Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Has anybody seen these? Has anyone used them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIEfFLUhDgk
Post 1 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
That video confused me...was not able to watch it to the end. Was he going to warp wrap his entire comic box in a cocoon of plastic envelopment?? Safe from future vultures/predatory birds?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Guys used bags like that out at sea to keep the amine smell out of their civilian clothes.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I could see if I didn't plan on accessing my books but I usually go through my boxes 1 or 2 times a year??
Might be beneficial if they were waterproof for the bottom layer or two?? Doesn't sound like they are water proof though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I think these bags will be awful for anyone's valuable collection as they will only help keep gases that the paper releases trapped within the box and comics!

Comics have to breath!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Great. Unstable plastic that releases chemicals as it breaks down over time. Sheesh! That is garbage in my opinion. They can't even make a bag that is the right shape to fit snug?!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by X51
Great. Unstable plastic that releases chemicals as it breaks down over time. Sheesh! That is garbage in my opinion. They can't even make a bag that is the right shape to fit snug?!

Don’t forget your trapping in any acids and off gassing of the cardboard box. I’m not sure I’f that would also accelerate the aging process.

Seems like a bad idea. They took a bag made for storing clothes and fabrics, threw in some moisture absorbers and a fancy looking sticker (that didn’t seem to want to adhere to,the side of the box), then try to pass it off as some great thing for comics.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The only change I would make to this video is where he is putting the short box into this clear garbage bag and says “if you rip the bag, it’s worthless.” I would have him be more honest and say “if you rip or don’t rip the bag, it’s worthless.”
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
if you vacuum too much air out you'll ruin your comics. it'll create a "raisin" effect on your books and because your books are in the box you'll never know if you did.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Wow...I am amused at the level of instruction the guy displayed. I would never use that -accessibility is key and I would rather have the boxes inside Rubbermaid totes . Imagine the suckers buying this stuff? Anyone remember the “space bags” from 1980s tv commercials? clickable text
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
Wow...I am amused at the level of instruction the guy displayed. I would never use that -accessibility is key and I would rather have the boxes inside Rubbermaid totes . Imagine the suckers buying this stuff? Anyone remember the “space bags” from 1980s tv commercials? clickable text

They are reselling the space bags! man...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed the bad layout and typos on the presentation graphics most of all.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Has anybody seen these? Has anyone used them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIEfFLUhDgk

LOL! I'm an advocate for proactively protecting comics, but as safe sects goes, this is an epic fail.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600755 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?