Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Con season is here,about those tat.8590

Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
So the off season has come and gone, and sadly the turn around times havent improved much. I worry for cbcs, they are a great company with great employees but this whole beckett merger in my eyes has hurt them. Thoughts,opinions, lets hear them.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, I thought they were pretty much caught up...I mean they're at around 16-17 weeks right now. So it's a lot better than it was.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Not from what I have seen in the turnaround time thread,if you fast pass things it's going great.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I too worry about the TATs - I have 6 books in now (about a month and still not on my dashboard) and have another 6 or so to send in at the start of June. The books I sent in last June I only got this January. Kind of trapped - this is a self witness AW thing where I have a dinner and as far as I know the other guys won't be at this convention - CBCS is my only option and although I am not flipping my books so TATs aren't crucial to me I still would like them back sooner rather than later.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@NoahSult Reading through the turnaround time thread I see a lot of reports of greatly improved turnaround times. Are there some orders still late, yes, but the overall feeling I get from the thread is that they’ve come a long way. Whether that holds true over the coming months, we’ll just have to see.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Current slow tier (Modern, Expanded, Consumer) turnaround for books submitted today are roughly 12 weeks for pressing, and 10-12 weeks for grading. It should even get a little better over the next month, then we enter convention season again. Our goal is to hold on to the turnaround times through convention season and lose as little ground as possible. We certainly have a better chance at it this year than in years past. Experience and knowing how to handle the volume is going to help us.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
I have called customer service a few times about four books that have been there since October of last year. I keep getting the nicest lady on the phone, but never results. I called yesterday and she told me that they were ready to go, but had just been sitting there due to someone calling out sick. What kind of operation is this when one person "calling out" puts a hold on books being sent out? My books have been there 16 weeks. Where is the improvement? I understand the quality of the company, but I'm not re-selling the books. A few points higher or lower in a grade doesn't matter anymore if this is the wait time. The "other guys" returned four modern books in less than half the time....TWICE! Please understand, my beef is with customer service. I probably wouldn't be as mad if they would just give me updates as to what is going on. Instead I get the same "processing" on my dashboard for 5 months! Just very frustrating. I know they didn't wait 5 months to take my money. I just want my books back at this point.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If you click on the order, you get the status and not just processing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing is holding up the guys on the other side of the street....I had 4 books no fast pass with press which was sent to pressing sometime in october let say the end of it. I called last week it was still in pressing! But once it moves to grading it’ll probably only be 4-5 weeks.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Pressing is holding up the guys on the other side of the street....I had 4 books no fast pass with press which was sent to pressing sometime in october let say the end of it. I called last week it was still in pressing! But once it moves to grading it’ll probably only be 4-5 weeks.

Yep they are 80 business days (16 weeks) for most pressing tiers. Unpressed books come back way faster. I've been trying to keep my 'need press' submissions to a minimum ever since.
Post 10 IP   flag post
600876 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?