Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector ONLINE_209 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Robert86m private msg quote post Address this user
Bill's just upset no one is going to really give a damn when he goes he talks about Trump and all this but come on we all know Bill Maher deep down is a disgusting racist and will never in his life touch the reach or level of celebrity status Stan Lee had so he is sour
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
What a douchebag...pretty sure they still do pineapple fitting in hell.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Bill Maher is a real human piece of shit.
Period. How dare he talk trash about us all and talk down upon Stan.... Bill has & will always be a douche.... When he dies, noone will care. I honestly don't see how he even has a show.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
he's clearly not a fan and ignorant to the art form. his opinion is meaningless...makes no difference to me that he doesn't understand what all we fans understand.
Post 5 IP   flag post
First he made fun of my religion. Then my President. Now he's talking trash about the Legend, Stan Lee, and my hobby.....
If Bill was on fire, I wouldn't even piss on the guy to put him out...

The reason pieces of trash like him say things to piss people off, is because he needs attention. Like that singer Sinead O'Connor. She is now a Muslim. Big woop..... It was either "change her religion" or a "leaked" sex tape, in order to get back into the spotlight again & I just dont see a tape happening.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
Bill is a jealous guy. He probably knows that Stan got more ass than he ever did.thats’ why He was called “the man!”....he was even in the men’s magazine -OUI in 1977!long live Stan!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Well - other views have started to appear.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/hong-kong/article/2173725/not-really-superhero-stan-lees-troubling-tendency
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Well - other views have started to appear.

https://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/hong-kong/article/2173725/not-really-superhero-stan-lees-troubling-tendency

nothing new here but not a balanced article....clearly the writer is biased against Stan.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@GAC yeah.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The funny / sad thing about this is they want to talk all that crap knowing he's not around to be able to defend himself one way or the other
Post 11 IP   flag post
@ONLINE_209 yeah.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I swore no more comics, then this happened. PaulPop private msg quote post Address this user

I imagine this is what Stan's response would have been.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@PaulPop LOL
Post 14 IP   flag post
@PaulPop Hahahaha. Someone should tweet that to Bill what's his face.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Geoff private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Gana! Who gives a shit about your religion or your jack-ass president. I do not support Bill hitting on Stan Lee who is at least a folk hero and a wonderful artist. However, bringing your beliefs and politics into it is wrong Not just for Bill Maher but for you too. Be cool, for the most part I am on your side. I loved Stan.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Geoff I was giving reasons why I do not like Bill Maher because he made it personal with me. I didn't tell you all what religion I am, just that he attacked it. And if you live in the US like your icon indicates then my President is your President as well. The way you start your conversation here with me, seems like you're attacking me. Then you tell me to be cool?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector chirock private msg quote post Address this user
This was just a desperate attempt by Billy to stay relevant. Why would Billy have to wait until a great man died to trash talk him and comics as a medium if he strongly held this opinion?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
clickable textAnd here is team Stans’ reply:http://therealstanlee.com/open-letter-to-bill-maher.html
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hi Gana,
I apologize if my note was too terse and that it made you feel attacked. I had no such intention. I could have chosen my words much more carefully. Thank you for the note and now I think that I understand your intent better. I get that you were explaining that Maher was disrespectful to your beliefs and your politics and now he has gone way too far with hitting the hobby. That's okay. I think that the real issue is that Maher is completely ignorant of our hobby. Little does he know the high level of intelligence in the people that I run into in this area. 'Ignorant' is not calling names, it is stating fact. I wish that I had the energy to write to him and disabuse him of his notions regarding comic books. The problem is there is so much to say and teach that I fear the cause would be hopeless. It's really too bad. But you are a good person and I'm sorry that I concerned you. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Geoff Thank you Geoff, I greatly appreciate you sending out a message to me about our exchange previous. That says a lot about your character, and apology accepted my friend. No hard feelings & have a great Thanksgiving to you & yours as well.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth @Geoff I'm glad to see you 2 are getting along I didn't post this to upset anybody either way I just wanted people to know what was going on with Stan I think it's mighty disrespectful of Bill to attack him and his fan base when he did
Post 22 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
An Open Letter to Bill Maher from Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment
Mr. Maher: Comic books, like all literature, are storytelling devices. When written well by great creators such as Stan Lee, they make us feel, make us think and teach us lessons that hopefully make us better human beings. One lesson Stan taught so many of us was tolerance and respect, and thanks to that message, we are grateful that we can say you have a right to your opinion that comics are childish and unsophisticated. Many said the same about Dickens, Steinbeck, Melville and even Shakespeare.

But to say that Stan merely inspired people to “watch a movie” is in our opinion frankly disgusting. Countless people can attest to how Stan inspired them to read, taught them that the world is not made up of absolutes, that heroes can have flaws and even villains can show humanity within their souls. He gave us the X-Men, Black Panther, Spider-Man and many other heroes and stories that offered hope to those who felt different and bullied while inspiring countless to be creative and dream of great things to come.

These are but a few of the things we the fans of Stan Lee also consider “adulting,” because life both as a child and grown-up can indeed be a struggle. Stan is the author of millions of happy childhood memories and the provider of so many of the positive tools of adulthood.

Our shock at your comments makes us want to say “‘Nuff said, Bill,” but instead we will rely on another of Stan’s lessons to remind you that you have a powerful platform, so please remember: “With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!”

-Team Stan
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Johnnylray @drchaos The Stan Team was too polite IMO, which was way more than Bill deserves.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/bill-maher-says-outrage-over-his-stan-lee-comments-proves-my-point/ar-BBPXBLk?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Maher quote: "I am agnostic on Stan Lee. I don't read comic books. I didn't even read them when I was a child."

He's a really bright, intelligent man to comment on a man and a topic of which he, by his own words, knows nothing about. <eye roll>
What a friggin idiot
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff
Hey Gana! Who gives a shit about your religion or your jack-ass president. I do not support Bill hitting on Stan Lee who is at least a folk hero and a wonderful artist. However, bringing your beliefs and politics into it is wrong Not just for Bill Maher but for you too. Be cool, for the most part I am on your side. I loved Stan.

If you mean 'Writer', I agree.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess one thing about politics in general is that it's going a long way to polarize people one way or another. I prefer to not comment on Maher or anything anyone says in the press or entertainment industry because it's just adding oxygen to a fire. I prefer to ignore it so that anyone for or against him can just ignore his points and forget about it altogether.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Hi Mr_SigS,
Yes, I was using the word 'Artist' to cover the spectrum. Meaning Musicians (of which I am one), Painters, Sculptors, writers, Dancers etc etc. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Geoff
Post 29 IP   flag post
597896 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?