Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Fair grade, or not! That's the question8108

Collector Tony private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
What do the notes say?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
What do the notes say??? maybe something on the interior??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
Notes indicate a 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 stain on the back, 100% that's what nailed you
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahcir
Notes indicate a 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 stain on the back, 100% that's what nailed you
Gets 'em every time. Happened to me quite a few times. I used to miss a lot when I first started submitting books.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think I see the "stain" but honestly... it's just looks discolored?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
The back looks a little dirty, but if that's ll that's wrong with it (along with the spine tick & staple), it seems a little harsh.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Too late now but i bet the inside of the back cover would show the stain more prominently
Post 8 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
The dreaded stain. I got burned on my first few submissions by light stains and fingerprints.

You live and you learn...unfortunately.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
I can see the stain as well. Theres nothing anyone could have done to fix that either unfortunately.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
There are reasons why a stain can hit you hard. Looking at that stain, it wouldn't surprise me if it was an oil based stained (WD-40, 3-in-1, gun cleaning oil, etc). IF that is the case, and if that stain can be removed, I'm sure it would take nothing short of restoration procedures. That stain is there for good. It may not effect the appearance that badly, but the paper in that area would contain oil, effectively making it nondesirable to a lot of collectors.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
As soon as I saw the comic and the 4.5 grade, I immediately said “stain.” I bet that stain cost 1.5 or more off what the grade would be without it. I have a 6.5 SA book that looks like an 8.5 thanks to a stain.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Grune private msg quote post Address this user
Just received my first ever graded book back!
I'm so disappointed I got 5.0 grade because I didn't have the signatures certified.
Is there any way to get a proper grade on a book minus the signatures???
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grune
I'm so disappointed I got 5.0 grade because I didn't have the signatures certified.

You have the option of submitting them back to CBCS to have the signatures verified. Your book will get a red label that indicated that the signatures are verified as being legit. If your signatures fail verification, you are back where you are now. There is a charge for each signature on the book. At this point, you will get a grade hit from every company except CBCS using the Verified signature program. Red labels are pretty nice.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/verified-signature-program
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you don’t submit under a signature program such as ASP for witnessed or VSP for Verified, then that is the proper grade.

Not verified it’s just writing on the book.
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Quote:

If you don’t submit under a signature program such as ASP for witnessed or VSP for Verified, then that is the proper grade.

Not verified it’s just writing on the book.

Depending on the book and signature you may want to consider re-submitting for VSP. Love those red labels!!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelowe
Quote:

You have the option of submitting them back to CBCS to have the signatures verified. Your book will get a red label that indicated that the signatures are verified as being legit. If your signatures fail verification, you are back where you are now. There is a charge for each signature on the book. At this point, you will get a grade hit from every company except CBCS using the Verified signature program. Red labels are pretty nice.

https://www.cbcscomics.com/verified-signature-program

He could go to CGC for a green label without the grade hit. Not my recommendation but it is an option
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Grune private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for all the Info guys!
I guess I'm going to re submit the book to get the signatures certified.
Hope they can certify any signatures.
The book is not signed by an artist or writer.
The book is WWE #1 signed by dolph ziggler and zach Ryder.
They are wrestlers. They signed it at a show.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Probably uncertifiable, but the book sounds like a personal keeper for you anyway. If so, grade is not really important imo. I have a bunch of future coffin liners myself
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Always look carefully for stains before subbing, internal and external. They hammer books with them. Learned this lesson early on when I first started subbing.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Can some stains be removed by cleaning? Always curious on what pressers/cleaners can do to improve grades.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
@moodswing not really. Perhaps some superficial ones, but once it's in the paper there's nothing that can be done, unless you move into restoration territory.
Post 22 IP   flag post
598060 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?