Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector jgzachary13 private msg quote post Address this user
Have any of you framed comics? When you bring contrast and color to the framing, you accent the comic (or painting/picture). Yellow helps a signature series label pop. I have seen some colored stands that match the comic to add flavor when displaying the comic. If you love the artistic work (in addition to the content), why wouldn’t you enjoy adding something to accent the beauty of the comic and artwork?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Looking into adding the avengers label to my Avengers 684. Apparently when you add the special label it not just costs you $5, but it puts it into another tier such that it automatically charges $12 shipping. So it’s really costing $17 for the first label.

And if Choose different labels for different comics (like avengers for one, iron man for another) the two character labels are also separate tiers....another $12 shipping!

And oddly enough when i add fast pass for some and not for others in the same order form, it doesn’t put them into separate tiers for shipping...the shipping cost is the same as if they were all fast pass or none. Very odd as I’d think breaking up a fast pass and non-fast pass would force he orders to ship separately.

Going to call them tomorrow. See whats what and make some sense of it.

Anyone else run into this?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdod3
I think the labels are a fantastic idea from CGC. They are a business. Their entire purpose to to make money, and they are succeeding.

People on this forum can complain and slander them all they want, but we are still sending our money to a company that promises to get our books back to us in 20-40 business months. Seems ridiculous to trash another company for offering collectors label options for their books at a premium cost. No different from going to a car wash and paying an extra $2 for hot lava wax.
I think it would be libel in a written form, not slander.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I think it would be libel in a written form, not slander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XscaGDxuQqE
Post 29 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Looking into adding the avengers label to my Avengers 684. Apparently when you add the special label it not just costs you $5, but it puts it into another tier such that it automatically charges $12 shipping. So it’s really costing $17 for the first label.

And if Choose different labels for different comics (like avengers for one, iron man for another) the two character labels are also separate tiers....another $12 shipping!

And oddly enough when i add fast pass for some and not for others in the same order form, it doesn’t put them into separate tiers for shipping...the shipping cost is the same as if they were all fast pass or none. Very odd as I’d think breaking up a fast pass and non-fast pass would force he orders to ship separately.

Going to call them tomorrow. See whats what and make some sense of it.

Anyone else run into this?

I did five comics when they first came out: four Spider-man label and one Avengers label. I knew going in that they are a separate tier, but I didn't have your experience, with TWO separate tiers. That said, I haven't got them back yet, or seen the final price. But on my forms they are listed together as one submission of five comics. (I sent them in with ~50 others for a pre-screen, but didn't do pre-screen on the special labels. So my one submission now shows up on my dashboard as three submissions: 5, 25, and 23.)
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Got it ironed out. It’s one tier across the different labels. I must’ve messed it up.

It’s still a different tier than a regular label which is misleading when they say “only $5!!!” But whatever. It’s because the fancy label is processed differently.....goes somewhere else (likely across the hall, lol.)
Post 31 IP   flag post
597922 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?