Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What Causes This to Happen?8233

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
So this comic arrives new (was released a week or two ago) and when I remove it from it's fresh bag with board it appears as if the ink has been lifted off the back cover along the spine by the board.

I see this on occasion. Anyone know why this happens? Black covers seem to be the most frequent offenders.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Because, in an effort to save money, comic companies are using cheaper and cheaper materials to make their books.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
So this comic arrives new (was released a week or two ago) and when I remove it from it's fresh bag with board it appears as if the ink has been lifted off the back cover along the spine by the board.

I see this on occasion. Anyone know why this happens? Black covers seem to be the most frequent offenders.

Remember that before books reach the shops - books are shipped raw. What you have could happen a lot of different ways include if comics are rubbed against each other.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The rub is pretty common on IDW books. I see it a lot when my new Transformers comics arrive.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
“Hot off the press” and into the plastic. Looks like the ink didn’t even get a chance to dry 😆
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector dameki private msg quote post Address this user
Happens all the time with Marvel subscriptions. Cheap shipping along with the post man just sling it around causing the book to shift and the paint to rub off onto the board. I did a video about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLbHdpSzzE
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Dameki, thanks for sharing your video. God stuff. nuff said...
Post 7 IP   flag post
600689 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?