Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
i understand that some people who have not submitted to CBCS lately have received a survey and a $25 coupon for future submissions if they complete the survey.

while that is nice - i hope that CBCS will also consider to provide some incentives to those people who have continued to support CBCS with submissions over the past year!

i am definitely waiting for my $25 coupon or better now!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I received a survey this morning, but I didn't see anything about a $ 25 coupon. I did receive an e-mail from CBCS for 10% off submissions through the end of this month.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I got the survey, but no coupon (yet).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a $10 off coupon a few weeks ago....I had already submitted an order to them a week before, e-mailed them to see if it could be applied.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Oh, it DOES mention a coupon! Didn’t even notice that. To be received within 10 days after completing the survey.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
Zilch, Nada.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 1upluigi private msg quote post Address this user
I have received nothing 😔
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, no survey, no coupon...and I just renewed membership and was getting ready to submit again for first time in a while
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I haven't done any submissions in over 1.5 years so I got the 25 dollar coupon voucher thing for my survey.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe it was randomly selected people who received the survey. I didn't get it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I haven't done any submissions in over 1.5 years so I got the 25 dollar coupon voucher thing for my survey.

which is totally unfair to those who have submitted and got absolutely no offers in the past year
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you haven't submitted in over a year you get a $25 voucher.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
The turnaround time for me to complete that survey is 6 months assuming the weather holds.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@KingNampa lmao
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I took the survey, but do they REALLY not know why so many people jumped ship?!

That right there is the epitomy of the problem.

Hands down the best graders around; but the company cant manage their way out of a wet paper bag.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I took the survey, but do they REALLY not know why so many people jumped ship?!

That right there is the epitomy of the problem.

Hands down the best graders around; but the company cant manage their way out of a wet paper bag.
if they knew why they wouldn't be asking brosef.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I was polite but very specific about why I have been using the other guys this last year.

This was overall a smart move on their part. I hope they take the responses they receive seriously. The last thing we need is for one company to be the only option for grading.

As far as rewarding the steadfast CBCS submitters, a 10% off coupon definitely wouldn’t hurt.
Post 17 IP   flag post
i am still waiting for the points for the last 3 years submissions as previously promised to be added to my account to offset for future submissions

soooon!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
i am still waiting for the points for the last 3 years submissions as previously promised to be added to my account to offset for future submissions

soooon!
There was a hurricane @poka! Jessh give them a break! They need time to recover. Have some compassion.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I like their product so I'll keep using these guys (only about 30books in 3or4 years) but some basic things really seem lacking.

I dropped some books at the Toronto Comic Book Show (Feb 17th) - didn't pre print my order because the add for the show said something along the lines of "as about our show specials" - guy at the booth knew nothing about it. So....filled out paperwork at the show - this is about a month later and still nothing on my dashboard about the new orders ( I would like to add a photo to one book and change my shipping address).

I would think it's pretty simple - must have 1 or 2 people receiving orders (mail and from their own people at conventions) - open package - enter info/orders into computer, put books in line up for grading or press and grade or whatever services - bingo!!
Even if you only received/entered 1 day a week and had all hands on deck to crush it the most you would ever be behind is a week.

As far as TATs go no one can be sure about staffing levels but one would think either restrict submissions (i.e. don't go to as many shows - I know that would reduce how many I send in as I only submit at shows) or staff up to handle the inflows. Are they in same building as Beckett? what are their TATs like - has to be fairly similar grading process so some synergies?? - poach people from there when TATs are huge to move product along???

Customer service and TATs - pretty sure that is what they will get back from the survey - and if they didn't know that's really bad!!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

As far as TATs go no one can be sure about staffing levels but one would think either restrict submissions (i.e. don't go to as many shows - I know that would reduce how many I send in as I only submit at shows) or staff up to handle the inflows. Are they in same building as Beckett? what are their TATs like - has to be fairly similar grading process so some synergies?? - poach people from there when TATs are huge to move product along???

Customer service and TATs - pretty sure that is what they will get back from the survey - and if they didn't know that's really bad!!!

Don't know for certain but the TAT hold-ups seemed to be related to pressing submissions (for the most) and having enough qualified graders. Data monkeys that are just entering information are easy to get. But pressing and grading can only happen so fast. Many (myself included) believe CBCS more reliable graders. If that's true, you'd expect them to be taking the appropriate time to really look through the submissions. How many books can a single grader handle in a day? I have no idea, but I'm guessing it's closer to A dozen than dozens. Person in another threat submitted 138 comics at SC. That one submitter, only paying around $20/submission is taking how many days of grader time? Times how many fanboys? Not saying it's great, but the fixes aren't necessarily clear.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I never got it. :/
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
One wonders just how much informations can be gleaned from three simple questions.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
IGOTNOTHING!

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't receive a survey or a coupon! What is going on?
Post 26 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim Did you submit any books to them this year? They only sent them to people who haven’t submitted anything in roughly 12 months to entice them back.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Funny this; I have submitted books but still got the email.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
We all know how this works...they are trying to gain NEW customers...existing clients are already clients.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@SpiderTim Did you submit any books to them this year? They only sent them to people who haven’t submitted anything in roughly 12 months to entice them back.

I haven't submitted books to CBCS in over 12 months.
Post 30 IP   flag post
253863 150 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute