Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New Personal AW application process8388

Collector Jklugh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@xkonk This is limited. The OP doesn't mention it, but not all applications are approved. In fact, very few are, and there is a vetting process. The only thing that has been streamlined is the application process.
Does that me we might not get approved even if we were approved before?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Also if I'm going to local comic book signing should I Mark private signing?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I got my AW approval overnight sometime. Looks like it is really streamlined now.

If I understand correctly there is no paperwork involved for submitting to CBCS now with your books and the approval date / event for AW is tied to your e-mail address you use for submissions. That should really help them with processing time as I remember missing paperwork with submissions was an issue before.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector JLA555 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my AW approval
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
How far in advance should we request our AW?? I have a dinner in early June!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
How far in advance should we request our AW?? I have a dinner in early June!

My approval was for June 20th...(I had the NFCC one done last year).
Post 31 IP   flag post
@KatKomics asap so you know you have it
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector joker7596 private msg quote post Address this user
Just to clarify, if I would become an AW, would I be eligible to witness my own books being signed, or just other peoples? Not sure if that's considered a conflict of interest or not.
Post 33 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@joker7596 You would ONLY be able to witness books for yourself. To witness for other people you would have to be a facilitator.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector joker7596 private msg quote post Address this user
@TimBildhauser Oh thats actually even better. I'm considering going to Awesomecon depending on who shows up, thanks for the info!
Post 35 IP   flag post
How would someone become a facilitator?
Post 36 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
@Jklugh There's a vetting process (we don't approve just anyone for it) and annual submission volume requirements.
Post 37 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking of facilitators, could you send me a PM with a link to the site I need to sign up for the shows I am planning to attend this year?

I sent an e-mail to Steve Paulus with my AW forms but he told me that is no longer the process.

Steve said Jake would send me an e-mail with the link but I haven't received anything yet.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
It looks like this is intended for individual events? Would a person have to apply for each event or would AW status just stick once approved?

The bit about the end about submitting your books to CBCS doesn't make sense to me. If CBCS is at an event why would you ever need to witness your own books? I can't see a circumstance outside of CBCS failing to staff properly. The only reason I could see CBCS allowing someone to witness their own signatures is if neither CBCS nor a listed facilitator is at the event at all. Or to put it another way, the only expected way for CBCS to get self-witnessed books should be through the mail.

CBCS was at an event that I once attended but did not have enough witnesses. I had over 40 books all in different celebrities (Mayhew, Bernthal, Ming Wa, Etc) and I explained the trouble of having to grab witness and wait in line.. all of a sudden I was introduced to the AW Sheet... If CBCS is at the event, I let them earn their $$ if I have 10-15 books, but at the same time I am not going to be a jerk if I've brought over 30 books, I'll bring my paperwork in those circumstances.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I applied and was approved to be an AW for a small con where CBCS would not be present. The approval came in the form of an e-mail from CBCS which stated in part, "There is no longer a need for any authorized witness paperwork to turn in with...your order...as your application, and approval are tied to your approval number. Your approval number is XXX."

Got the sigs I wanted and sent in my submission with the invoice.

Upon receiving the submission, CBCS sent me an e-mail stating that there was no AW paperwork with my submission and could not continue to process the order without it.

I e-mailed back a PDF of the authorization e-mail and they quickly responded that the order was being processed. But requested in the future that I write my Approval number on the order form in the future, so the people receiving it can see it.

No big deal, but there doesn't appear to be a place to fill this in with the On-Line form. (If I missed it, please let me know.) I guess it could be input after the name of the signature, but not sure if that is best or if it would get over looked. If I do this again, I'll just write it in red sharpie somewhere on the invoice.

This is more of a heads up for anyone else who will be a AW and have to mail in submissions. Also, FYI to those at CBCS that might not be aware of this and maybe it can be added to the form.
Post 40 IP   flag post
CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar I messaged the receiving department about that, and it was done in error. We have all of the approvals in a database, so there shouldn't be any more of those emails going out asking for paperwork.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
@Lonestar I messaged the receiving department about that, and it was done in error. We have all of the approvals in a database, so there shouldn't be any more of those emails going out asking for paperwork.
Thanks for coordinating with the receiving department.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
How often do you need to request approval to be an AW?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
How often do you need to request approval to be an AW?

I believe the AW is only good for 1 event
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics thank for the info
Post 45 IP   flag post
I think I got approved for a private signing but erased the email. Is there anyway I can find out? I don't want to send the books in with the witnessed price and then owe for the Verified price.
Post 46 IP   flag post
CBCS Jake_Fleming private msg quote post Address this user
@Jklugh Just sent the email to you again.
Post 47 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Jake,

When I sent my AW forms to Steve Paulus a couple months ago he told me to expect an email from you regarding the new process I need to follow as a facilitator to sign up for upcoming shows.

Please let me know what I need to do going forward.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Fleming
@Jklugh Just sent the email to you again.
Thank you sir. That was the right one
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
I was denied for east coast comic con. I dont understand why based on the brevity of the application. Is it just too many people? Am I a terrible human being. Is it because Rob Liefield blocked me on twitter?

Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson

Is it because CBCS is going to be there too??
I would expect a denial if CBCS is also there unless you have a private dinner or something where they will not be present.

Or, alternatively...is this one of those Cons where CGC has exclusive rights including no AW etc. from other companies??

Oh, yeah, cbcs is there...so how does that work if I want an authorized signature from simon bisely or Larry Hama? Do I get it signed and then go to the drop off? New to this stuff stil
Post 52 IP   flag post
Talk to them first before getting any signatures.
I got approved as a authorized witness for myself at east coast so Im not sure how its going to work.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Enelson Probably best to drop by the booth first and check with them.

I think there are basically 2 ways it goes down...you can leave your books with the guys at the booth and they will get the sigs for you (not sure if this is still done) or they will accompany you or depending on the line up you give them a call and they join you to witness the books being signed.

Definitely go by the booth first though...can't imagine you could show up saying I just got these signed without them knowing what was going on. - opens up a chance for dirty dealings
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson the one time I got witnessed sigs at a convention CBCS was at, I went to the booth first and they had someone come with me. It wasn't a busy show though; I'm not sure what they'll do if East Coast is packed with long lines. But I would definitely go before getting the signatures because otherwise you're asking for verified instead of witnessed.
Post 55 IP   flag post
237775 60 30
destitute