Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Personal AW application process8388

Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?


Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?


Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??

Oh, yeah, cbcs is there...so how does that work if I want an authorized signature from simon bisely or Larry Hama? Do I get it signed and then go to the drop off? New to this stuff stil
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Talk to them first before getting any signatures.
I got approved as a authorized witness for myself at east coast so Im not sure how its going to work.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson Probably best to drop by the booth first and check with them.

I think there are basically 2 ways it goes down...you can leave your books with the guys at the booth and they will get the sigs for you (not sure if this is still done) or they will accompany you or depending on the line up you give them a call and they join you to witness the books being signed.

Definitely go by the booth first though...can't imagine you could show up saying I just got these signed without them knowing what was going on. - opens up a chance for dirty dealings
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson the one time I got witnessed sigs at a convention CBCS was at, I went to the booth first and they had someone come with me. It wasn't a busy show though; I'm not sure what they'll do if East Coast is packed with long lines. But I would definitely go before getting the signatures because otherwise you're asking for verified instead of witnessed.
Post 55 IP   flag post


COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?


Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??

Oh, yeah, cbcs is there...so how does that work if I want an authorized signature from simon bisely or Larry Hama? Do I get it signed and then go to the drop off? New to this stuff stil


Yes, you have to go to the booth first. If a witness isn’t there when the book is signed, it can’t get a yellow label.

You go to the booth and let them know you need a witness for a signing. They’ll send someone with you to witness the signing and then walk the book back to the booth.

If it’s going to be a busy signing with a long wait, stop by the booth and let them know. They’ll likely give you someone’s phone number and ask you to give them a call when you’re approaching the end of the line so they can meet you at the end of the line to witness the signing
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?


Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??
CBCS will have 4 tables at hero’s con but I was approved as an authorized witness even with 4 tables so not sure that them having a table is any reason to deny someone AW application? But I’m also a disabled vet with a service dog so I think it kinda depends on circumstances of why you want to be an AW? I’m sure it’s up to there discretion who they approve it to and it can be for any reason they want I’m sure because last I looked they didn’t provide a list of disqualifying reasons! They also do a background check which can cost $1 and you can find out anything about anyone in detail! Just my thoughts not trying to be negative
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
I have a number of exclusives pre-ordered from 2 different overseas artists.

I'm hoping to have these signed and shipped in for grading upon receipt here in the states.

What's the proper process to go about this?

I'm a Notary Public and I've done AWs for other events in the past, but nothing with an overseas artist/mail in private signing. I submitted a request through the new process a few days ago for one of these, but hoping to make sure I'm doing things right before I get ahead of myself and end up with signed books that I can't yellow label. Does the artist simply provide the Signature/Sketch form used previously? Is there something new?

Appreciate any info/clarification.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector fivestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestar
I have a number of exclusives pre-ordered from 2 different overseas artists.

I'm hoping to have these signed and shipped in for grading upon receipt here in the states.

What's the proper process to go about this?



I'd really love any information on this since one of these requests for a signing was approved while the 2nd was not.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector TechnoDjinn private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've got this book, and bearing in mind CBCS does not encapsulate magazines,yet. The book is DKIII book one deluxe edition signed by Jim Lee and Frank Miller at NYCC 2016 with a COA. I want to get the signatures verified but also want to add an ASP signature to it of Brian Azzerello who is visiting Comic Con Africa this year. Question, If and when CBCS starts encapsulating magazines (or books bigger than a regular comic book) what colour label will it get, taking into consideration that 2 signatures will be verified (VSP) and one will be authenticated (ASP)? Or will all three signatures have to be verified under the VSP program?



I know, probably the wrong forum topic to ask on!😁
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Buzbe private msg quote post Address this user
Never hurts to ask, the dumbest questions if one that’s never asked.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@xkonk This is limited. The OP doesn't mention it, but not all applications are approved. In fact, very few are, and there is a vetting process. The only thing that has been streamlined is the application process.
will this new application and process mean I need to fill out another application if I was already approved almost two months ago for hero’s con coming up??? 🤔
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@xkonk This is limited. The OP doesn't mention it, but not all applications are approved. In fact, very few are, and there is a vetting process. The only thing that has been streamlined is the application process.
will this new application and process mean I need to fill out another application if I was already approved almost two months ago for hero’s con coming up??? 🤔
i already received a unique ID number for my submissions
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector AaronDodd private msg quote post Address this user
I sent the application for Planet Comicon 2020 and have not heard a response yet. Is there a timeframe for hearing back?
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDodd
I sent the application for Planet Comicon 2020 and have not heard a response yet. Is there a timeframe for hearing back?


For some reason I though that they won't approve until closer to the date - like 3 months out??

For something in 2020 you would also probably have to wait to see if CBCS will be attending before they would approve any AW process.
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd private msg quote post Address this user
If I could make a suggestion - if an application for personal AW is denied due to other approved witnesses already being there, it would be great to get information on which facilitators have been approved for the show in order to contact them for services.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
Your denial has nothing to do with facilitators being there as they have a different application and must submit 500 or more books a year to facilitate😉. That’s why facilitators can offer to have a raw book that was already signed a week before hang on to it for another week and still get it yellow label for you. Your application was most likely denied because if I’m not mistaken they only allow so many AW at a time at one convention. AW’s and facilitators are different 👍 plus the rules plainly state you can not get other people’s books signed for them as an AW sorry 🤷‍♂️. Only a facilitator can take your books and have them signed for you👍 Hope this helps
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
And it would be a good idea to apply 2 months in advance to the event. They can still deny your application if you fail the background check or any other reason they want to. Plus I think you have to submit a minimum of five books at the event to be approved. When I did it I had to list all the sigs and number of books I was doing on the application. But I’m pretty sure you have to list a minimum of five books or the number your getting signed
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector soonerjudd private msg quote post Address this user
@VirgincollectorQuote:
Originally Posted by Virgincollector
Your denial has nothing to do with facilitators being there as they have a different application and must submit 500 or more books a year to facilitate😉. That’s why facilitators can offer to have a raw book that was already signed a week before hang on to it for another week and still get it yellow label for you. Your application was most likely denied because if I’m not mistaken they only allow so many AW at a time at one convention. AW’s and facilitators are different 👍 plus the rules plainly state you can not get other people’s books signed for them as an AW sorry 🤷‍♂️. Only a facilitator can take your books and have them signed for you👍 Hope this helps


That’s exactly my point, though. If my application for AW is denied (for whatever reason), I’d love to know what the options are for getting yellow label sigs at the show.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Virgincollector private msg quote post Address this user
If your denied and CBCS is not at the show then I suggest CGC 🤷‍♂️ 😉
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector LemonMonster private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like I was denied for SDCC 2019 (always was approved by Mark Roman since 2016) so looks like I'll be doing CGC for grading. Not going to go to one side of the convention center to grab a witness for every single signature at different times. CBCS is in an area (spot 706) that doesn't make sense to be in the convention center, might be out of their hands but CGC are in two prime locations (spots 901 and 4315).
Post 71 IP   flag post
248087 71 21
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute