Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio if they had raised their final value fees that would surely have had a backlash on them. I would surely look for other options.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
@Drogio if they had raised their final value fees that would surely have had a backlash on them. I would surely look for other options.

Ok, but I’m not listing as much as I used to because it’s hard to manage cancelling BIN auctions minutes before it ends because I don’t want to get hit with a listing fee because I used up my allotment of free ones.

Or I’ll when the standard “list 200 auctions with no listing fee” promotion comes out near the end of the month I’ll end all my auctions early and start them up again. But that is also a lot of work and will make me less likely to list as much as in the past.

My guess is as people who have 100 auctions renew and get hit with $35 fee they’ll do the same. So what will ebay gain other than suckering people out of 35 cents here or there?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Here’s what I would do (not necessarily what you should do):

eBay will take more time, as you’ll need photos. No auctions, just buy-it-now. So start with the keys and Be patient wih your keys. Drop the price gradually every so often if it doesn’t sell. Or just wait it out. Once you have your money makers on eBay, you can start to list lots/runs (harder to move multiple comics). I’d still do buy-it-nows for those too.

Every month relist what doesn’t sell. If you exhaust your free eBay listings (no listing fees) for the month, wait until mid month or late in the month. eBay will likely send you promotions to list 100-200 auctions without listing fees. When that happens relist as many as you can. Never pay a listing fee. Only pay final value fees, unless you have a store and it’s with it.

This takes time, but once buy-it-now auctions are set up and running they last 30 days and if they don’t sell it’s very quick to relist them...very little upkeep involved. Don’t try to list everything....go with your gut with what you think people want and list those first.

Good luck!

ebay buy it now listings are now forced to be good until cancelled so I would be careful of not getting slammed with listing fees.

I read about that "feature" they will automatically re-list all the auctions but you don't pay a listing fee UNTIL the item sells. So you will not get a big charge for listings. You will get charged a listing fee when the item finally sells.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I was thinking about this question and thought I’d add to my suggestion to list here:

if you list here, and something doesn’t sell, you’ve done a lot of the leg work already, and can easily list the books elsewhere for sale if necessary.

You’d have front & back pics, a grade assessment, and a rough idea of what you want for the item.

Store that info in a spreadsheet if a book doesn’t sell and you’re on your way.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Tough questions, I guess it depends on how much work you want to put in. You could sell to your LCS but expect 10 cents on the dollar. You could sell as bundles or lots or even put together some "Blind Box" type sets. Set up at a local convention if you have any near you or, the most time-consuming, list them all up on eBay for your biggest potential audience.

For the keys and such, i think you'll find some buyers here on the forum
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
I have found a different mind set helpful for selling. All my books are paid for, their value is what they sell for. I don’t think of them as worth $5, $10 etc, then feel bad when they sell for 50 cents, instead I made 50 cents. I have plenty I am making a ridiculous profit on, but I just don’t think about cost in the equation, it’s not really a business
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
I have found a different mind set helpful for selling. All my books are paid for, their value is what they sell for. I don’t think of them as worth $5, $10 etc, then feel bad when they sell for 50 cents, instead I made 50 cents. I have plenty I am making a ridiculous profit on, but I just don’t think about cost in the equation, it’s not really a business
@doog I 100% agree with this philosophy. It's why I never get overly wrapped up in spec. It's great if I sell a book later and make money...but I know so much of the current/90s stuff isn't generally going to get me much. I read my comics. I try to sell sometimes, but its different for me, it's not my job, my comic sale money is usually just to buy more comics.
Post 32 IP   flag post
601308 32 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?