Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What to Buy - Iron Man1, Strange Adv 205 or Planet Comics??7906

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So in 30 days as long as there is no buyers remorse I should come into $800-$1000 from some sales.

Now I could use this to pay for some of the laminate flooring we just put in the house...or...comic $$ goes back into comics??

I've really wanted for the longest time an Iron Man 1 a Strange Adventures 205 or the best graded Planet Comics space girl cover I could get.

I think Iron Man is out because there are just so many of them that I could get one later (if I have that type of money to blow as allowed by the boss at home!)....that leaves Str Adv 205 or Planet Comics.

Which book should I get??

Have feeling I know which way the board will lean...I'm leaning to StrAdv 205 if only because it may go up in value over the next few years making it unattainable where the Planet Comics have likely leveled and are unlikely to see a 1 or 5yr jump in $$???

Any thoughts??

Batman 189 is on the very edge of possibilities....
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Comics all the way! Especially in grade. There are only so many in existence. Strange Adventures 205 may go up in value but try finding multiple high grade copies of any issue of Planet Comics. If you have one of those, you truly have something!
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Planet Comics are the only one of those things in my inventory.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
As a former SA collector turned GA collector I would agree on the Planet Comics sentiments.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
What they said.

Planet Comics
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
none are bad choices but sure planet space babes is fire
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics Which do you like better... Strange Adventures 205 (I happen to love this book. I have one myself) or Planet Comics?
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 therein lies the problem.

Love both StrAdv205 and Planet Comics....

Can get a StrAdv 205 in about 8.5...not sure how high a Planet Comics I could get?

Ebay/Comic Connect - anywhere else I should look for Planet Comic issues??

I do love the 40's/50's space babes!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, then, @KatKomics, my suggestion from a COST ONLY point of view would be to get the Strange Adventures 205.

My thinking is that it is more likely than the Planet Comics issues to appreciate in value in the next couple of years (meaning that 8.5 money today might only be 7.5 money in a year or two). Plus you don't seem tied to one specific Planet Comics issue, so that makes you more flexible for negotiation for any of them at any time (now or in the future).

With that said, my suggestion from an ENJOYMENT ONLY point of view is to find a really gorgeous Planet Comics issue and pick that up. Seems like you might get the most pleasure from owning it. 😊
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
My vote: Planet Comics.😎
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I love S Adv 205
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Both 205 and Planet will appreciate. I would look for both and pull the trigger on the best deal you can find. If it goes on your wall though, definitely planet. Picking the girl that reminds you most of the wife might pay off.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doog
Picking the girl that reminds you most of the wife might pay off.

Or pick one that looks like your girlfriend and just don't tell the wife. πŸ˜†
Post 13 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Comic Connect sold three of my Planet Comic books in September so I am down to two books left.

Here are the pictures and links if you are interested:

Link

clickable text

Link

clickable text
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
PLANET COMICS every time!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Personally, I'd prefer Iron Man 1, but get what you like in the best condition you can afford.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Sorry - had to pull the trigger yesterday with the ebay 15% off deal. The highest graded book that I had my eyes on was a Strange Adventure 205 which will soon be in the limbo of the Canadian Postal strike!!!!

In the new year I might have my books back and 3 or 4 Steranko yellow labels will go for sale and 2 Batman Family #6's and raise funds to take another off my list of wants...likely a Planet comics as even though I would like an Iron Man or Submariner #1 I already have an IronMan/SubMariner #1 SS by Stan in 9.0

Have my eyes on a Planet Comics 58 right now...it speaks to me!!!

Not this one but still

Post 17 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Congratulations! I love Strange Adventures #205. And with 15% off??? Excellent!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics - Nice! Share a picture of the book when you get it. I am currently waiting for two comics from two different dealers in Canada. So far, one has made it to San Francisco, so it’s only roughly 3,000 miles away. What do you think I will get first, both my orders, or either my July or August submissions to CBCS?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Great choice! Enjoy!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
congrats on your new grail
Post 21 IP   flag post
600873 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?