Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Tracking TAT: The Crow 1, 2, 3, 4 (1989) + Caliber Presents 1 (1989)8447

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm tracking my CBCS submission for The Crow 1,2,3,4 (1989) + Caliber Presents 1 (1989).

Tier: Modern: With Press, No Fast Pass
Submitted: Feb 20, 2019
Will Be Mailed: Feb 21, 2019

I will post pictures of front covers later today.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
I would imagine at least 4-5 months.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
4-5 months with no fast pass or press would be an improvement right?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I think they're closing in on 4 months...I've seen people posting about early October submissions coming back. I have some from end of October so I should be into grading in a few weeks I hope.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 submissions I handed in this past Sunday. 3 books with press and 3 books with no press - none with fast pass - might start my own tracker??
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
...and while you are waiting....here is a picture of one of very few, 1st editions - w/KS printing error (with memorial page upside down)...and it is signed - upside down by J. O'Barr.

Cool stuff - too bad it is in 2.0-3.0 condition. Still cool to me.

Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I've added the pics of my Crow books. I want to make a change to my submission after seeing my books. Can I add the Pressing service to my existing order @SteveRicketts ? I still have my comics in my possession.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Those books would absolutely benefit from a press. I wouldn’t submit them without it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@GAC

Those books would absolutely benefit from a press. I wouldn’t submit them without it.

I agree completely!

I just need to find out if I can modify my order to add pressing and send them to Steve. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I hope that you can, but I tried to add Fast Pass to an order after CBCS received it. They told me that they could not alter the order after it was in the system. I think that it would be very beneficial to CBCS to update the system so that they could. Again, I would try and I hope that you can.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@mrelowe

Luckily, @GAC hasn’t sent them off yet.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
@GAC I hope that you can, but I tried to add Fast Pass to an order after CBCS received it. They told me that they could not alter the order after it was in the system. I think that it would be very beneficial to CBCS to update the system so that they could. Again, I would try and I hope that you can.

they probably can't alter the order because as soon as the books enter the facility they start processing them....you know....cause TATs are so fast!!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
@GAC

I agree completely!

I just need to find out if I can modify my order to add pressing and send them to Steve. I'm going to call customer service tomorrow.

Your original post says you are not mailing the books out until 2/20. Tomorrow.

Just redo your submission online including pressing. You can email customer service and ask them to void your first submission in their system. The submission paperwork with your books will be the submission CBCS uses.

CBCS needs to do as the other grading services do. Which is that submissions don't become "real" in their system until actually received. PGX is still paper. CGC issues a phony/temporary/pseudo number. The real submission tracking number isn't generated and entered into their workflow management system until books are actually received.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@mrelowe

Luckily, @GAC hasn’t sent them off yet.

Great. Totally missed this but that means it’s not too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan

Your original post says you are not mailing the books out until 2/20. Tomorrow.

Just redo your submission online including pressing. You can email customer service and ask them to void your first submission in their system. The submission paperwork with your books will be the submission CBCS uses.

I agree. But before I would do anything, I would contact them to see the best course of action. Either way you will be contacting them. Better to do that first.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I emailed CBCS customer service requesting them to delete my first submission.

I then created another submission for the same books which now include Pressing.

I will be mailing these books to Florida for @SteveRicketts to work his magic.

I look forward to posting after slab photos.

I feel Steve will be able to iron out most of what I see. Any guesses on grades?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Package received by Canada Post....on it's way to 4500 140th Ave N. Florida for Pressing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
CP expected delivery to CBCS Pressing: Feb 27, 2019
Post 17 IP   flag post
Package: Florida: Out for Delivery: Nov 26, 2019
Post 18 IP   flag post
Week 0: Feb 27, 2019: Status: Submitted: Modern Tier: Pressing: Successful Delivery
Post 19 IP   flag post
March 1, 2019: Status Received/Billing
Post 20 IP   flag post
March 4, 2019: Status: Received
Post 21 IP   flag post
March 14th: Mailed other batch of books sent across the street. No press/Grade only.

Spidey: 13, 14, 15, 20
FF 4, 48
Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
CGC: Received March 20: Grade only
CBCS: Received: Press and Grade
Post 24 IP   flag post
March 22, 2019
CBCS: Received/Billing: Press n' Grade
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector N3XTLVL313 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
March 22, 2019

would love that 15
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3XTLVL313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
March 22, 2019

would love that 15

Thanks!...I think the Spidey 15 will get a 4.5 grade....the Spidey 14 will likely get a 1.0.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I just got around to reading ‘The Crow’ graphic novel for the first time last week. It was so raw, and I really enjoyed the art.

A Caliber Presents #1 has been on my list for a long time, but after actually reading the book, I’ll be giving it a little higher priority.
Post 28 IP   flag post
March 23, 2019
CGC Status: Scheduled for Grading
CBCS Status: Received/Billing: Press n' Grade
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Ramirezgolf1 private msg quote post Address this user
I hope you get better grades than I did. The Crow is a fantastic read. I’m glad I picked them up back in the mid 90’s.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597877 48 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?