Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Showcase8565

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I picked this up today and I must say this cover is one of my favorites. It’s at least a 9.0 or better in opinion it’s just awesome. What do you all think? Sorry just had to tell some someone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
It is hard to tell for sure when the book is inside the bag and board.

With that said black covers do not hide many flaws.

Looks like a nice book.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
It looks like a nice clean book from what we csn see.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head
Nice! Are you going to have it graded? If so, will you have it pressed before submission?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector MezComics private msg quote post Address this user
That is a great looking cover.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool book!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head - Beautiful copy!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless of the actual grade that is a beautiful looking cover! Congrats
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
killer copy!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Is this how the Earth became flat?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Never owned that book, now I will have to
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiebigfoot
@Zombie_Head
Nice! Are you going to have it graded? If so, will you have it pressed before submission?

I’m thinking about sending it to have it cleaned and press and graded. I also picked up Strange Adventures 205 it has spine roll but other than that not a bad book not as high grade as this one. I’ll post more pics of this one and of strange adventures. When I bought this book I got my friend dahmer for free with it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head LOVE♥️♥️♥️♥️ this cover. The Spectre is probably my favorite comic character and this cover has been one of my favorites since long before I even knew which comic it was from. Nice grab.

@doog I have a 9.4 copy that I'm considering posting for sale soon. If I do, I'll let you know.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Here are pics of the showcase and my friend dahmer plus strange adventures. Tell me what you all think these will grade out with a press and clean. Please and thank you all.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Is this how the Earth became flat?

Pressing will only take a book so far.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch ... goodbye, South America.

Nice books. I would guess, with a good press, they will be: 9.0 for the Spectre (unless, is that a scratch on the cover, near the red guy's back?); 9.4 or 9.6 for the Dahmer (unless that vertical line near the "D" on the left side is a flaw); and maybe a 6.5 for the #205.
Post 16 IP   flag post
601246 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?