Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Personal AW application process8388

Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?

Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?

I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??

Oh, yeah, cbcs is there...so how does that work if I want an authorized signature from simon bisely or Larry Hama? Do I get it signed and then go to the drop off? New to this stuff stil
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Talk to them first before getting any signatures.
I got approved as a authorized witness for myself at east coast so Im not sure how its going to work.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson Probably best to drop by the booth first and check with them.

I think there are basically 2 ways it goes down...you can leave your books with the guys at the booth and they will get the sigs for you (not sure if this is still done) or they will accompany you or depending on the line up you give them a call and they join you to witness the books being signed.

Definitely go by the booth first though...can't imagine you could show up saying I just got these signed without them knowing what was going on. - opens up a chance for dirty dealings
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson the one time I got witnessed sigs at a convention CBCS was at, I went to the booth first and they had someone come with me. It wasn't a busy show though; I'm not sure what they'll do if East Coast is packed with long lines. But I would definitely go before getting the signatures because otherwise you're asking for verified instead of witnessed.
Post 55 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, yeah, cbcs is there...so how does that work if I want an authorized signature from simon bisely or Larry Hama? Do I get it signed and then go to the drop off? New to this stuff stil

Yes, you have to go to the booth first. If a witness isn’t there when the book is signed, it can’t get a yellow label.

You go to the booth and let them know you need a witness for a signing. They’ll send someone with you to witness the signing and then walk the book back to the booth.

If it’s going to be a busy signing with a long wait, stop by the booth and let them know. They’ll likely give you someone’s phone number and ask you to give them a call when you’re approaching the end of the line so they can meet you at the end of the line to witness the signing
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

CBCS will have 4 tables at hero’s con but I was approved as an authorized witness even with 4 tables so not sure that them having a table is any reason to deny someone AW application? But I’m also a disabled vet with a service dog so I think it kinda depends on circumstances of why you want to be an AW? I’m sure it’s up to there discretion who they approve it to and it can be for any reason they want I’m sure because last I looked they didn’t provide a list of disqualifying reasons! They also do a background check which can cost $1 and you can find out anything about anyone in detail! Just my thoughts not trying to be negative
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
I have a number of exclusives pre-ordered from 2 different overseas artists.

I'm hoping to have these signed and shipped in for grading upon receipt here in the states.

What's the proper process to go about this?

I'm a Notary Public and I've done AWs for other events in the past, but nothing with an overseas artist/mail in private signing. I submitted a request through the new process a few days ago for one of these, but hoping to make sure I'm doing things right before I get ahead of myself and end up with signed books that I can't yellow label. Does the artist simply provide the Signature/Sketch form used previously? Is there something new?

Appreciate any info/clarification.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
I have a number of exclusives pre-ordered from 2 different overseas artists.

I'm hoping to have these signed and shipped in for grading upon receipt here in the states.

What's the proper process to go about this?

I'd really love any information on this since one of these requests for a signing was approved while the 2nd was not.
Post 59 IP   flag post
237343 59 9
destitute