Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Found it - oh well...only available on submissions till end of March and I just sent in on Feb 17
Not like 10 bucks is gonna make or break me or encourage me to submit. I basically only submit in person as cost of shipping vs. admission to a convention I usually come out ahead or worst case break even!

I don’t want the $25, I just want the survey. $25 isn’t enough to entice me to submit an order to cbcs vice sending it to cgc at this point. Send me a survey and you might find out why that is.

Unfortunately I submitted last august... that I just got back....so cbcs won’t get my feedback. But I’ll check my spam either way.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Despain

I believe the e-mail says we’ll receive the $25 coupon within 10 days of completing the survey.

I’m guessing (and only guessing) Your e-mail is somehow associated with the link you clicked when you took the survey.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Thanks!
Post 53 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Got the survey. Hope they read it. Don’t care about Tat’s. I am patient, but when they showed me they didn’t care about the integrity of their product, I didn’t see any reason to keep using them. I own probably the worst 9.6 in any company’s holder. I showed it to two of the reps when I got it(on site grading) and I expected them to demand I let them regrade it so it could have an accurate grade. Instead they told me I got lucky with the grade and sent me on my way. I can’t even sell it in good conscience because I know it’s actually an 8 or 8.5
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Got the survey. Hope they read it. Don’t care about Tat’s. I am patient, but when they showed me they didn’t care about the integrity of their product, I didn’t see any reason to keep using them. I own probably the worst 9.6 in any company’s holder. I showed it to two of the reps when I got it(on site grading) and I expected them to demand I let them regrade it so it could have an accurate grade. Instead they told me I got lucky with the grade and sent me on my way. I can’t even sell it in good conscience because I know it’s actually an 8 or 8.5

Pics
Post 55 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Pics

Seconded.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan pics pics pics!!!
Post 57 IP   flag post
@PhantomEwan Taking your word for it, I’d say that that misstep by the Graders & mishandling by the Reps at the Con should not, catagorically, put into question the integrity of the entire company. If you reached out to the company after the show, I’m sure they would offer to make it right.

You shouldn’t HAVE to put in that sort of leg-work. But issues like this can’t be resolved properly if the people in the position to make appropriate changes never know there’s a problem to resolve.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan Would love to see those pictures!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Here's the e-mail. Typo included

CBCS Survey – We need Two minutes of your time

Dear CBCS Customer,

It has been a while since we’ve heard from you! 2018 was great for CBCS & 2019 has started with a buzz of excitement around the new office! CBCS has a lot coming up this year and didn’t wanted you to miss out!

What we are asking from you is to spare two minutes of your time answering some questions for us. We want to know why we didn’t hear from you last year. We promise, it will take less than two to answer this survey and as a gesture of gratitude for filling this out, you will receive a $25 voucher from us within 10 days of completing the below, to be used on your next submission.

We appreciate your help with this as feedback from our customers is important to us. Good or bad, we want to hear from you and want to work with you again!

Thank you and have a great day!
Post 60 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Having problems uploading pics. Here is the front problem is on the back

Post 61 IP   flag post

Post 62 IP   flag post
I don’t know how well you can see it. But the top right corner has a significant crease. The second picture I tried to zoom in and make it easier to see

Post 63 IP   flag post
Pictures don’t show very well, let me try again.
Post 64 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan I bought a 9.8 CBCS SS comic with an all white back cover off EBay a week ago that had similar damage to the top right corner. There was also color breaking spine stress on the front cover. Its disappointing to see these mistakes happening. Fortunately, the seller gave me a refund.
Post 65 IP   flag post
So I think this shows better. It’s not even noted in the graders notes.
Post 66 IP   flag post
That could have happened after grading, if it were mishandled during encapsulation.

Just a theory.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
So I think this shows better. It’s not even noted in the graders notes.

yeah that is not a 9.6
Post 68 IP   flag post
CBCS definition of a 9.6 grade...

NEARMINT+9.6

This is close to mint with some minor defects. Even though some defects are allowed in 9.6, certain defects, such as tape, are never allowed in this grade range.

Slight stress on the spine.
The staples themselves are generally centered clean with no discernible rust.
Maybe some minor color has chipped or flaked off the cover.
The cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with high reflectivity and very little fading. Square and sharp corners with ever so slight blunting permitted.
You can tell that this comic has been stored properly and looks almost as new as the day it was printed.
The smallest amount of creasing
All bindery tears are small.
Only some binding and/or printing defects allowed.
Cover is fairly well centered and firmly secured to interior pages.
Paper is supple and like new.
Spine is tight and flat.
Unobtrusive date stamps or arrival dates in pencil or ink are acceptable.
Many pedigree collection comics have a notation on the cover or the interior of the comic and are considered a bonus to collectors as they help prove the provenance of the comic.

With that in mind, would that slight bend, would it still fall into this category?
Post 69 IP   flag post
So complete disclosure. I submitted two of these. One came back as an 8.5 and this one got a 9.6. They both have the same crease. I just didn’t check the back cover before submitting.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I did the survey, and look forward to maybe getting a $25 coupon. It will go nicely with all of the points I have earned.
I have not had the itch to get stuff graded in a while. Maybe this could jump start that back up.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

With that in mind, would that slight bend, would it still fall into this category?

No
Post 72 IP   flag post
Fat fingers
Post 73 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan I have a book with something similar to CGC and pulled a 9.2 - 9.6 seems high - since non colour breaking it is possible it was missed - graders are only human...I think?
Post 74 IP   flag post
I think it was missed, especially with the black cover and it being on site grading. Seemed weird they caught it on one copy but not the other. But what really got to me was when I pointed it out to them and they agreed there was no way this was a 9.6 then really made me feel like they didn't care and I shouldn't either.
Post 75 IP   flag post
well - there is a long-standing belief also applicable to florida that if you wish best grades then you get on-site grading done
Post 76 IP   flag post
CGC grading scale was not as descriptive as CBCS...

NM+ 9.6 A very well-preserved collectible with several minor manufacturing or handling defects.

If that book was pressed it would get a 9.8.
Post 77 IP   flag post
probably, remember even without that crease it got a 9.6 so there are other issues with it, I don't remember off the top of my head but they seemed minor.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone heard back about this $25 yet? I know it might still be a little early, but you never know.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone got there $25 voucher yet? It's been pass my 10 days from doing it and curious if it worked for anyone.
Post 80 IP   flag post
600918 150 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?