Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke good luck. I just mailed mine today.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm i made a bulk order - i only received them last week. however i did contact alex ross shop a few weeks ago and they replied within 24 hours
Post 52 IP   flag post
oh and a few of my customers got a good deal - they preordered from me for $25 per copy - my bad
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@poka Thanks, that is what I was figuring with respect to communicating with the Alex Ross shop. I understand some delay with any response, but find it hard to believe the seller I bought the book from would have contact the shop multiple times to no avail.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Update: I got 9.9s on both of them.

Post 55 IP   flag post

@kaptainmyke hopefully I have the same luck
Post 56 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I actually got a bad batch from what I can tell from others. Most people got perfect copies right out of the box from Alex Ross's website. I wasn't so lucky so I had to do the best I could to get the best grades possible. I'd never pressed a brand new prestige format 96 page glossy pages book like this before.....

Copy A

Copy B

Post 57 IP   flag post
Status update. I called the Alex Ross shop (ARS) on Monday for confirmation that all Detective 1000 orders had shipped, which they confirmed was the case and all should have arrived the week prior. I emailed the ebay seller the next day, checking on the status of the copy I ordered, and mentioned that I had checked in with ARS. He never responded to my message, but I did finally receive an order update that my book had shipped today. I would like to think the book may have just been delayed in shipment, but I still have my suspicions that he was holding out on me cancelling the order. Or he is just a poor communicator with his buyers. We'll see what condition the book arrives in, but stoked to be getting my copy. Thanks all for providing details on your dealings with ARS.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Hah! I knew it! Dude was absolutely holding onto the books because he suddenly has them posted for $250. There is another review that indicated they never received their TEC 1000 Alex Ross copy ordered from the seller (presumably they gave up). Judging by reviews, he has done this before. Take note of the seller should you be looking for modern variants and be cautious.

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector PixelPanda144 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you at least end up getting your copy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
Hah! I knew it! Dude was absolutely holding onto the books because he suddenly has them posted for $250. There is another review that indicated they never received their TEC 1000 Alex Ross copy ordered from the seller (presumably they gave up). Judging by reviews, he has done this before. Take note of the seller should you be looking for modern variants and be cautious.

Post 60 IP   flag post

Yep! Just arrived today
Post 61 IP   flag post
how's it look
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'll have to pull it out when I get home and will upload pics.
Post 63 IP   flag post

Post 64 IP   flag post

Post 65 IP   flag post

Seems to be a nice copy. No noticeable issues
Post 66 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke mine are now in shipping, if I don’t get 9.9 I’m ganna be pissed lol.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Well a little disappointed. I got a 9.8 on cover and a 9.4 on the cover B
Post 68 IP   flag post
aw bummer
Post 69 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke yeah my 9.8 doesn’t have any graders notes so a little confused by that one and my 9.4 says bend/crease off spine front cover.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

pristine comic ruined by Newton Rings...I thought CGC fixed that problem? My last 20 or so books I haven't noticed any.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
May have something to do with it being a thicker comic.
Post 72 IP   flag post
yep
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
yep
I “think” cgc switched to larger casings which provide some separation of the inner well from the outer casing. I’m not sure as I haven’t slabbed a book in a while. It obviously the thicker the comic the more likely the inner well will contact the casing.
Post 74 IP   flag post
CGC has not fixed the Newton ring issue but they have improved the issue so it is less visible.
Post 75 IP   flag post
If you haven’t already seen - I am offering one copy of TEC 1000 Ross variant as a giveaway in this charity sale

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/8967/flash-sale-may-12th-8pm-and-tec-1000-ross-giveaway/
Post 76 IP   flag post
600508 76 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?