Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Misleading Ebay Listing!!??7993

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So I am looking for a better copy of My Greatest Adventure #81 and came across this!!

clickable text

Guy has balls!!
has detached cover but listing says NM!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
So I am looking for a better copy of My Greatest Adventure #81 and came across this!!

clickable text

Guy has balls!!
has detached cover but listing says NM!!

Pathetic. I would send him an email asking how he would put this at NM with a detached cover. Would love to hear his response.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Most likely because he isnt a grader.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Front cover AND two interior pages detached!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KatKomics Front cover AND two interior pages detached!

If not for that, it would be NM+ 😉
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps he was detached from reality?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
He might mean qualified grade but yes he would do himself a favour and state qualified.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I contacted him asking for an explanation....I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll post it here.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector mrelowe private msg quote post Address this user
He has enough knowledge to discuss grade and price it, but not enough to know that detachable cover and pages will affect grade? I will say that the book presents nicely but not enough to ignore cover pull through.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
i think he might be saying the comics looks like NM,
but the Front cover AND two interior pages detached!
he may not know that Front cover AND two interior pages detached are not NM.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - I know most of the listings are legit and I have faith in several ebay sellers (especially the ones who are on these boards). But I find many of the listings to be misleading, and some are just dishonest. Take a look at the listing below for an "UNRESTORED" X-Men #2. Then look at the Purple label. How can this guy have 100% Positive feedback? And don't tell me he made an honest mistake, because the original listing ran its coarse (what, no bids!) ended recently, and was quickly re-posted. Hey, he does offer free shipping.

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Ha!!! "Unrestored" that's a good one!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
This is why I never buy raw on ebay. I'll buy a slab if i can run the number, but never raw. Most ebay sellers NM is anywhere from 5.0-9.8.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector utilitymoose private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@KatKomics - I know most of the listings are legit and I have faith in several ebay sellers (especially the ones who are on these boards). But I find many of the listings to be misleading, and some are just dishonest. Take a look at the listing below for an "UNRESTORED" X-Men #2. Then look at the Purple label. How can this guy have 100% Positive feedback? And don't tell me he made an honest mistake, because the original listing ran its coarse (what, no bids!) ended recently, and was quickly re-posted. Hey, he does offer free shipping.

clickable text
I reported the guy to Ebay for misleading title and I urge you guys to do the same whenever you see something like that... it may not seem like it but it does help keep the questionable listings to a minimum if they're reported as seen
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I contacted him asking for an explanation....I doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll post it here.

his response:

New message from: edavidchildressjr (756)

This issue has no defects anywhere other than the ones I have mentioned. If you disagree with the stated condition feel free to offer your condition evaluation and a price offer for this issue that corresponds to your condition evaluation for my consideration.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a grade-A d-bag.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
There are plenty of d-bag buyers AND sellers. Ebay is akin to the wild west. But we all know this already.

"I'm not a comic expert"
Post 18 IP   flag post
601333 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?