Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Immortal Hulk - why no Trimpe Variant8644

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Surely to god there has to be unused Trimpe Hulk art that could be turned into a cover yes???

Most/all of the Immortal Hulk variants pale in comparison to the Alex Ross normal covers

Someone give me Trimpe!!! Re-use a portfolio print, a splash page, something unpublished for gosh sake!!!!
Do a damned tribute!!!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
or a Kirby
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a minor heart attack over lunch today when the guys at my favorite LCS told me they forgot to order Immortal Hulk #15 this week, and since it was sold out online, I’d be receiving a 2nd print copy in my pull file next week. WTF?! Luckily I made calls to other nearby shops and picked up three 1st print copies on my way home from work... 👍🏼
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
Had a minor heart attack over lunch today when the guys at my favorite LCS told me they forgot to order Immortal Hulk #15 this week, and since it was sold out online, I’d be receiving a 2nd print copy in my pull file next week. WTF?! Luckily I made calls to other nearby shops and picked up three 1st print copies on my way home from work... 👍🏼

Please don't have a heart attack over a comic, especially not a non-variant new release marvel title. I saw many yesterday and could have picked you up a copy for $7 shipped.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Got mine too . Glad I preordered the Ross variant . I love his covers for this run as much as the book and this cover is one of the best ..

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Does ten dollars seem the norm people are asking for the 'variant' ...almost feels lie this was planned as a regular cover in the series and someone said...hey lets charge extra for it and call it a variant.....
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Does ten dollars seem the norm people are asking for the 'variant' ...almost feels lie this was planned as a regular cover in the series and someone said...hey lets charge extra for it and call it a variant.....

The alt Ross cover (B) was an unlocked variant. Once a shop hit a threshold they got to open order it. So it’s like an open order variant, but not all shops qualified. But, in my opinion, the shop shouldn’t be charging $10 day one...they should have it on the shelf for cover or don’t put it out at all for a while.

I’m not sure how secret variants work...are they randomly placed (no minimum)? Shops like to pull those out and charge eBay prices Day 1 for those too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

The alt Ross cover (B) was an unlocked variant. Once a shop hit a threshold they got to open order it. So it’s like an open order variant, but not all shops qualified. But, in my opinion, the shop shouldn’t be charging $10 day one...they should have it on the shelf for cover or don’t put it out at all for a while.

I’m not sure how secret variants work...are they randomly placed (no minimum)? Shops like to pull those out and charge eBay prices Day 1 for those too.

My shop doesn't qualify - although while talking to the owner he is upping his order as this title sells out every release day. Luckily a shop near my work does qualify and they charge cover for the variants so I occasionally pick one up.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
my lcs didn't charge me that much .. slight premium over the regular but not to that extent ..
Post 10 IP   flag post
600892 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?