Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
If you haven’t bought from Ed @esavaro before - this is what you are missing out

Tells a lot about a collector who buy them when release and then protects them well throughout all these years. Also tells a lot about how he ships. Remember. These books were shipped from US to Hong Kong, inspected 1 by 1 , then shipped to presser before submitting.

So kudos to Ed.

FYI - books were pressed by Joe @CFP_Comics

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
That’s great, Keld. I knew they were all 9.8 candidates, but to go 12 for 12 is even better than I would have hoped for! I knew I should have held out for more money! lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
My collection is like a speck of dirt from a bathroom floor embedded in bubble gum and stuck to the bottom of a homeless man's worn out shoes compared to Esaravo's collection.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
That’s great, Keld. I knew they were all 9.8 candidates, but to go 12 for 12 is even better than I would have hoped for! I knew I should have held out for more money! lol

Someone should design a a sticker which says from the Ed Esavaro collection, then I would stick it to the slabs
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
My collection is like a speck of dirt from a bathroom floor embedded in bubble gum and stuck to the bottom of a homeless man's worn out shoes compared to Esaravo's collection.

I am dying laughing right now!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Ed gets two thumbs up from me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Ed gets two thumbs up from me.

Thanks, Corey. You’re a good guy to buy from too!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
All 9.8 run. Very impressive.
Post 8 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations, @poka.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for a for sale list from you, @esaravo. 😊
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
That's pretty cool, congrats.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka

Well I'm sure Joey had something to do with guaranteeing those 9.8's!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Brilliant!! Love reading stories like this!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Write a book, Ed. We all need to learn from the master
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Someone should design a a sticker which says from the Ed Esavaro collection, then I would stick it to the slabs

Agreed! Ive been to his house...I've seen his books...and am I correct Ed, in that you're pretty much the original owner of most of your collection ? I hand pick 2018's off the shelf and they come back 9.4's
Post 14 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ed in the 80's!!!!

Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

Well I'm sure Joey had something to do with guaranteeing those 9.8's!

There was 1 book ((#7) which def was not 9.8 before press. Quick press not full press
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
bodes well for me
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Watcher - Yes, I am the original owner of most (but not all) of the BA and early CA books in my collection. But please remember that 9.8’s are exceptions, not the rule.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with all of the above posts.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I love getting books from @esaravo! He's always a pleasure work with!

@CFP_Comics is also solid!

Very nice grades, Keld!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Traded with Ed a couple times. Always great books and great to work with.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Anyone up for a Bronze Age flash sale in a day or two?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I’m always up for a sale.
Post 23 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Sure!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo love me some Flash!!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Okay, so far I have scanned about 120 comics. These are Copper and Bronze Age random comics from my collection that are mostly in high grade condition, with prices starting at $2. There will be individual comics as well as groupings and sets for sale. Marvel, DC, Eclipse, Epic, First, Pacific, and many other publishers are included. There will also be a couple of free books for active buyers. The mix is definitely eclectic and there should be something for everyone’s tastes.

The sale will start tomorrow night at 8 pm (EST). Set your timers!
Post 26 IP   flag post
@esaravo Kirby?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@esaravo Kirby?

One of your fellow CBCS forum users has done some serious damage to my Kirby collection.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Kirby? Is he new?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Here is my Kirby.
Ed, I will be looking forward to this evening's sale.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601305 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?