depression, to make her feel that she isn't a burden, because she isn't, and I'd do whatever I could for her forever if needed because I love her.

Walter, you have made a huge impact in my life even though we have never met in person. This sickness you and others have in many ways, is a strange brotherhood, a bond.

I am assuming that this can speak for everyone on this forum when I say that we love you brother, and we wish you happiness in your final days. May God Bless you and Keep you in His Kingdom.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim
and that smile at 1 person, is a positive impact!

It's amazing how true that is. When I am out in public and smile, everyone is friendlier and nicer to one another.
Post 52 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes the burden on others is only part of the equation. Sometimes the pain of living is enough to want to pass.

While I'm not saying someone should jump in front of a car at the stub of the toe, the agony and pain a person has to live through is unique to themselves. We will never know how bad their situation is and can only respect their decision and honor their life through positive memories.

This is my opinion right or wrong. If you disagree, that's fine. I just wanted to give a possible different perspective on how he might feel.
Post 53 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
the pain of living is enough to want to pass

If that were true I would have passed 30 years ago.
Post 54 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Something keeps you tethered to this world though.
Whether it be a significant other, the next great comic deal, or whatever.

Trust me we all have low points. (You know it's bad when an assisted suicide company in Switzerland rejects you. But I digress...)

But one thing is for sure, anybody who has any turtle questions, they know where to go.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
But one thing is for sure, anybody who has any turtle questions, they know where to go.

What's a turtle question? Is that related to the idea about the world resting on the back of a turtle?
Post 56 IP   flag post
If he could answer that, I'd love to hear that too.

But if I recall correctly, @kaptainmyke is our resident Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle expert. I saw him post pix of toys, books, and other stuff. Never seen anybody that big a fan of anything cept this other guy on the boards with Captain Marvel. That guy has a crazy collection too.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Yep, Amazing Spider-man, Rick & Morty, and Ninja Turtles are my thing.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Walter has passed away. RIP. pretty obvious that you made a difference

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad. Thank you for keeping us informed and if you have any way to send condolences to the family I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing them peace and comfort going forward
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaBrot
Very sad. Thank you for keeping us informed and if you have any way to send condolences to the family I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing them peace and comfort going forward

just uploaded a fb pic where a lot of people are giving respects
Post 61 IP   flag post
this is the fb link

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001078059577
Post 62 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Walter.

Post 63 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, @poka for passing along the info.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This saddens me, but you have to respect that he went out on his own terms. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Mourn his passing, but more importantly, celebrate his life.
Post 65 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Just checked out his FB page provided by @poka,.. I can certainly relate.

Condolences to his family.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Conditionfreak for all you gave to your country, community, and all those you have met. I still have the books that I bought from a flash sale and put them in my collection. Know that you will be missed by many but never forgotton. Let all those Great Hereos Before you Welcome you to the Big Hall Of Justice Above.
RIP Walt

Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector tim private msg quote post Address this user
RIP, Walt, prayers to you and your family and friends. Sad day indeed to lose a fellow collector!
Post 68 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
RIP
Post 69 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Walt
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Very very sad news RIP Walt
Post 71 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
RIP.
Post 72 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Walter and I didn’t always get along here, but I had great respect for him. He was misunderstood in many ways as well, especially by sjws.

Even more respect that he went out on his own terms.

Rest in peace conditionfreak!
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
RIP...very sad.
Post 74 IP   flag post
600906 74 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?