Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Yes they are.

Those 70's/80's fanzines/mags are getting harder to find in pristine condition.

I was looking on eBay for several mags and could only find FINE with some tinting!??
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb - Let me know if you are looking for any Comics Journals or Amazing World of DC Comics. Most fanzines were bought by subscriptions and they were mailed either with just a sticker attached to the cover or in an envelope with no bag, backboard, or any protection at all.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking for Comics Feature #27 but was only able to find a fine copy with soiling on eBay.
Post 3 IP   flag post
esaravo...you sent me a couple of stellar MINT Marvel Age copies that I am grateful for.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I might have a "few" fanzines. 😊
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I might have a "few" fanzines. 😊

For sale?
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I've regretted the few fanzines I've ever sold. Pretty much all I've bought comic-wise in the last five years have been fanzines and mags. They're my guilty pleasure.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
I've kept a few, dug these out for viewing...

Post 8 IP   flag post
SWEET!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
Are Comic fanzines and such things worth any money, or just for coolness?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Money, coolness...BOTH...not sue,but I still desire them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I predict in the future fanzines will be MUCH harder to find in NM condition.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by roasty
Are Comic fanzines and such things worth any money, or just for coolness?

Some of those from the SA are worth 💰

60's fanzines were often published in very limited numbers, using mimeograph or other carbon stenciling process. This limited the number of legible copies that could be printed at one time. Photocopying changed this & as subscription numbers and overall quality improved, full offset printing with wrap-around covers and color became the more commonplace option for aspiring publishers.

For the best produced fanzines from the 60's & 70's the most renowned fan publications were Jerry Bail's Alter Ego, Jerry Weist's Squa Trent (EC fanzine, Texas based Star-Studded Comics (Larry Hearndon, et al., early fan scripted amateur comic book revering the GA), Spa Fon (another high quality EC fan magazine). Note: These come to mind first, but this was a vibrant medium in which many ambitious artists, writers and publishers of the era participated.

One publisher, GB Love (SFCA), turned out the Rocket's Blast Comic Collector (RBCC) which was a monthly produced adzine that included art & articles on comics and a letters page from fans. GB also churned out quite a few Rocket's Blast Specials, both mimeo & offset, which provided brief histories of comic publishers, heroes, artist's and themes, republishing pages of art in B&W while showcasing amateur fan art.

Like I said at the outset, vintage fanzines can bring premium prices today, especially those which survive in nice condition.
Post 13 IP   flag post
STILL looking for several 80's fanzines in NM condition...nowhere to be found! More rare than Amazing Fantasy #15!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector roasty private msg quote post Address this user
I inherited a bunch of stuff from the 60's-80's... I haven't gone through it all, yet. Might be something in there of interest. I plan to get to it in Spring or Summer this year.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I've got some of these that are pretty much like they were the day I bought them.
I'm not currently selling anything online.

Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I have a bunch of these:

Post 17 IP   flag post
Looking for Comics Journal #57 and Comics Feature #27 if anyone has those send me a message here.
Post 18 IP   flag post
601322 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?