Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Restoration not noted on label8222

Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@matterus023 my post was not meant to be an attack, hence the question of intent.

What I donโ€™t understand is why the source is a secret

It's being advertised as unrestored...

https://incognitocomics.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=149&product_id=3321
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm that's a shame. Happens to all of us. This one elluded me as well because there is a tiny bit of map pencils color touch at middle spine.

I sent it back to cgc and they are doing the restoration removal for me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector matterus023 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@matterus023 my post was not meant to be an attack, hence the question of intent.

What I donโ€™t understand is why the source is a secret

I have been on social media for long enough now to see some outrageous things said off the back of nothing.

So where I can I choose not to bring anyone's name up directly incase someone tries to attack them for no reason.

That is the only reason why ๐Ÿ‘
Post 28 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
After having the book in question researched through our system, it was found that the comic does not have any restoration and I had the developers remove the note. When putting in grader's notes, the graders type out codes that the system converts into notes, and this note was entered on accident by a new grader when he was grading the book. It's basically shorthand code so the graders don't spend their day typing, they just type a few letters and the system fills out the phrase in the note. The finalizer didn't delete the incorrect note before it went out.

So, no resto on the book. The note is fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention so it could be addressed.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
After having the book in question researched through our system, it was found that the comic does not have any restoration and I had the developers remove the note. When putting in grader's notes, the graders type out codes that the system converts into notes, and this note was entered on accident by a new grader when he was grading the book. It's basically shorthand code so the graders don't spend their day typing, they just type a few letters and the system fills out the phrase in the note. The finalizer didn't delete the incorrect note before it went out.

So, no resto on the book. The note is fixed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention so it could be addressed.
Way to be proactive Steve. ๐Ÿ‘
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Thanks for getting back Steve.

I have to say though that is the sharpest 5.5 I think I have ever seen. Surely it should of had the CBCS tick. Is there anything else missed on the notes regarding it as it is tempting to buy and resubmit if no resto and only those major flaws wrong on the notes

Thanks again
Post 31 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I thought it was a great looking 5.5
There is mention of a corner crease that partially breaks color, so that may be the biggest factor in the grade. It must be a pretty large crease. I couldn't make it out in the scan, but admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time studying it.

Still one of the best looking 5.5s I've ever seen. ๐Ÿ‘
Post 32 IP   flag post
I know if I was the owner I would send it out for a re-grade as mistakes can happen of course. If that was sat in a 9.0 holder I wouldn't question it....even after a good stare lol
Post 33 IP   flag post
597875 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?