Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Show your best PERSONALISED sigs8578

Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all.. This is something that interests me but I've not often seen on these forums.. Has anyone got that one special message from a writer / artist / icon on one of their books that they will forever adore?

Is there a tale behind the comment worth sharing ?

In my part of the world, comic cons are rare enough, let alone getting anyone notable to attend so for me actually seeing an artist / creator I greatly respect etc is something I may not get the chance to do.. I would jump on an opportunity to chew the fat for even 5 minutes with someone like Todd mcfarlane one day, get him to sign something, take a photo and the icing on the cake for me would be to and walk a way with not just a signature but a great personal comment to boot that I'll be able to share with kids / grandkids etc..

As I have none of my own, please share me yours and might even generate an idea of how to get a great comment should I ever get the chance
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector richgarc private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

one of my favorites is joe shuster, had Stan sign my ff1, Todd was sooo cool and gracious, he just loves his fans and loves to talk to them
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The signature on the bottom right is from the late great Richard Hatch. He wassuch an awesome guy, I remember once I saw him at SDCC when I was young and had forgotten my wallet, he was geacious enough to give me an old BSG comic he had with him and signed it for free and he loved discussing the merits of science fiction with his fans

I had paid for this print from Tim Bradstreet in advance at SDCC. He thought he had left them in his other binder of prints at his home. Conventions came and went and he still wouldn’t bring it till about a year or so later, just before my 30th birthday, he just invited my friend (who was visiting from Australia) and I to his home (he lives not too far from me) to hang out and finally get the print for me. Turns out that he had removed the print from his folder because he wasn’t happy with the brightness/contrast so while we were at his home he brings up the art on his computer, makes the adjustments then and there and prints it up for me.

The personalization, “see you in Vancouver” refers to the fact that my friend and I were about to take a trip up the pnw into Vancouver, BC, where Tim’s friend/Punisher actor/Nick Fury model happened to be filming the movie The Predator at the time. Tim had tried calling him up to see about maybe arranging to visit Tom on set while we were up there, which didn’t end up happening but I did see Tom at SDCC the same year to get his signature.

Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
The man...

Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get personalized signatures. Personally.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Really proud to have this one from Rick Parker. Mr. Parker has helped me immensely over the years through his artwork as well as through his friendship. He also made me this custom card of Beavis and Butthead to help keep the laughs coming on the darker days.

Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The man...

Very cool!

on a side note I read somewhere a long time ago that Evel Knievel had a relative named Awful Knofel....hilarious if true.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine in the UK knows Charlie Adlard and got this for me as a gift.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
The signature on the bottom right is from the late great Richard Hatch. He wassuch an awesome guy, I remember once I saw him at SDCC when I was young and had forgotten my wallet, he was geacious enough to give me an old BSG comic he had with him and signed it for free and he loved discussing the merits of science fiction with his fans

I had paid for this print from Tim Bradstreet in advance at SDCC. He thought he had left them in his other binder of prints at his home. Conventions came and went and he still wouldn’t bring it till about a year or so later, just before my 30th birthday, he just invited my friend (who was visiting from Australia) and I to his home (he lives not too far from me) to hang out and finally get the print for me. Turns out that he had removed the print from his folder because he wasn’t happy with the brightness/contrast so while we were at his home he brings up the art on his computer, makes the adjustments then and there and prints it up for me.

The personalization, “see you in Vancouver” refers to the fact that my friend and I were about to take a trip up the pnw into Vancouver, BC, where Tim’s friend/Punisher actor/Nick Fury model happened to be filming the movie The Predator at the time. Tim had tried calling him up to see about maybe arranging to visit Tom on set while we were up there, which didn’t end up happening but I did see Tom at SDCC the same year to get his signature.

that's a great little sstory.
Post 10 IP   flag post
How about a piece of original artwork??? Done by Andy Lanning.

Post 11 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
That Don Rosa's a crusty ol' guy, isn't he? I got a signed print from him a couple years ago. He insisted on inscribing it, because otherwise "people just put 'em on eBay and sell 'em in Europe. My signature goes for crazy amounts in Europe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Post 13 IP   flag post
A friend of mine went to a booksigning that David Morrell was doing. He got Mr. Morrell to sign these two Rambos for me (along with some other books). Mr. Morrell had never seen these and said that they were probably not licensed Rambo merchandise. But he went ahead and signed them. He added "the father of Rambo" in Spanish also. It's not personalized to me, but it is a pretty cool inscription!!

Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
That Don Rosa's a crusty ol' guy, isn't he? I got a signed print from him a couple years ago. He insisted on inscribing it, because otherwise "people just put 'em on eBay and sell 'em in Europe. My signature goes for crazy amounts in Europe."

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

He did that standing at the booth (Dale Roberts Comics) where I was working in San Diego. He was a little cantankerous, but overall friendly. That was the first year ever of any CBCS presence at SDCC. The stars aligned at I got a Magica De Spell sketch.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Not on a comic, but I'm happy

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Here is a print Neal Adams did for me. He sketched the Batman and signed upon my request to me. I knew it was staying in my collection. I also asked him for the pencil that he did the sketch with being it was getting small and it was the end of a Friday night that I had him draw it. I think he did it about 3 years ago at Motor City Comic Con.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I have hundreds of raw comics signed by Mike Royer, and most of the time he signs, "COMICLY- MIKE ROYER".

I purchased this piece from him, and asked him to make it "COSMICLY...". He got a kick out of that.

Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I grin ear to ear every time I look at this It should be a freakin' cover!

Post 19 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
601280 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?