Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Silver Age

What’s in the Box? Silver and Bronze Age edition.8211

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

@SpiderTim - Very nice!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Last one for this order.

Post 32 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo wow!!!! awesome man!!!
Post 33 IP   flag post
@GAC - Thank you!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Those are some really nice books.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Love the Conan and X-men!
Post 36 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips and @DavidM - Thanks, guys. I have one more order with CBCS right now, but it's from the first week of November. That one has several more SA books, two early BA books (1971), and one Elvira autographed book from 1986 (just for fun!). I'll post that unboxing in a few months. Now I have to think about what to send in next. I figure that if I always have one or two orders in the system, it should never more than a few months wait to get an order back.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@BrianGreensnips and @DavidM - Thanks, guys. I have one more order with CBCS right now, but it's from the first week of November. That one has several more SA books, two early BA books (1971), and one Elvira autographed book from 1986 (just for fun!). I'll post that unboxing in a few months. Now I have to think about what to send in next. I figure that if I always have one or two orders in the system, it should never more than a few months wait to get an order back.
That is a good idea. By the way did you get them pressed?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips - No, but on a few I probably should have. I have pretty much avoided pressing at all costs. I guess it's now considered okay, but then there's the extra time and costs involved. One of these days I will probably submit a bunch for pressing that look like they could really benefit from it.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BrianGreensnips - No, but on a few I probably should have. I have pretty much avoided pressing at all costs. I guess it's now considered okay, but then there's the extra time and costs involved. One of these days I will probably submit a bunch for pressing that look like they could really benefit from it.

I can recommend Josh Avery's Avery Pressing Services. He does great work, can handle CBCS yellow label books and has a faster turn around time than CBCS pressing service at the moment.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

I can recommend Josh Avery's Avery Pressing Services. He does great work, can handle CBCS yellow label books and has a faster turn around time than CBCS pressing service at the moment.

I have checked out his website, and based on what I have heard from others (and now you) he is top notch. A big bonus for me is that he’s on the Cape, which is only around a 90-minute ride away. I just might have to send him an email one of these days.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:

I have checked out his website, and based on what I have heard from others (and now you) he is top notch. A big bonus for me is that he’s on the Cape, which is only around a 90-minute ride away. I just might have to send him an email one of these days.

Try a couple of books with him and you will find to be most pleased with the results. I am 100% confident on that!
Post 42 IP   flag post
600891 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?