Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I have to ask, does anyone ever submit an order that goes off without a hitch? My second order was received today and just like my first I’m left trying to reach someone by phone or via email. First order I lost two weeks time because the rep at the con filled out one order with pressed and non pressed books. Second order invoice says I’ve made no payments which in fact I gave the rep 400 dollars cash and a card number for remainder. Now waiting for books or time is one thing but right now I’m out 400 bucks cash and that’s a bit different. So here we go again trying to reach someone to figure this out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
This order was received today?
Was this submitted at a show?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Calling is pointless period!! I’ve never heard of anyone paying with cash at a convention??? Typically you can give them a check or credit card at a convention. Just remember your check or card won’t be charged for like a year LOL 😂 and with sudden grace! But I hope you got the name of the guy you dealt with at the con. I’ve only submitted twice so far in my comic career and each time, well both times was at a convention and both times I was told they won’t take cash there mostly because the witnesses at the convention only work seasonal or one convention a year and it’s never the same people. It seems like a temp job for witnesses but that’s just what I see I could be wrong? But I am a noob so I can only tell you what I’ve dealt with so far in this crazy game of comic collecting
Post 3 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
That sucks.
But I do have a question. Did you check your credit card statement to see if it was charged? (My thoughts are if they charged your credit card, the entry should have been successfully made)
I know I currently have an order that states on the invoice, I owe them 7xx but credit card says I paid them and the main page states balance zero.
I had this happen before, and I emailed thinking crap, they arent going to progress without payment. A response a few days later stated I was already paid in full.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I’ve only submitted two orders, both at cons and both times I paid cash. Ironically enough what I paid doesn’t match my invoice total yet again either. Neither card number has been charged.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks Bronte, sets me at ease a little bit. 400 is a chunk for me
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

What show was this?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Fantasticon Toledo, Oh
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H where have you been? You took my info via PM over two months ago regarding two questions about one of my orders and you never got back to me, despite me sending you several PM’s checking on your welfare. I was worried man. Please PM me. 🙏
Post 9 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Any money earned is a lot of money. Hopefully your concerns will be alleviated soon.

On a different topic, my books moved into grading!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Quote:

Any money earned is a lot of money. Hopefully your concerns will be alleviated soon.

On a different topic, my books moved into grading!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Well that’s cool, good luck the rest of the way
Post 12 IP   flag post
If they were entered into the system today you should see a update on your total this week, as that is a separate process.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattness
@Darryl_H where have you been? You took my info via PM over two months ago regarding two questions about one of my orders and you never got back to me, despite me sending you several PM’s checking on your welfare. I was worried man. Please PM me. 🙏

I will contact you ASAP !
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
If they were entered into the system today you should see a update on your total this week, as that is a separate process.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Thank you! I’ll hang tight then. I mean I’m not overly worried, I’ve worked with the rep twice and I trust him totally. I have my receipt so all will work out I was just trying to avoid an unnecessary charge
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
I've made three orders all went smoothly. With each one, i mailed cash with my submission and made payments through the phone.
Post 17 IP   flag post
A lot of it might just be I’m new to this... long time collector, rookie slabber. I’m over the whole TAT thing, this takes time I understand, but playin with my money’s like playin white my emotions, 😂
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I've submitted one order to CBCS (10 books) and it was my first time having anything graded by a third party. Everything went smoothly. You can even say they undercharged me (unless you consider the fact that it took double the quoted turnaround time to get back). I submitted an ASM 361 at the modern tier, came back a 9.8 and they didn't adjust my invoice to the higher consumer rate ($251-$400 tier).
Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Its Big Perm, I mean Big Worm.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceralDreams
first I’m left trying to reach someone by phone or via email. First order I lost two weeks time because the rep at the con filled out one order with pressed and non pressed books. Second order invoice says I

I prefer getting billed and paying over the phone. I really don't trust my cc info online anymore

Anyways, that goes to saying, I wish I could start using my $$ Points CBCS has supposedly given me.

Oh one more things. Lots of time when I visit my LCS, they allow me to always put money in an account with them there, so I'm always adding a good $30-50 every paycheck (like store credit), and when I see a nice little statue or OMNIBUS I want to order, I have them take it from my account. I wish CBCS allowed us to do that, put money away with them for a rainy day submission.

Just my two cents
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H I've been waiting for a call back from Roe since last Thursday...I leave two voicemails a day on both lines and nobody calls me back. Help!

@Gabriel85301 You going to Phoenix Fan Fusion in May?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man

@Gabriel85301 You going to Phoenix Fan Fusion in May?

got some tax refund $ I been saving for some sigs by Papa Roy Thomas.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301

Oh one more things. Lots of time when I visit my LCS, they allow me to always put money in an account with them there, so I'm always adding a good $30-50 every paycheck (like store credit), and when I see a nice little statue or OMNIBUS I want to order, I have them take it from my account. I wish CBCS allowed us to do that, put money away with them for a rainy day submission.

Just my two cents

I would say that this is a GREAT idea!!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 I'll look for you when I'm there.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Gabriel85301 I'll look for you when I'm there.

Also, I am planning on attending Rose City Comic Con in Portland, last year I was unable to make it at the last minute due to the death of a close loved one.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
For the record, people pay cash at conventions frequently. Any difference reflected on your order on the dashboard is usually due to the return shipping coming out to a slightly different total than what the FedEx rate chart on the back of the invoice has listed.

Quote:
Fantasticon Toledo, Oh
That would have been Cody Lockwood. He's one of our best and most trusted independent contractors as well a a close personal friend of mine.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
For the record, people pay cash at conventions frequently. Any difference reflected on your order on the dashboard is usually due to the return shipping coming out to a slightly different total than what the FedEx rate chart on the back of the invoice has listed.

Quote:
Fantasticon Toledo, Oh
That would have been Cody Lockwood. He's one of our best and most trusted independent contractors as well a a close personal friend of mine.
for sure Tim, I wasn’t ever concerned about Cody he is a cool dude, cash was credited to my invoice but still not the cards. Just trying to figure this all out I guess u don’t understand why send out an invoice if it’s not squared up on the money side, I never would have questioned a thing if I hadn’t received it that way
Post 29 IP   flag post
I don’t understand I mean
Post 30 IP   flag post
601338 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?