Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Old Kung-Fu Movie - Help8193

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys. Little off the comic path here but I'm trying to find the name of an old Kung-Fu Movie I watched when I was a kid.

It wasn't black & white (I'm not that old).
Here are a few parts of the movie I can remember, which might be enough for someone to be able to recognize.

There was a village of people that have to learn ways to defend themselves (or something like that) against an invading army or a clan or killers or something.

One of the characters in particular that stands out to me was a man that was training to make his side & stomach hard to take abuse from arrows, blades etc. When he first started training, he would take bamboo and twist it around his waste (like a yo-yo). The first time he tried it, he was cut open & the old Kung-Fu master/trainer told him how to do it properly etc.

Then the climax of the movie was a battle. All the others characters that developed special abilities all went into battle (but I just can't remember the others or their abilities...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely! Return to the 36th Chamber!

https://youtu.be/VaAFoGfEMMo
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Masochism Love that movie!!! And the sequels are fun also!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Oh Damn ! Thanks bro !
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!! Another classic is Five Deadly Venoms...anyone remember or know of this one? If not, check it out!

Post 5 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC That was going to be my answer.

The toad was invulnerable to having his skin punctured.

The young apprentice was learning all five styles before the final battle.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I don't recall the Five Deadly Venoms. I may have seen it though. ElRey had an all Kung-Fu movie weekend marathon recently. It had all the 36 chamber movies, the Flying guillotine movies and a score of others from the 60's and 70's. I was pretty much glued to that station for that weekend!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Exactly!! there was also the Scorpion, Centipede, Lizard and Snake.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O love marathons like that! When I was a kid, every Sunday afternoon they'd play a Kung Fu movie...I loved them..especially Five Deadly Venoms...very fond memories...much like monster movie marathons with Godzilla, Mothra, Gidra etc...ah..when life was a much simpler time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@GAC those are Awesome movies ! Here's pics from my collection.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@GAC those are Awesome movies ! Here's pics from my collection.

Holy crap!! That's awesome!!!! Well done man!! I need to go watch that movie now lol!! it's been a long time since I last saw it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to guess Kung-Fu Panda. I was way off!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
This one is pretty bad ass [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir_Cdr1L75w]clickable text Riki-Oh : Story of Ricky (1991)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Dalkiel private msg quote post Address this user
Oops clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have over 300 of the 900 Shaw brothers films
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Tdog13 private msg quote post Address this user
The 36th Chamber of Shaolin also went by the name "The Master Killer." The star of that movie, Gordon Liu, had two small roles in Tarantino's movies Kill Bill 1 and 2. Tarantino loves Kung Fu movies too.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
For a little Kung Fu 70s style check out
Black Belt Jones
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Idk how many of you were familiar with Kung Faux, but it was a mashup of these great kung-fu movies with a modern twist.

They were condensed 30 minute episodes of various movies with voiceover tracks that, oddly, seemed to fit perfectly! I got the biggest kick out of these, and I found one of my favorites of the series - Boxcutta.

Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Two of my favorites of all time are

"Come Drink With Me"
and the "Imprudent Iron Phoenix"
Post 19 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I love these movies!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
I watched these on Netflix about a year ago. My dad was mocking me for doing so. Also the White Lotus movies were awesome.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
gotta love the classics. 👍🏼
Post 22 IP   flag post
601196 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?